Moose Season Discussion

HighFlyingJets

Sep 30, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Was also at the game, and I gotta say. There was almost no structure to this game. Nobody stood out much in a good way. Other than CJ Seuss & maybe Axel J-F.

Lambert : Speed was evident. Definitely the fastest on the ice, had a near tip in that deflected high other than that no high danger chances. His defensive game was pretty solid. He backchecked well.

Chibrikov: Didn't really notice him much.

Salmonsson: Good defensively, tough making breakout passes from the zone.

Lucius: He played!!!!

Milic: Not very good. He looks very small in net and let in some easy saves.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Was also at the game, and I gotta say. There was almost no structure to this game. Nobody stood out much in a good way. Other than CJ Seuss & maybe Axel J-F.

Lambert : Speed was evident. Definitely the fastest on the ice, had a near tip in that deflected high other than that no high danger chances. His defensive game was pretty solid. He backchecked well.

Chibrikov: Didn't really notice him much.

Salmonsson: Good defensively, tough making breakout passes from the zone.

Lucius: He played!!!!

Milic: Not very good. He looks very small in net and let in some easy saves.

It's early but Milic had been out played by DiVincentiis so far.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Was doing colour so didn't really get to do a game recap with Jets game right after we finished media.

Notable:

They added an assist for Lucius, his first point of season.

If anyone wants to go to the game on Sunday afternoon let me know as we've got seats in the IC Zone.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Watched the Moose game. Team played well overall and like the Jets are getting good special teams contributions.

Player review:

DiVincentiis: Fantastic game, made a number of grade A saves. He looks to have all the tools, good size, strong positionally and real good lateral movement. He keeps this up he'll earn the starting role for the Moose.

Lundmark was good in his end, moved the puck well. Very low event game from him which is what you want from a stay at home guy.

Salomonsson: strong defensively and he's really starting to get his lines and reads down on the NA sized ice. He has a very good breakout pass, can also skate himself out of trouble, or make the simple play when needed. He also looks very comfortable QBing that first unit pp. That bodes well for getting some offense on top of his d game.

Zhilkin: He had a great game forechecking/backchecking and disrupting play. He also was very dangerous with the puck in the ozone and was unlucky not to get some points. He keeps that play up and he'll start potting them. I can definitely see a third or fourth line guy in our system if he can add some production to his play.

Chibrikov: He's playing a much better all around game. He's managing puck a lot better in his zone and is working well with his linemates. He had a couple of chances and was battling hard. He's learning to play hard without the recklessness he displayed last year. All in all I see an NHL player here, sooner then later.

Lambert: Thought he took a bit to get going today, but once he did the skating and transitional play was really on display. He's showing a much more polished defensive game. He back tracks well, is disciplined in his positioning and is supporting the defense well in his zone. Offensively he had a couple good looks, and squeezed a one timer through on the pp for his goal. He's coming along nicely and likely also will be NHL ready by at the very latest next training camp.

Too bad I didn't get to see Chaz as they seem to be load managing him to start the year. But if it keeps him healthy I'm all for it.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Watched the Moose game. Team played well overall and like the Jets are getting good special teams contributions.

Player review:

DiVincentiis: Fantastic game, made a number of grade A saves. He looks to have all the tools, good size, strong positionally and real good lateral movement. He keeps this up he'll earn the starting role for the Moose.

Lundmark was good in his end, moved the puck well. Very low event game from him which is what you want from a stay at home guy.

Salomonsson: strong defensively and he's really starting to get his lines and reads down on the NA sized ice. He has a very good breakout pass, can also skate himself out of trouble, or make the simple play when needed. He also looks very comfortable QBing that first unit pp. That bodes well for getting some offense on top of his d game.

Zhilkin: He had a great game forechecking/backchecking and disrupting play. He also was very dangerous with the puck in the ozone and was unlucky not to get some points. He keeps that play up and he'll start potting them. I can definitely see a third or fourth line guy in our system if he can add some production to his play.

Chibrikov: He's playing a much better all around game. He's managing puck a lot better in his zone and is working well with his linemates. He had a couple of chances and was battling hard. He's learning to play hard without the recklessness he displayed last year. All in all I see an NHL player here, sooner then later.

Lambert: Thought he took a bit to get going today, but once he did the skating and transitional play was really on display. He's showing a much more polished defensive game. He back tracks well, is disciplined in his positioning and is supporting the defense well in his zone. Offensively he had a couple good looks, and squeezed a one timer through on the pp for his goal. He's coming along nicely and likely also will be NHL ready by at the very latest next training camp.

Too bad I didn't get to see Chaz as they seem to be load managing him to start the year. But if it keeps him healthy I'm all for it.
Some pretty interesting roster decisions healthy scratching Kuzmin and Torgersson for AHL contracts, Zloty and Conley. Lundmark and Salomonsson split up for this game. Anhorn with his first career goal, a shorty. Sounds like Di Vincentiis is gunning for the starting job, early on. From IC it seems like Salomonsson, Lambert and Chibrikov are clicking a bit on the PP.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Some pretty interesting roster decisions healthy scratching Kuzmin and Torgersson for AHL contracts, Zloty and Conley. Lundmark and Salomonsson split up for this game. Anhorn with his first career goal, a shorty. Sounds like Di Vincentiis is gunning for the starting job, early on. From IC it seems like Salomonsson, Lambert and Chibrikov are clicking a bit on the PP.

That would match what I've seen. Would like to see a bit more from them offensively 5 on 5 but imo that will come.

Reactions: voyageur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad