Proposal: Montreal/Philly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
To Montreal: Wayne Simmonds, Brayden Schenn and 4th round pick 2018

vs

To Philly: Max Pacioretty, David Desharnais (Cap Dump), Tim Bozon

MTL POV: Simmonds could be the guy for the 2nd line with Gallagher, Schenn could play on the 1rst line or the 2nd with Plekanec. Both are physical and can score.

Philly POV: Pacioretty is a pure sniper who can play pk with a friendly contract plus Philly saves cash for the next year to come without Schenn on the cap. Desharnais can produce as 2nd line/3rd line center 40-50 pts for a 3.5M$ center isn't bad and only 1yr left at his contract. Bozon could have a chance as a Flyers.. good size, good hand but too much guy over him.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Simmonds has similar value to Pac.

No way Philly gives up Schenn for Desharnais and Bozon.

LEIFey

Context Matters!
Jun 28, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
I like Maxpac but I don't know if the difference between him and Simmonds is Schenn. Then you add DD as well? This just wouldn't work for the Flyers.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
bad for philly.

First, simmonds is a RW wich we have radulov and gally.

second, doesnt work on cap. montreal bust.

third, simmonds AND schenn both bring similar production as patch. while patch is the overall best player, philly loses way too much foward skills depth and loses youth, wich is a step backward as philly is not even a contender.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Philly POV: Pacioretty is a pure sniper who can play pk with a friendly contract plus Philly saves cash for the next year to come without Schenn on the cap. Desharnais can produce as 2nd line/3rd line center 40-50 pts for a 3.5M$ center isn't bad and only 1yr left at his contract. Bozon could have a chance as a Flyers.. good size, good hand but too much guy over him.

Oh boy, we save money without Schenn on the cap for years to come. Whaaaat? Brayden Schenn is like, umm, kind of really good.

You will not find one Flyers fan who even contemplates this offer for 5 seconds. A terrible proposal.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

vs

MTL POV: Simmonds could be the guy for the 2nd line with Gallagher, Schenn could play on the 1rst line or the 2nd with Plekanec. Both are physical and can score.

This is bad and you should feel bad.

MustardTigers

Aug 2, 2013
Feel shame dude,

This offer is painfully one-sided for MTL, you could replace Bozun with Sergachev and I still think Philly decline this deal.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
As a habs fan, I can confidentially say this is a terrible trade for montreal.

Lol nah, absolutely horrible trade for the phillies.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Feel shame dude,

This offer is painfully one-sided for MTL, you could replace Bozun with Sergachev and I still think Philly decline this deal.

Sergechev is like a star in the bcg box. His value will increase quickly as he plays in the NHL.
That being said the trade is so mtl sided that the phillies will still reject the deal. But I would be glad as a habs fan that Sergechev wasnt traded.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I believe they have the same value. I would also think Simmonds has more value for most GMs. He plays hard and scores. Players like him, Gallagher, are worth more that thier points.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Pacioretty puts up 5ish more points a season and has a better two way game.

Simmonds has a cheaper contract (both great) and plays a grittier game.

Same contract length, months apart in age, and similar value.

Last edited by a moderator:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
as a habs fan theres no way philly touches this. desharnais is negative value. bozon very little if anything. i like paciorety but hes not getting us simmonds. brutal

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Pacioretty and Simmonds have pretty similar value, while Schenn has miles more value than DD and Bozon, Philly says hell no.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Wow, Flyers are getting completely screwed in this deal. No freaking way Flyers even think about, easy no.

Neutral fan here

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That's a resounding no from every Philadelphia fanout there. We need to add Top 9 Wings, not subtract them.

Even in the alternate reality that the Flyers trade more value in two good players for one better player, they aren't the ones taking the cap dump.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

vs

Hextall hangs up phone, flies to Montreal, then punches Bergevin in the face with the same blocker he threw at Chelios.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Ya Hextall was so easy to get off his game.

:huh:

This is a bit of a non sequitur. Hextall attacked Chelios in the dying moments of an elimination game that the Flyers weren't going to win as revenge against Chelios nearly decapitating Brian Propp earlier in the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad