More points next year : Matthew Barzal or Nick Suzuki

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who scores more points next season

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Wow
I had no idea ottawa finished with 86 points the year before last
That is very good
Very good indeed
Better than 68. But I am not sure if you are capable of that type of math.

Really interesting to see Barzal losing this poll despite beating Suzuki last year. No pressure though.... How many habs fans have voted in this thread? The leagues most delusional fanbase out in droves in every thread. Stating their players are the best in every poll but there's no pressure.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
So you think its laughable that Barzal is a better hockey player than Suzuki? Clearly you cant push aside your bias if you think thats laughable. I will admit its close but I prefer Barzal's raw talent. He has two seasons better than Suzuki has ever had. But I am sure you knew that.
Offensively, sure, it's close. Suzuki is far, far better defensively. That's not close. You're absolutely biased here. You live for knocking anything about the Habs.

Reactions: waitin425

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Offensively, sure, it's close. Suzuki is far, far better defensively. That's not close. You're absolutely biased here. You live for knocking anything about the Habs.
So you cant not be biased as per my previous post. No I dont live to knock anything Habs I am a realist about a team that you guys are out of control in your evaluations of hence this post.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Better than 68. But I am not sure if you are capable of that type of math.

Really interesting to see Barzal losing this poll despite beating Suzuki last year. No pressure though.... How many habs fans have voted in this thread? The leagues most delusional fanbase out in droves in every thread. Stating their players are the best in every poll but there's no pressure.
I get it
It’s your responsibility to keep habs fans humble and realistic
It’s no fun to have high expectations and disappointing results

But we’re not asking if Montreal is going to be an 86 point wagon this year

I think it’s far more reasonable to expect that suzuki, who has improved his ppg every season so far, who is gaining a fully recovered caufield, an emerging slafkofski, kirby dach and patrik laine would exceed his career high of 77 points, where barzal outside of his rookie year has only scored more than 62 points once, when he scored 80 last year

Suzuki is a perfectly reasonable choice for this poll

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I get it
It’s your responsibility to keep habs fans humble and realistic
It’s no fun to have high expectations and disappointing results

But we’re not asking if Montreal is going to be an 86 point wagon this year

I think it’s far more reasonable to expect that suzuki, who has improved his ppg every season so far, who is gaining a fully recovered caufield, an emerging slafkofski, kirby dach and patrik laine would exceed his career high of 77 points, where barzal outside of his rookie year has only scored more than 62 points once, when he scored 80 last year

Suzuki is a perfectly reasonable choice for this poll
Everything went right for Suzuki last year with no pressure. We will see if he can repeat it, other teams likely take them more seriously and him more seriously this year. May get tougher matchups etc.

Barzal has a season of 85 points and 80 points. Suzuki's best was last year at 77. No need to beat around the bush and try and change how this actually looks. Those are the stats. That being said Barzal is a more talented offensive player he is one of the most talented skilled players in the league. Even being in a poor situation he produces.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
So you cant not be biased as per my previous post. No I dont live to knock anything Habs I am a realist about a team that you guys are out of control in your evaluations of hence this post.
You? Realist? :laugh:

Goodness gracious that's funny.

I never claimed no bias. I said that you are.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
You think Suzuki is without a doubt a better player than Barzal. But yeah you're not biased.
You do realize that twice now, I've never denied bias. You ARE biased too. Bias doesn't mean one person is, one person isn't. It's really not complicated. Go ahead and claim to be a realist. You're not, but you can say it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You do realize that twice now, I've never denied bias. You ARE biased too. Bias doesn't mean one person is, one person isn't. It's really not complicated. Go ahead and claim to be a realist. You're not, but you can say it.
I am not biased, I rip on my own team all the time when they deserve it. I have been calling all of Dorions moves out for most of a decade, I made a thread that stated they should have fired him 5 years ago. I dont see the point in going into a discussion if you cant be impartial. I call it like I see it. I have been very positive about the moves and the way that Hughes has gone about the rebuild. I think Montreal has got unlucky in whats fallen to them in terms of positional value in the draft but thats part of it. Otherwise they have made the right selections where they have been picking for the most part. That doesnt mean I cant recognize that as an individual player Barzal is more talented and the bigger game breaker than Suzuki.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Everything went right for Suzuki last year with no pressure. We will see if he can repeat it, other teams likely take them more seriously and him more seriously this year. May get tougher matchups etc.

Barzal has a season of 85 points and 80 points. Suzuki's best was last year at 77. No need to beat around the bush and try and change how this actually looks. Those are the stats. That being said Barzal is a more talented offensive player he is one of the most talented skilled players in the league. Even being in a poor situation he produces.
Other teams take them more seriously? Is there such a thing as teams not taking others seriously? Are you serious? Do you know how many one goal games we had last year?

Teams had the luxury of focusing on Suzukis line last year. We had no depth. This year, we will have two dangerous scoring lines. Matchups will be much more difficult. Suzukis productivity should increase.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I am not biased, I rip on my own team all the time when they deserve it. I have been calling all of Dorions moves out for most of a decade, I made a thread that stated they should have fired him 5 years ago. I dont see the point in going into a discussion if you cant be impartial. I call it like I see it. I have been very positive about the moves and the way that Hughes has gone about the rebuild. I think Montreal has got unlucky in whats fallen to them in terms of positional value in the draft but thats part of it. Otherwise they have made the right selections where they have been picking for the most part. That doesnt mean I cant recognize that as an individual player Barzal is more talented and the bigger game breaker than Suzuki.
You clearly don't understand the definition of the word "bias". That does seem to fit with the many other things you don't understand.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Other teams take them more seriously? Is there such a thing as teams not taking others seriously? Are you serious? Do you know how many one goal games we had last year?

Teams had the luxury of focusing on Suzukis line last year. We had no depth. This year, we will have two dangerous scoring lines. Matchups will be much more difficult. Suzukis productivity should increase.
Yes when other teams saw montreals lineup last year maybe they dont match lines etc. This year they will.

Ok you're right the habs are going to be the best this year, wont finish anywhere near last in the division..... NO PRESSURE! Suzuki is Crosby reincarnated etc.

• Haha
Reactions: waitin425

Doom Bot

Aug 30, 2024
They will probably be very close. I think Barzal obviously has some special physical tools that Nick does not (very few can skate like Barzal), while Suzuki has a very good mental game and IQ. In a vacuum, talking pure offensive output, Barzal probably has a small edge but I think Suzuki will be put in a better position to succeed this year and will produce slightly more.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
Yes when other teams saw montreals lineup last year maybe they dont match lines etc. This year they will.

Ok you're right the habs are going to be the best this year, wont finish anywhere near last in the division..... NO PRESSURE! Suzuki is Crosby reincarnated etc.
Suzki had a qoc of 99% last year. Pretty sure the other teams matched their best defensive lines against him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nick Suzuki has always left me wanting more. Great shot but doesn’t shoot enough. Solid two way player who I felt should get more points than he has.

In the second half of last year he really leveled up. One of the best players in the league. A massive jump. We’ll see if that was a hot streak or the new Nick. Personally I’m expecting more from him this year. Better supporting cast will help as well.

I’ll say Suzuki.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Slafkovsky sucked offensively for the first ~30 games of the season, and something clicked after that. Assuming he continues on that path, I think it'll help his linemates numbers as well. That's a big reason I went Suzuki here, depsite me thinking it'll be pretty close.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Barzal is absolutely a better player than Lil’ Suzy

Come on now

Lol Suzuki is a 200+ lbs thicc boi that would most likely trash Barzal if this ever come to the fists

All I read is a bias opinion

Suzuki ftw

Last edited:

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Lol Suzuki is a 200+ lbs thicc boi that would most likely trash Barzal if the ever came to the fists

All I read is a bias opinion

Suzuki ftw
Others: Barzal is great at ____, ____. and ______.

You: Well Suzuki could beat him up in a fight.

Best counter ever!

ongratulations on Suzuki being better at face punching though.:huh:

Reactions: Coffees

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad