• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lindgren would be Price's backup if he would have had a better AHL season last year. Injuries ?

Last year's Laval team was horrible! You can look at his AHL stats all day long and they are not great. But why ignore what he has actually done in actual NHL games? I know he has issues as a young goalie who had some promise at some point in time and he seems to be the forgotten one now. My point is his 18 NHL game sample size has better production than both Niemi and Kinkaid as a back-up.

Something about Lindgren stepping up when he gets to play NHL games. He has 2 shutouts too. What's up with this? He lucky?

Jul 6, 2016
Last year's Laval team was horrible! You can look at his AHL stats all day long and they are not great. But why ignore what he has actually done in actual NHL games? I know he has issues as a young goalie who had some promise at some point in time and he seems to be the forgotten one now. My point is his 18 NHL game sample size has better production than both Niemi and Kinkaid as a back-up.

Something about Lindgren stepping up when he gets to play NHL games. He has 2 shutouts too. What's up with this? He lucky?

Habs management have the same (or better) stats than you about Lindgren. They have other reasons.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs management have the same (or better) stats than you about Lindgren. They have other reasons.

All I am saying is Lindgren has done well in his 18 NHL starts and the production we have got from him in those starts are better than what we got from Niemi and with Kindkaid so far. It's a fact

Habs wanted a more proven option as the back-up but so far after two seasons, we have failed to find one. I like Kinkaid but his stats are not good right now man. You can defend him all you want. I'd certainly give Lindgren a start on one of those back to back games if Kinkaid does not start to improve his GAA and Sv%.

Jul 6, 2016
All I am saying is Lindgren has done well in his 18 NHL starts and the production we have got from him in those starts are better than what we got from Niemi and with Kindkaid so far. It's a fact

Habs wanted a more proven option as the back-up but so far after two seasons, we have failed to find one. I like Kinkaid but his stats are not good right now man. You can defend him all you want. I'd certainly give Lindgren a start on one of those back to back games if Kinkaid does not start to improve his GAA and Sv%.

Kinkaid will be UFA next July. Let Lindgren shine a bit more at AHL level. And he should be backing Price next season, or later this year. McNiven deserves to play at AHL level too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Kinkaid will be UFA next July. Let Lindgren shine a bit more at AHL level. And he should be backing Price next season, or later this year. McNiven deserves to play at AHL level too.

That was our plan with Lindgren last year and it didn't work cause they signed Kinkaid. Lindgren doesn't help his case in non NHL games

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
My lines would be pretty simple against Columbus: go with what you know:

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Domi Suzuki Hudon
Lehkonen KK Armia
Cousins Thompson Weal

All these lines except the Suzuki line have proven to be effective/tough to play against. Hudon's offense will fit well with Domi and Suzuki. And Suzuki is defensively responsible enough.

Pretty much what I was thinking too. Keep Danault line together. The 4th line the same. Put the Finns back together.

That leaves the misfits as a line.

Either Domi - Suzuki - Hudon

Or Hudon - Domi - Suzuki

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Pretty much what I was thinking too. Keep Danault line together. The 4th line the same. Put the Finns back together.

That leaves the misfits as a line.

Either Domi - Suzuki - Hudon

Or Hudon - Domi - Suzuki

Or... no Hudon. period.
Like anyone else but Hudon.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Is Webzy taking a day off? Therapy?

The bottom 2 lines look terrible.
Formation du Canadien à l'entraînement
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Domi-Suzuki-Armia
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Weal
Hudon-Cousins-Thompson
Chiarot-Folin
Mete-Petry
Kulak-Reilly
Fleury

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Is Webzy taking a day off? Therapy?

The bottom 2 lines look terrible.
Formation du Canadien à l'entraînement
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Domi-Suzuki-Armia
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Weal
Hudon-Cousins-Thompson
Chiarot-Folin
Mete-Petry
Kulak-Reilly
Fleury

Why is Fleury listed as the extra man?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Let's play collectively. It's how we work. We can't rely on individuality. It's not us unfortunately...

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Monday's practice at the Bell Sports Complex.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Domi - Suzuki - Armia
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Weal
Hudon - Thompson - Cousins

Chiarot - Folin
Mete - Petry
Kulak - Reilly/Fleury

Price
Kinkaid

I'm good with these lines. Wish KK had better wingers, but Suzuki earned his spot. Great to see CJ try two young guys at center.

Reactions: Goal Caufield

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
No posts from @jaffy27 in this thread.

Was hoping to get him to expound a little more on this claim he had made a while ago:
Yup......when he was with InSync.....or whatever the name of the group lol

this would’ve been 98 because it was just before my daughter was born, he was hitting on my wife to be, asked her out, she declined and he said why....because my BF is right there lol......of course we had a good laugh about it, he was a pretty nice guy, apologized but I was like no worries man lol

Jul 6, 2016
Domi is not very happy to have been put back on a wing..... What effect is it gonna have on his play and on the team ? I hope Weber, Thompson and Gally put some common sense in his brain.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Not saying he is a long term solution but why not trust his 18 game sample size?

Rebound control, or lack thereof would be my guess.

I think the books out on Charlie, put it in the pads and crash, you’ll get those secondary scoring chances in spades.

For all his warts this year, Kincaid has actually done a better job than his numbers say.

People forget how pourous our D can be (and how great Price is), gives a lot of unrealistic expectations. A lot of really good goalies would look very ordinary behind our D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad