Proposal: Montreal - Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I understand pdo. If you have crappy forwards, crappy defense, and crappy goaltending you're not going to have high pdo.

It's not just an indication of good or bad fortune.

Did you think pdo was something only a highly complex brain like yours could understand? :laugh:

You would need extreme cases for that to make a significant impact. It doesn't play out that way in reality at all. Its simply a measure of luck through variance at small sample sizes.

Its definitely not hard to understand, its incredibly easy. However if you are trying to use PDO to determine the quality of the team, its something you clearly don't fully grasp as the 2 don't have a strong correlation.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
We need someone who is better than Reilly and Kulak in the bottom 2 LD spots. Nemeth don't fit. We are looking at players under RFA control and with top 4LD potential.

I'd argue that Nemeth is probably better than Reilly and Kulak, so he makes a certain amount of sense as a cheap rental. He's also only 27, so it's possible that you could keep him around for a couple years to be better than Reilly and Kulak while you continue your search for a longer term solution.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd argue that Nemeth is probably better than Reilly and Kulak, so he makes a certain amount of sense as a cheap rental. He's also only 27, so it's possible that you could keep him around for a couple years to be better than Reilly and Kulak while you continue your search for a longer term solution.

Reilly is doing very well with Petry and Kulak is very solid on the bottom pairing. We are not going to make a lateral move cluttering up our 23 man roster and end up losing a player for nothing. We are after more proven quality over Reilly in the top 4D to play with Petry. If we don't get it, we stay put and wait for Romanov.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You would need extreme cases for that to make a significant impact. It doesn't play out that way in reality at all. Its simply a measure of luck through variance at small sample sizes.

Its definitely not hard to understand, its incredibly easy. However if you are trying to use PDO to determine the quality of the team, its something you clearly don't fully grasp as the 2 don't have a strong correlation.
Oh? Last season out of the bottom 16pdo teams, 3 made the playoffs.

That means 13 of the top 15 made the playoffs.

Year before it was 14/15 top teams, made the playoffs.

The stats are on hockey reference, if you're interested in educating yourself.
:teach:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Oh? Last season out of the bottom 16pdo teams, 3 made the playoffs.

That means 13 of the top 15 made the playoffs.

Year before it was 14/15 top teams, made the playoffs.

The stats are on hockey reference, if you're interested in educating yourself.
:teach:

Man you are just really laying on how you fundamentally don't understand the stat on anything more than a surface level aren't you.

You've made it abundantly clear to everyone who understands the stat at an adequate level that you do not. Nothing else to really talk about here.

Enjoy your day.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Reilly is doing very well with Petry and Kulak is very solid on the bottom pairing. We are not going to make a lateral move cluttering up our 23 man roster and end up losing a player for nothing. We are after more proven quality over Reilly in the top 4D to play with Petry. If we don't get it, we stay put and wait for Romanov.

That's fair. I think Nemeth would be a good addition to a likely playoff team, but agree that Montreal probably isn't the best fit.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Man you are just really laying on how you fundamentally don't understand the stat on anything more than a surface level aren't you.

You've made it abundantly clear to everyone who understands the stat at an adequate level that you do not. Nothing else to really talk about here.

Enjoy your day.
Lmao

"Bad teams have good pdo all the time"

Presented with stats showing 80% of playoff teams (good teams) are in the top half of PDO rankings, and the bottom half of PDO rankings consist of 80% non playoff teams (bad teams).

Consistently. Year over year.

"Bruh, you've just proved you have no clue, PDO is all luck! Have a good day sir."

I hope one day someone can explain it to me as clearly as you understand it :sarcasm:

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
I don’t get how Zadorov’s ice time keeps trending down, even with Cole’s injury. If rumours are true about him being available, why on earth would he be playing the equivalent of a 3rd/4th liner ice time. Nothing like driving down perceived value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad