Proposal: Montreal / Toronto / Sharks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB
That's what I'm wonderin...

I'm very high on Reway for one. He's the one I'd hate most to let go. This deal is basically just "I don't like our prospects, can we have yours?" Which isn't true for me. McCarron we hope will turn into a big strong centerman, probably 2nd or third line. Scherbak and Carr are good prospects too, so I don't get why we'd be just giving up on them to take on more guys that haven't shown they're an improvement yet. No matter what their pre-NHL hype is. I'm high enough on these guys that this deal doesn't make sense. That's how both sides should feel on the first deal.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Toronto Maple Leafs
Leo Komarov
Nikita Soshnikov
Kasperi Kapanen
Frédérik Gauthier
For
Montreal
Daniel Carr
Nikita Scherbak
Michael McCarron
Martin Réway

San Jose Sharks
Mirco Müller
Noah Rod
For
Montreal
Mike Condon
Alexei Yemelin retain 50% of salary
Sven Andrighetto

Or what would it take to get Mirco Müller ,Noah Rod from the Sharks and what would it take to get Leo Komarov, Nikita Soshnikov, Kasperi Kapanen ,Frédérik Gauthier from Toronto?

So I basically see it pairing off like this;

Soshnikov - Carr. Both LW with 2yrs left at 737k. Both about the same size and likely end up as energy middle-six wingers who can chip in some offense. I keep Sosh because he has a better shot and is younger (22, Carr is 24). Carr put up 9pts in 23gp with MTL this year, Sosh 5pts in 11gp with TOR.

Kapanen - Scherbak. Both late 1st round picks, both RW, both only 20 years old. I'm not familiar with Scherbak other than the numbers and that he isn't a top 50 prospect, which Kapanen is. But Nikita is bigger and both produced about the same in the AHL this year; 48gp 23pts for Scherbak and 44gp 25pts for Kapanen - who also put up 8pts in 14gp in the playoffs. Kapanen has a promising two-way game, good along the boards and can be slick with the puck, dangling through D, but he's a pass-first player. I keep him.

Gauthier - McCarron. Both former late 1st round picks from the same draft. Both now 21. Both near identical in size (6'5 230 vs 6'6 230), but that's about it for similarities. While Mike has played some C he's more of a winger IMO, while Goat is a pure C. They also play very different games, while McCarron may put up more offense in the NHL and has a nasty streak, Gauthier is a gentle giant who isn't expected to put up many points is top notch defensively. Neither will/should play any higher than botton-six beyond injury fill-in. With MTL this year Mike had 2pts in 20gp, Goat had 1pts in 7gp - and was at home on the PK. I keep Goat because of his value as a defensive player and I'm a big fan of his, but value probably favours McCarron.

Komarov - Reway. They have nothing in common and the value greatly favours Leo, that being said I like Reway, he's a flashy, exciting player to watch in international tournaments.

In closing: Komarov, Kapanen, Soshnikov, Carr, McCarron, Gauthier, Reway is the order or value - Toronto says no pretty easily.

As for the second question, it's hard to say. Montreal has a couple great players, a couple good ones, a bunch of meh and a bad prospect pool outside of their recent 1st.

Edit: Forgot they drafted Mete, that was a good pick.

Last edited:

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Toronto Maple Leafs
Leo Komarov
Nikita Soshnikov
Kasperi Kapanen
Frédérik Gauthier
For
Montreal
Daniel Carr
Nikita Scherbak
Michael McCarron
Martin Réway

San Jose Sharks
Mirco Müller
Noah Rod
For
Montreal
Mike Condon
Alexei Yemelin retain 50% of salary
Sven Andrighetto

Or what would it take to get Mirco Müller ,Noah Rod from the Sharks and what would it take to get Leo Komarov, Nikita Soshnikov, Kasperi Kapanen ,Frédérik Gauthier from Toronto?

:facepalm:

Sweet Jebus..................

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I wouldn't trade any one of those players alone, for that entire Habs package. Komarov, Kapanen and Soshnikov are way better than any of those Habs rejects. Gauthier might make me listen but there is no need for all those contracts, when all of those players are pretty useless to the Leafs. There's already a huge battle at the forward position. They Leafs are giving up a ton of skill for some meat heads and a skilled guy who will probably never make it in the NHL.

Gauthier is the worse player in this deal, AINEC.

Stop kidding yourself.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Gauthier is the worse*'player in this deal, AINEC.

Stop kidding yourself.

Worst*

How am I kidding myself? Where in the post did I say he wasn't. Since we are making assumptions, then I'm assuming there is a language barrier here. Get somebody who can properly read English to explain the posts to you before you respond.

Last edited:

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Bad value for the Habs the first deal, and really doesn't make much sense for either side. Makes no sense for SJ in the second. We want fewer Emelin type players, not more. SJ would have to send back Dillon.

Agree on trade Value... but would actually like Dillon to Mtl (if we let go of Emelin:D )

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
This thread is meant to teach Leaf fans empathy for some of our one-sided proposals.

Dear god...

A major part of the Shanaplan is having Komarov/Soshnikov type players paired with the high-skilled players so there is someone on each line to chase the puck and generate turnovers.

OPs proposal offers nothing to the Leafs in return, so we'd be mashing the reset button on a 2-year-old rebuild.

That makes zero sense.

If we were sending these guys out in a package it would be for a serious asset that more or less replaces them but is perhaps a couple years younger, coming from a team in a "win-now" mentality.

Which of course Montreal is but the package heading to Toronto isn't even close.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Habs say no tho the first one quite easily while the Sharks say hell no to the 2nd offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad