OT: Montreal Impact thread: Is it 2018 yet? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
If it's Dos Santos I give up on life.
Saputo said he has not interviewed a coach who coached in the US this season. He also mentionned that he wants a coach that has directed a team in a top European league and where he has had success i.e., trophies. I am more dubious that it'll be Dos Santos. That being said, I don't understand why you would be mad about that. He has way more experience in coaching than Biello.

Last edited:

void

Jan 5, 2006
Where's the press conference streaming? Is there even a press conference happening? I feel so out the loop. :laugh:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Well I guess Laurent blanc is the next coach? Ronald Koeman?

JP, don't act like Don Cherry and pump your own chest. You have said Toronto would win the league for 4 years straight. I mean, at some point, with all the money they spend, it was bound to happen.
Yup but more importantly I said from day 1 we wouldn't make the playoffs with this (now former) coaching staff and team and I was called pessimist.... Need I say more?

Last edited:

void

Jan 5, 2006
Saputo said he has not interviewed a coach who coached in the US this season. He also mentionned that nhe wants a coach that has directed a team in a top European league and where he has had success i.e., trophies. I am more dubious that it'll be Dos Santos. That being said, I don't understand why you would be mad about that. He has way more experience in coaching than Biello.

Good to hear.

The reason I'd be mad is because he's someone who used have ties to the team and certain staff members. I want some completely fresh set of eyes. Enough with the friends and family members. It's time to start thinking outside the box for once.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Olivier Brett is PISSED at the team for announcing that not even 24h after the Bernier thing

EDIT : Brett is PISSED period :laugh:

Reactions: TRG

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Man if you understand french, go listen to Brett's segment on JC Lajoie's show from today (it's on right now but almost over), he is fuming.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I'm watching the press conference now and Joey said that it's essential for the new coach to speak french. He said that so far he's interviewed 1 swiss, 1 french, 1 german, 1 spanish, 2 italians, and 3 argentinians. He said that they're all next level coaches who have won stuff.

I'm sure the detectives here on HF and on twitter will figure out who these candidates are soon enough.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I really hope it's the case. They need to up the standards at every level. An accomplished coach with a good rep is not going to accept half measures.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I'm watching the press conference now and Joey said that it's essential for the new coach to speak french. He said that so far he's interviewed 1 swiss, 1 french, 1 german, 1 spanish, 2 italians, and 3 argentinians. He said that they're all next level coaches who have won stuff.

I'm sure the detectives here on HF and on twitter will figure out who these candidates are soon enough.
Well Nesta did win Spring 2017 NASL Championship with Miami :sarcasm:
Prandelli? Luis Enrique? Claude Puel? Schallibaum? the old former real Madrid that is German and cant remember his name? I mean idk if they speak French but it shouldn't be that difficult for Prandelli or Enrique to learn french quickly considering they speak spanish/italian already.
What about Roberto Donadoni (current Bologna HC)? Didnt he play for the Red Bulls?

Oh I think Ancelotti fits all his criterias too. Won alot of trophies, speaks French. My money is on him now.
EDIT : just checked and Prandelli is coaching in Qatar

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad