Montreal & Ottawa (7:30 PM) - Sept. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
So Pageau's four points in nine games count for consistency?
Forget the hometown bias, Pageau simply is not that good. He MIGHT be a 40-point player. MIGHT be. Da Costa, if he plays the ice time and roles needed for a skill player of his type, has the potential to be a Top Six forward, it's unfortunate that MacLean doesn't see his potential.

Are you high?

Pageau has only impressed since his debut with the big club. Are you predicting the future by making such assumptions because it's the ONLY way you can say that at this point.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
I don't understand how a player's consistency can be judged based on one late-season call-up and playoff.

For example, Corey Conacher was an absolute beast in the first thirty-or-so games of his rookie year for Tampa. Came to Ottawa, didn't impress.

I'm not saying Da Costa will be a top six forward, he's quite slow and lacks strength and speed. But you can't deny that his hands, especially on a powerplay, could be deadly.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I don't understand how a player's consistency can be judged based on one late-season call-up and playoff.
People are excited about how he plays, not that he puts up points. He's always played the same way, hard, fast, and with hockey sense.

For example, Corey Conacher was an absolute beast in the first thirty-or-so games of his rookie year for Tampa. Came to Ottawa, didn't impress.
Whether he was an absolute beast is what Tampa Bay fans know, we only know of the badger's play with us. A lot of his qualities are endearing and he was important in the playoffs.
I'm not saying Da Costa will be a top six forward, he's quite slow and lacks strength and speed. But you can't deny that his hands, especially on a powerplay, could be deadly.
We've tried, it resulted him going back down to Bingo. This year could be different though.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

The difference, as Paul MacLean said of Pageau, is that "he plays the game right." Da Costa has a great shot and is an offensive threat, but he is also prone to boneheaded plays. Conacher is quick but he does not consistently use his assets to the fullest. The reason many people are so high on Pageau is that there is nothing to suggest he will drop off from his current level of play, simply because he is smart and is always in position. I think a coach can live with under 40 points on a bottom 6 forward who is always in the right spot and who drives the play. My feeling is that he has the potential to be in the 50-60 point range if he can mange to make it up to the second line in future seasons.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Am i going to have to watch this game in french being that every steam i can find is in french? :rant:

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
The difference, as Paul MacLean said of Pageau, is that "he plays the game right." Da Costa has a great shot and is an offensive threat, but he is also prone to boneheaded plays. Conacher is quick but he does not consistently use his assets to the fullest. The reason many people are so high on Pageau is that there is nothing to suggest he will drop off from his current level of play, simply because he is smart and is always in position. I think a coach can live with under 40 points on a bottom 6 forward who is always in the right spot and who drives the play. My feeling is that he has the potential to be in the 50-60 point range if he can mange to make it up to the second line in future seasons.

I just get frustrated because I see Da Costa as the kind of player that the Sens will let slip away, and then sure enough he'll blossom into a 50+ point player. He could be a real asset on the powerplay. He's ultra-skilled with the puck. He doesn't have the speed to be a first-liner, but I seriously do think he could be a 2nd- or 3rd-liner on an NHL team.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Am i going to have to watch this game in french being that every steam i can find is in french? :rant:
Since it's on GCL, and usually every feed as been in English, I presume there should be an English stream as well somwhere (if main is streaming, it should be English).

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I just get frustrated because I see Da Costa as the kind of player that the Sens will let slip away, and then sure enough he'll blossom into a 50+ point player. He could be a real asset on the powerplay. He's ultra-skilled with the puck. He doesn't have the speed to be a first-liner, but I seriously do think he could be a 2nd- or 3rd-liner on an NHL team.
Well it's good then that MacLean and Murray will be making that decision.

Berserker*

I see player 61 will be playing. Head up Habs forwards!

Nuah619.gif

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
An RDS pundit really pumped EK. Showed he was best D in the NHL 2 seasons ago and last season before his injury was thought of as the best player in the NHL.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

He could definitely be an NHL player on another team. He is caught in the numbers game here, and I don't see a way out aside from trading him. Work case scenario is that we lose him on the waiver wire, which would be brutal.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

They are rookies of course they are inconsistent. Pageau so far hasn't really had any inconsistent periods. He will of course but comparing DaCosta to Pageau you must be kidding.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Really excited to see Da Costa on the first line tonight. Pretty much his best chance to shine, and I think he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad