More points next year : Matthew Barzal or Nick Suzuki

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who scores more points next season

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
really depends on if Duclair can

happy-putting.gif

Reactions: banks and Coffees

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I'm a Barzal fan. Lots of people underrated him now just because he didn't instantly improve on his great rookie year. But he's a serious scoring threat, hit 80 points last season, and should be around the point per game mark. Very good bet he scores more than Suzuki.

But I voted Suzuki anyway. I just can't help it, he's one of my favourite players in the league. Ever since I saw him play for the Guelph Storm, I was convinced he was a superstar. He has no ceiling, in my humble opinion. 80 points, 90 points, more. I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest.

Reactions: Mrb1p and HabzSauce

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Suzuki has the more talented support options to me so him . But pretty close poll on the surface

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Does Montreal have someone that can outlet pass from the zone as good as Dobson though?

Not yet, and they will eventually , but im asking for next year
Hutson ? Hes expected to make it no ? I’m more thinking the pp would be effective , at least on paper some sort of combination of Suzuki , Caufield , Slaf , Laine , Hutson /Matheson could be formidable ; more so than the Islander counterpart ( despite Dobson being a complete stud ) .

Last edited:
Reactions: Coffees

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Barzal is the better scorer but has a worse supporting cast as the Islanders are shallower and less flashy than Montreal (which is a weird thing to say about the Habs after the past few years). Voted Suzuki, but I bet it ends up being very close barring injury for either.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Hutson ? Hes expected to make it no ? I’m more thinking the pp would be effective , at least on paper some sort of combination of ( Suzuki , Caufield , Slaf , Laine , Hutson /Matheson ) could be formidable ; more so than the Islander counterpart ( despite Dobson being a complete stud ) .
Good post, I’ve changed my perspective a bit now too

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Barzal he is a better hockey player. More talented, Montreal fans expectations are wildly out of control already. Knew this would happen, real pressure now.
Is there pressure? Ottawa has all of these awesome players and everyone expects them to suck every year and they do

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Barzal is a better player for sure but Depending on if Laine has a good season and plays with Suzuki. Nick Suzuki could potentially outscore Barzal by 10 or more points.
Barzal is absolutely not the better player. In no way, shape, or form. Maybe he outscores Suzuki, but he's absolutely not the better player.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Barzal will get more points but Suzuki will be close and is a better overall player.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Barzal is absolutely not the better player. In no way, shape, or form. Maybe he outscores Suzuki, but he's absolutely not the better player.
Whatever you say.

I can’t use a pathetic Canadian franchise as a comparable for expectations for Montreal?
Well dispite league worst goaltending last year Ottawa still finished ahead of montreal. How bad is Montreal if thats the case especially considering their goalies were some of the best with advanced metrics and still finished 5th last. The previous season Ottawa finished with 86 points a whopping 18 more than the Montreal Canadiens. Maybe you shouldnt throw stones living in a glass house and actually focus on the thread you are in and the teams and players it involves. But if you are too petty and pathetic I understand you are consistent atleast.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Whatever you say.

Well dispite league worst goaltending last year Ottawa still finished ahead of montreal. How bad is Montreal if thats the case especially considering their goalies were some of the best with advanced metrics and still finished 5th last. The previous season Ottawa finished with 86 points a whopping 18 more than the Montreal Canadiens. Maybe you shouldnt throw stones living in a glass house and actually focus on the thread you are in and the teams and players it involves. But if you are too petty and pathetic I understand you are consistent atleast.
Thanks for your response. Your contribution has been... :laugh:

Reactions: Canadienna

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Thanks for your response. Your contribution has been... :laugh:
So you think its laughable that Barzal is a better hockey player than Suzuki? Clearly you cant push aside your bias if you think thats laughable. I will admit its close but I prefer Barzal's raw talent. He has two seasons better than Suzuki has ever had. But I am sure you knew that.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Whatever you say.

Wow
I had no idea ottawa finished with 86 points the year before last
That is very good
Very good indeed

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad