Proposal: Montreal - Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
- Don't think the Leafs can afford to part with their 2nd round draft pick at this point in the year.
- Don't think the Leafs are prepared to give up on Nick Ritchie just yet.

Reactions: banks

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Montreal Canadiens
Michael Hutchinson
Nick Ritchie
Justin Holl
Leafs’ second-round draft pick of 2022

Toronto Maple Leafs
Ben Chiarot
Cayden Primeau
Adam Brooks
You want the Leafs to waive Brooks again. This proposal to very bad for the Leafs. The only NHL player is Chiarot.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I actually think that the value is fair but I can’t see why the Habs would do it.

Chiarot for Holl and a 2nd
Primeau for Ritchie
Brooks for Hutchinson

Problem is that Primeau is a big need for the Habs. After Price and Allen it really drops off in NHL playable goalie depth. Primeau has the best shot at being next in line. Montembeau and McNiven are not really NHL material.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Do you at least buy us dinner first, or do we have to pay for that as well?

You want Chiarot? Just make an honest offer for him, without trying to sneak our best goalie prospect into the deal and dumping Ritchie's contract on us.

Last edited:

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I'd say Holl and Chiarot is pretty close to a wash, with the advantage to Holl. Holl has a much more attractive contract. Chiarot is a little harder to play against physically.

Ritchie has had a slow start. But, it is far too early in his Leafs career to give up on him. If he looks the same after 50 games I'll probably change my mind. He is the type of player who retains value imo even if he is struggling because he adds a gritty element. The same way Sam Bennett was still coveted last deadline.

I think going from Hutchinson to Primeau is a downgrade. The Leafs are designed to compete. Hutchinson is a productive #3 goalie. The idea of Primeau in a playoff game scares me. He's not exactly a prospect worth carving room for.

The Leafs will get Brooks back on waivers if Montreal waives him again. I think I'd rather wait and see on that one.

The Leafs have 3 picks this season. I could see them blowing through another one to add to the roster. But, if there target was say Chiarot. They could trade Holl for a 2nd because they have to make roster room and then parlay a 2nd into Chiarot at 50% if that was their preference. The rest is unnecessary.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I'd say Holl and Chiarot is pretty close to a wash, with the advantage to Holl. Holl has a much more attractive contract. Chiarot is a little harder to play against physically.

Ritchie has had a slow start. But, it is far too early in his Leafs career to give up on him. If he looks the same after 50 games I'll probably change my mind. He is the type of player who retains value imo even if he is struggling because he adds a gritty element. The same way Sam Bennett was still coveted last deadline.

I think going from Hutchinson to Primeau is a downgrade. The Leafs are designed to compete. Hutchinson is a productive #3 goalie. The idea of Primeau in a playoff game scares me. He's not exactly a prospect worth carving room for.

The Leafs will get Brooks back on waivers if Montreal waives him again. I think I'd rather wait and see on that one.

The Leafs have 3 picks this season. I could see them blowing through another one to add to the roster. But, if there target was say Chiarot. They could trade Holl for a 2nd because they have to make roster room and then parlay a 2nd into Chiarot at 50% if that was their preference. The rest is unnecessary.

lol

Reactions: CanadianSharks

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Holl had a rough start to the season, so he was scratched and the team hasn't lost without him in, so he has remained scratched. He was the Leafs #4 defenseman coming into the season (12 games ago), behind Rielly, Muzzin and Brodie, like Chiarot would be if he came to Toronto. They proved this by protecting him in the expansion draft over hot shot Jared McCann. They play similar minutes, 20+, heavy PK usage, they both play physical and block plenty of shots. They're similar style defenseman, who should slot in around the same place on a good team. What Holl has going for him is a cheap contract 2M per for 2 years and the fact that he is a RHS on a team with more lefties than righties. Unlike Chiarot who is almost twice as expensive, expiring and shoots left.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Holl had a rough start to the season, so he was scratched and the team hasn't lost without him in, so he has remained scratched. He was the Leafs #4 defenseman coming into the season (12 games ago), behind Rielly, Muzzin and Brodie, like Chiarot would be if he came to Toronto. They proved this by protecting him in the expansion draft over hot shot Jared McCann. They play similar minutes, 20+, heavy PK usage, they both play physical and block plenty of shots. They're similar style defenseman, who should slot in around the same place on a good team. What Holl has going for him is a cheap contract 2M per for 2 years and the fact that he is a RHS on a team with more lefties than righties. Unlike Chiarot who is almost twice as expensive, expiring and shoots left.

playoff teams are gonna look at Chiarot and know what he can do. the fact that his contract is expiring makes him even more attractive

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland

If the Leafs wish to acquire Chiarot, then let us be the judge of that. No reason trying to sell us on Holl.

Ritchie has had a slow start. But, it is far too early in his Leafs career to give up on him. If he looks the same after 50 games I'll probably change my mind. He is the type of player who retains value imo even if he is struggling because he adds a gritty element. The same way Sam Bennett was still

Very well. Keep him. Montreal should be looking to shed some wingers, not to add more of them.

I think going from Hutchinson to Primeau is a downgrade.

Excellent. Let's take both of them out.

Fair enough.

They could trade Holl for a 2nd because they have to make roster room and then parlay a 2nd into Chiarot at 50% if that was their preference.

You can certainly try, although a single 2nd round pick might not be enough to outbid other interested parties.

The rest is unnecessary.

Agreed.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Montreal Canadiens
Michael Hutchinson
Nick Ritchie
Justin Holl
Leafs’ second-round draft pick of 2022

Toronto Maple Leafs
Ben Chiarot
Cayden Primeau
Adam Brooks
If Montreal trade Chiarot at the trade deadline it will be to a team thats a contender for the cup.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
I don’t understand the logic behind the Habs trading their best Goalie prospect that theoretically steps in to replace Price in a few years and take back waiver fodder in Hutchinson

so they can acquire a fairly useless asset like Ritchie? Weird concept

If the basic idea was the get Chariot then just do him for the 2nd

Reactions: Habs10Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad