Montreal Impact Thread XLVII - The "La Vita è Biello" Interim Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I just want the club and 1642 to come forward and tell the truth. I don't mind their existence at all.

This. I might even like that bell.. but com'on, I wish they would tell us this isn't a supporter thing. I wouldn't care if the team actually puts forward a fanbase group that would be called 1642 Montreal. Enough ********?

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I just want the club and 1642 to come forward and tell the truth. I don't mind their existence at all.

Ultras and IMFC are in a perpetual love hate relationship. It's not one sided like you say.

This. I might even like that bell.. but com'on, I wish they would tell us this isn't a supporter thing. I wouldn't care if the team actually puts forward a fanbase group that would be called 1642 Montreal. Enough ********?

Honestly... who gives a ****. Let them claim whatever they want. It isn't hurting anyone one way or another. If you guys listened to that TSN 690 interview, it sounds like they started as just fans, but then got hooked up with the Impact and are now the "fan" support group they claim to be. I don't care who's financing their stuff... it's a positive thing as long as they are improving the stadium's environment

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Honestly... who gives a ****. Let them claim whatever they want. It isn't hurting anyone one way or another. If you guys listened to that TSN 690 interview, it sounds like they started as just fans, but then got hooked up with the Impact and are now the "fan" support group they claim to be. I don't care who's financing their stuff... it's a positive thing as long as they are improving the stadium's environment

I believe it when they say they paid for the bell and to bring the banner, what is tougher to believe is that the team allows all those things to happen in that area of the stadium while it has always been hard for the other groups to get permissions.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I believe it when they say they paid for the bell and to bring the banner, what is tougher to believe is that the team allows all those things to happen in that area of the stadium while it has always been hard for the other groups to get permissions.

They are clearly working together. But like I said before... i dont really care as long as the stadium experience is enhanced. :yo:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

To be fair, they WANT to work with the club. The UM02s, not so much. Well, not unless it is on their OWN terms.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Bin-****ing-go! Who gives a flying **** about all that when this benefits the stadium and the ambience?

Does it really enhance the ambience?

They don't sing, and all they do is provide visual support for the team to use in their promos, instead of using material from the UM02 as they have done in the past

It's all about manipulation and controlling every facet of the sporting event, phasing out the various supporter groups and instauring the typical NA crowd just like in other sports.

mattef

consider the following...
May 12, 2014
Montreal, QC
Does it really enhance the ambience?

They enhance the overall experience of going to Saputo Stadium.

They are what? A month old? Let's give them some time. Maybe they'll start coming up with songs and learn to waive their flags properly.

And even then, from the looks of it, some people will get mad at them for singing over the ultras or whatever...

Last edited:

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
I still remember a game in NASL when the STUPID Ultras we're throwing toilet paper at the goalie before a penalty and Delayed Mauro penalty for like 5-6 min...

Bunch of clueless morons in my opinions. Even Mauro was getting pisssed.

Also can they stop with the pyro, fumigene or whatever ********...you don't need this for atmosphere...

Singing-Flag-Bringing other people to sing simple song = great atmosphere.

Atmosphere as very good when they did a stupid Strike and missed 3 goals DROGBA party.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
That's good. USL season is done so he'll get to play and see playing time in the playoffs.

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
They enhance the overall experience of going to Saputo Stadium.

They are what? A month old? Let's give them some time. Maybe they'll start coming up with songs and learn to waive their flags properly.

And even then, from the looks of it, some people will get mad at them for singing over the ultras or whatever...

It'd be real cool if they led a response to the Ultras on the AUX ARMES chant.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
I still remember a game in NASL when the STUPID Ultras we're throwing toilet paper at the goalie before a penalty and Delayed Mauro penalty for like 5-6 min...

Bunch of clueless morons in my opinions. Even Mauro was getting pisssed.

Also can they stop with the pyro, fumigene or whatever ********...you don't need this for atmosphere...

Singing-Flag-Bringing other people to sing simple song = great atmosphere.

Atmosphere as very good when they did a stupid Strike and missed 3 goals DROGBA party.

Did an ultra stole your lunch or something?

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
JGL loaned to Ottawa Fury FC. Interesting, Marc Dos Santos, former Impact coach, is current coach of Ottawa Fury.

Cool news. He'll be in good hands and he'll play. Very proactive by the team. Hopefully it's the team that was looking for playing time for JGL and not simply Ottawa who called. The Impact has to lookout for opportunities to improve for the youngsters.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2010
Cool news. He'll be in good hands and he'll play. Very proactive by the team. Hopefully it's the team that was looking for playing for JGL and not simply Ottawa who called. The Impact has to lookout for opportunities to improve for the youngster.
Well the farm USL team plays often and the quality is decent so they're getting playing time. It's just that they didn't make the playoffs. JGL is close to MLS ready so extra experience before next season must be what the Impact wanted.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Getting sick of seeing Saputo's mug following me everywhere (official site, Twitter, Facebook). Like I owe the guy something. Is this really the new way to attract fans ? Very weird & borderline creepy.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I just find it surprising how much support the Ultras are getting now that there is a supporter group that is working with the Impact.

This thread was constantly ******** on the Ultras before :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad