Proposal: Montreal/Detroit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
To Montreal: Tomas Tatar, Jimmy Howard and late round pick 2017

vs

To Detroit: Alexei Emelin, Sven Andrighetto, Mike Condon, 2nd pick 2018 and 3rd pick 2019

Habs POV: They need a guy for the 2nd line and Tatar have a good chemistry with Plekanec in the past and He can play C/W. Howard is the cap dump from Detroit.. and will be a buy out candidate next year.

Detroit POV: They need to getting young in offense so Ghetto could take Tatar's spot along Zetty. Emelin is a 4/5 d-man..and Wings defensive is meh.. Mike Condon could be the perfect guy behind Mrazek cheaper than Howard.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Well if Howard doesn't get taken in the expansion draft by Vegas. He will get bought out next summer and and most likely Jared Coreau takes his spot so no need for Condon. And really no need for Emelin as well Detroit easily declines.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I'm trying to understand why Detroit is getting a 2nd RD pick and a 3rd RD pick in the OP if Howard is going to Montreal as a Cap dump.

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Hmmmm honestly Condon and Emelin are really of no interest to me. That being said I like a base of Tatar+Howard for a 2nd and a 3rd so yeah I'd be cool with the deal.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
I'm trying to understand why Detroit is getting a 2nd RD pick and a 3rd RD pick in the OP if Howard is going to Montreal as a Cap dump.

Because Tatar is a RFA controlled top 6 left wing making under 3 million a season?

In this proposal, I'd rather just keep both Tatar and Howard.

Wings basically deal Tatar to get rid of Howard. No thanks.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Habs just traded for Weber so we could contend hard for the next 2-3 years.. so why would we take on a cap dump like Howard (5M+) for the next 3 years?

Makes 0 sense, you should think about your proposals before posting them in the future.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Montreal has 0 cap flexibility whatsoever and have Price - Montoya - Lindgren - Fucale so no need to have Howard in our ranks for 3 years.

As for Detroit, Emelin doesnt help their D that much, picks woundnt help the team for the next 5 years and Andrighetto is not an upgrade on Tatar.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Because Tatar is a RFA controlled top 6 left wing making under 3 million a season?

In this proposal, I'd rather just keep both Tatar and Howard.

Wings basically deal Tatar to get rid of Howard. No thanks.

Exactly. Losing Tatar to unload Howard is poor asset management.

Easily pass on OP from Detroit's POV

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Swapping Howard for Emelin means we're not winning much in terms of salary, we have no roster spot for Emelin and we're giving away the best player. Why should Detroit do this?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Howard is literally the last player the Habs should trade for. A goalie making 5+ million a season until 2019?? How are we going to re-sign Price in 2 years? Montreal already has Price and Montoya in the NHL, and Condon, Fucale, and Lindgren (most potential IMO) in the AHL.

Upgrading Andrighetto to Tatar is nice, as is dumping Emelin, but that contract would crush the Habs.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Habs are in the same division as the Wings, how have you not heard of Emelin or even Condon?
As often as rosters change, can't say I can take the time to learn where the lesser known, 15 point per year defensemen are at these days.

Good job fellow wings fan lol
Right...I'll make sure to do my own scouting report before each and every game for the middle of the road players they go up against, and since I'm only able to watch the Wings when on Nationally or on the NHL Network, that'll be a piece of cake. :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad