HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Partly because he is a hockey anomaly where he passes the eye test, but not the results test. He's a very good player but no one is quite sure what tier he really lives on.

(Oh, and he carries a big cap hit and said he lost his love of the game playing in Buffalo).

We've got just the place for the spiritually wounded.

I'm not a big, burly guy. No more gut punches, please.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Zadina or Kotkaniemi. That's it. They can't be wrong. For them, it's the worst drafting position ever though.

But Kotkaniemi is nothing like Galchy. But Zadina is a clear pure talent.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Brady T been working out with Garry Roberts

Dubas said they have the goods to move up to get a guy they want. They just might want BT.

Also, found the point-blank Sandin questions to Dubas to be very odd.

I like Sandin, and if Philly takes Wilde instead (as the mock projects) they're dumb.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I hope Runner took notes on what he said about Kotkaniemi and adds it to this thread. Tony tried but Timmins wasn't giving anything up.

I had to move away from the laptop but kept the radio on. Can't remember the details, sorry.

Let's grab the podcast as soon as it's up.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It wasn’t random. He just reported it after it happened. Was he supposed to not report it because of the Kotkaniemi chatter??

Lavoie reported it yesterday. The Habs had dinner with him in Buffalo. I doubt they met halfway in Buffalo a few days ago, so it was probably at the combine 2.5 weeks ago. The report makes no sense.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Good God... No!!!

Just what a lot of us fear.

When I've been talking about damage-control, it's exactly this kind of thing that I'm wary about.

If ownership is giving Bergevin full reign on major moves, it could be anything. Including a trade of the 3OA for ROR.

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Lavoie reported it yesterday. The Habs had dinner with him in Buffalo. I doubt they met halfway in Buffalo a few days ago, so it was probably at the combine 2.5 weeks ago. The report makes no sense.
Maybe they just found out about it. I doubt they held on to this tidbit for two and a half weeks in case Kotkaniemi started trending. That makes no sense.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Maybe they just found out about it. I doubt they held on to this tidbit for two and a half weeks in case Kotkaniemi started trending. That makes no sense.

Lavoie is a shill and Habs have been talking about trading down but it cooled since people know they like Kotkaniemi. So Lavoie put out the tkachuk report to give them some credence to maybe investigate moving back again

Reactions: le_sean

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Exactly, found out as in leaked by the Canadiens to Lavoie. See if teams buy it and see if they can trade down to get Kotkaniemi. If not, just take him at 3.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
lol...

there better be something else coming to Habs if the do a Ohreally for 3rd

You mean like there was in the Weber and Galchenyuk deals? Of course there will be. It's an intangible called "anguish".

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lavoie is a shill and Habs have been talking about trading down but it cooled since people know they like Kotkaniemi. So Lavoie put out the tkachuk report to give them some credence to maybe investigate moving back again

They could have also been using Lavoie as a smokescreen.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Brady was just on 690..said he went with a couple guys from Habs to a steakhouse.....didnt say who..but later in the interview he said he dont know any roster player on Habs but knows Scott Mellanby......

Pierre McGuire thinks Habs should pick Brady

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Actually, the ACL surgery of Kotkaniemi is scaring me... Galchenyuk had the same thing and then he never developped the next gear to be more succesful in the NHL.

Kotkaniemi is a worst skaters than Chucky right now... in this new nhl that's a big red flag for me.. Espicially for Center. Look at big mac speed always behind has centerman.

The difference is Kotkaniemi played his draft year and he won’t play in the NHL at 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad