GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators-2/18/15 7:00pm EST SN (HD),RDS (HD),TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm going to this tonight; my first game in at least 8 years. I'm the counter-jinx.

Make me proud, Habs.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Sens fans were always #1 to bash Price going back to 2-3 years ago. Now he's the only reason the Habs are not a lottery team ? They've also had great goaltending carry them but still can't make the playoffs.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I think ottawa usually gets up for games against the habs.

Its good to know that Montreal has a dominant record in statement games, but if they keep dropping points against the weaker sisters, they won't win the division. Hopefully, that's incentive enough for the habs to bring their A game.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Should be an easy win but with this Jekyll and Hyde team you never know, so I'll forgo the prediction and hope for the best.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Tokarski has something to prove after his last two mediocre outings. This should be his statement game.

Also, very cool to see a bunch of rookies on our roster! Excited to see if Pateryn has taken the next step, hopeful that Thomas develops his offensive skills and that de la Rose keeps getting better, plus a relieved welcome-back to Sekac - who will score tonight. And absolutely loving how my boy-Lieu is looking.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
sens are always tough know matter what the standings are.i expect a close game.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
b-b-b-b-but what about k-k-k-k-k-karl k-k-k-k-k-k-k-karlsson.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
b-b-b-b-but what about k-k-k-k-k-karl k-k-k-k-k-k-k-karlsson.

Shhh

Mv5M70b.gif

HabsDieHard*

I'll say this much, this team isn't afraid to let young guys get their feet wet at the NHL level.

If the Habs continue their strong play, wouldn't surprise me to see Hudon get a game in or two at some point in the next couple months.

I realize they want to be patient with guys, but at the same time I think it's something where these AHL'ers deserve a reward for their strong play.

So maybe if Hudons' season keeps going well he can get a call up and play in the 2nd half of a b2b in the mid 70's game range and maybe get in another game or two depending.

Glad to see Pateryn back...I really hope Therrien doesn't just play him for 7-9 minutes or anything like that.

I'd rather see him look underwhelming in 16 minutes than give it an N/A rating because he played a half dozen shifts after the first 10 minutes of the game.

Biggest benefit of a lead over the teams behind you is the ability to try out new and different things.

Give Beaulieu-Subban 24 minutes one night.

Let Pateryn see if he could look decent with Markov.

Games 55-79 aren't going to decide much from here on out to be honest. Barring a huge meltdown the division rankings at the top will almost certainly come down to the last 2-3 games, for all 3 of Detroit, Montreal and Tampa.

So I really, really hpoe in the meantime they from time to time go with a bit of a new approach here or there.

Give Prust a therapy weekend off of both games in a b2b.

Let Markov stay at home on the 2nd night of a home and away b2b.

Call up Tinordi and play him 20 minutes.

Give Andrighetto a shot on a line with a couple of top 6 talents.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I disagree about talking it easy. We need as many points as possible. 1st seed means we'll play either Boston or Flordia in the first round which are much more favourable match ups for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad