Proposal: Montreal - Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
:habs

Jonathan Huberdeau

:panthers

Mikhail Sergachev
2017 1st Round Pick (Lottery protected, becomes 2018 1st Round Pick if top5)
Sven Andrighetto

Montreal really need a left winger on their top6 and Huberdeau would be a perfect fit. That price is kind of steep but I think it would get us closer to the contender tag.

Thoughts?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Huberdeau is pretty much the vanguard of their core along with Barkov, and Montreal _really_ needs their top flight D prospects. Florida will have to console themselves with their obscenely good defensive core.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
To the Panthers:

Pacioretty

To Montreal:

2017 first
Logan Shaw
Juho Lammikko

^ looool so far away from ops-proposal. :laugh: c'mon dude.

it's not terrible imo. panthers pass since they're in win-now-mode and would be foolish to send one of their best young players to a rival within the division for pick/prospects.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
^ looool so far away from ops-proposal. :laugh: c'mon dude.

it's not terrible imo. panthers pass since they're in win-now-mode and would be foolish to send one of their best young players to a rival within the division for pick/prospects.

You're right. I forgot to lottery protect the Panthers 1st.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Wether the value is there is irrelevant, as this offer doesn't take Florida's needs into considération.

For your fantasy league, it works... but not fot the NHL

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
value is there but Flordia isn't looking for futures.

Habs will have a completion with Andrighetto and Lehkonen at camp. If one of them win the spot great, otherwise Shaw will be #2 LW and Habs will upgrade at the deadline.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Not to mention that Pacioretty is better at everything except the talent of being young.

The value favours the Panthers slightly, but not enough for them to drastically alter their team.

yepp i agree.
the pick would probably be pretty low also

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The thing is Florida doesn't have needs in terms of players or prospects. They just need to mature a bit and they will be there.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Our LW depth would take a serious blow with losing Huberdeau and Crouse in one week. A major reason we unloaded Bolland would probably be to re-sign Huberdeau this upcoming off-season.

Jokinen becomes our 1st line winger, McCann becomes our 2nd line winger. I don't like it at all.

The value is close but if I were trading Hubderdeau, futures would not be the return I take. No thank you to the offer.

Why not go after JVR? He'd be a little cheaper since he's a UFA at the end of his deal.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
This is a realy good proposal, but as an habs fan, I just dont want to ruin our prospect bank like we did in the Gainey era. Remember you MB has already traded almost all our 2nd round pick. We need young quality players in the process

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
To the Panthers:

Pacioretty

To Montreal:

2017 first
Logan Shaw
Juho Lammikko

LOL yeah Juho Lammikko and Mikhail Sergachev are two comparable prospects! :help:

And Andrighetto had 17 points in 44 games (0.39 PPG) playing 13 minutes a game and almost half the games on the 4th line... he is a better player than Logan Shaw, no doubt.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
This is a realy good proposal, but as an habs fan, I just dont want to ruin our prospect bank like we did in the Gainey era. Remember you MB has already traded almost all our 2nd round pick. We need young quality players in the process

I agree, but at the same time I think our window will be closing in 2-3-4 seasons so I'd prefer to all-in right now.

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
lol they really don't know hockey in Florida, huh :laugh:

Not even close to the OP's proposal, buddy

LOL yeah Juho Lammikko and Mikhail Sergachev are two comparable prospects! :help:

And Andrighetto had 17 points in 44 games (0.39 PPG) playing 13 minutes a game and almost half the games on the 4th line... he is a better player than Logan Shaw, no doubt.

I take it you guys have never seen the response to a bad offer in the OP with a much worse counter offer comment.

As for the trade offer, it's bad.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
I take it you guys have never seen the response to a bad offer in the OP with a much worse counter offer comment.

As for the trade offer, it's bad.

I understand the Panthers have no intention to trade Huberdeau, but that doesn't make the offer a bad one. I mean, Sergachev is a beast and just got draft 9th overall, plus a 2017 1st Round Pick, plus Andrighetto who will be playing on our top6 this season and will probably be able to put 40-45 points on the board.

Maybe it's not what you would be looking to get back for Huberdeau, but value-wise, I don't think it's bad.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I agree, but at the same time I think our window will be closing in 2-3-4 seasons so I'd prefer to all-in right now.

Sorry buddy, but I dont think you got it right! On your own window, Cheap labors become crucial and Sergachev + Ghetto + next 1st draft pick at ELC would be a better 6M$ investment than a Huberdeau at 6M$ alone

Maybe you waste 2 years of the window, but you'll need players like this in the process. Im also a Hawks a fan and we couldnt win it all with just Hossa, Kane, Toews, Keith and Crawford on the team.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad