Proposal: Montreal - Calgary

Ledge And Dairy

Most project him to be better than his father. Outscored his father this year in junior. Despite being one of youngest players in draft. I'm in minority, Vast majority of Hab fans don't want to trade down.
Lmao what? If he was projected to be better than his father he would be going to San Jose, Chicago at the latest. Jarome was a first ballot Hall of Famer for a reason. He's 36th all time in scoring and 17th all time in goals

What ? By all reports, Habs management was relieved when Mikko was picked, since they knew they wouldn't have to justify NOT picking Saku's brother.
Yes, it would probably be a major relief for Calgary too if he's gone before the Flames take the stage

Reactions: Anardil

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Lmao what? If he was projected to be better than his father he would be going to San Jose, Chicago at the latest. Jarome was a first ballot Hall of Famer for a reason. He's 36th all time in scoring and 17th all time in goals

Yes, it would probably be a major relief for Calgary too if he's gone before the Flames take the stage
What scouts are saying. They know more than you. Jarome went 8th. He's beating his father's numbers in junior. Say he plays more complete game also. Has his father's compete level.

Celebrini projected to go first. He's franchise center. Demidov they say is Kucherov caliber. Lindstrom is big physical 70 point guy. This suppose to be best draft for defensemen ever. They play higher priority position than winger. I think one will go before 5. Good draft to get a future Makar, Fox or Pietrangelo. Dickinson is good for playoffs.

Ledge And Dairy

What scouts are saying. They know more than you. Jarome went 8th. He's beating his father's numbers in junior. Say he plays more complete game also. Has his father's compete level.

Celebrini projected to go first. He's franchise center. Demidov they say is Kucherov caliber. Lindstrom is big physical 70 point guy. This suppose to be best draft for defensemen ever. They play higher priority position than winger. I think one will go before 5. Good draft to get a future Makar, Fox or Pietrangelo. Dickinson is good for playoffs.
Scouts don't causally project a player to be a top 100 player of all time and then also project them to be drafted between 5th and 10th. Come on man. I would absolutely love to believe he will be that good but even with him putting up better numbers in juniors Jarome was a complete menace of a player that could take of a game singlehandedly.

Reactions: Anardil

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002

I doubt a single scout is saying he'll be better than his dad. That's silly.
If you guys do take Tij at 5th, we're more than happy to take Lindstrom/Helenius/Catton.

We will not pay extra to take Tij, so give it up.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Bond

May 10, 2012
Most project him to be better than his father. Outscored his father this year in junior. Despite being one of youngest players in draft. I'm in minority, Vast majority of Hab fans don't want to trade down.
lol then he 'd go 1st overall.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If you guys do take Tij at 5th, we're more than happy to take Lindstrom/Helenius/Catton.

Some of the things some are missing are this:

* Tig is one of the youngest in this draft and trending very well. If he was born 1.5 months later, he would be in next year's draft.

* One of the youngest and also solid in height/weight. Won't take him long to get to 6'-1" and 200 lbs. Others are around 165 and probably top out at 180-190 max. Tig's got his fathers frame and plays a hard nose game. I have a hard time nit picking his flaws and once again, his age man. He's young and trending very well.

* When drafting, you are trying to pick the player who is on rocket development in that age 17-20 year range. Tig is a hot trending player and could break out like his dad in D+1 and D+2. He's got that obsession to improve and his fathers pedigree. There is a fair amount of up/down movement when you factor in development for the age 17-20 years. Some fans get emotionally tied to rankings before the draft. This guy should be here and that guy should be there kind of thing.

You take whatever you want to take after us (if we take Tig). That's what drafting is, you scout and project and take the guy you want. If you want to be a fan that look at the rankings and think they are absolute BPA's, go ahead. We all know things shuffle around a lot when fans do "redrafts" years later. The BPA's from 2-10+ is just not obvious. Lots to choose from IMO and I think when we look back later, the redraft will be quite a difference than the actual draft. More than your average year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
lol then he 'd go 1st overall.

Not sure if he will be better than his dad but he's on pace to match him. You are overlooking his age compared to others in this draft who are 6-10 months older. When talking about prospects, fans do tend to project the high/low points right? So yeah, I do think his high point could be his father's production and style of game. You can laugh all you want. If we want to take Tig 5th, we will. None of your business. Laughing at the fact before hand is basically flaming or trolling... you have no clue or facts just as much as we don't.

What I smell is the Flames want him with their pick.

Tell us what you think Tig's flaws are? I'm interested in hearing honest context.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Scouts don't causally project a player to be a top 100 player of all time and then also project them to be drafted between 5th and 10th. Come on man. I would absolutely love to believe he will be that good but even with him putting up better numbers in juniors Jarome was a complete menace of a player that could take of a game singlehandedly.

Projection is usually about max/low points. He does have a high ceiling and I think his base is stable. You're acting like we think we are getting a top 100 player no doubt. Nah, that's your comprehension done on purpose to belittle. Yes, it's possible he can become better than his dad. It's not impossible. What is the probability. I have no idea and neither do you

Let me guess, Lindstrom, Catton, and others are sure shots to be better than Tig right? Like you know. How about you post Bob's new list... like none of us have seen it yet. You know Bob said the 2-10+ range is very unpredictable this year. Most unpredictable in 30+ years.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Some of the things some are missing are this:

* Tig is one of the youngest in this draft and trending very well. If he was born 1.5 months later, he would be in next year's draft.

* One of the youngest and also solid in height/weight. Won't take him long to get to 6'-1" and 200 lbs. Others are around 165 and probably top out at 180-190 max. Tig's got his fathers frame and plays a hard nose game. I have a hard time nit picking his flaws and once again, his age man. He's young and trending very well.

* When drafting, you are trying to pick the player who is on rocket development in that age 17-20 year range. Tig is a hot trending player and could break out like his dad in D+1 and D+2. He's got that obsession to improve and his fathers pedigree. There is a fair amount of up/down movement when you factor in development for the age 17-20 years. Some fans get emotionally tied to rankings before the draft. This guy should be here and that guy should be there kind of thing.

You take whatever you want to take after us (if we take Tig). That's what drafting is, you scout and project and take the guy you want. If you want to be a fan that look at the rankings and think they are absolute BPA's, go ahead. We all know things shuffle around a lot when fans do "redrafts" years later. The BPA's from 2-10+ is just not obvious. Lots to choose from IMO and I think when we look back later, the redraft will be quite a difference than the actual draft. More than your average year.
We are not missing anything, we know who he is. But we also know who his dad was - and judging by your posts, you legitly have no idea who he was. But that's OK, you were likely tucked into bed whenever he played.

Flames fans would be happy to see him there at 9. We'd also be happy to see 3 or 4 others there at 9. Take whoever you want, but you're not dangling bait in front of us.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

Oof. This is a horrible take. I live in a WHL market. Tij isn't Jarome, if you're expecting that prepare to be disappointed. If you think Demidov is going to lead the NHL in points you'll be disappointed. Lindstrom is toolsy. He could be Byfield or he could be Brad Isbister. His play is wildly inconsistent.

You understand Jarome was the best player in the league for half a decade right? Tij could be a 1st line winger, he could also be a 2nd line winger. Jarome in his prime was unstoppable. If he'd played in any other era you would be talking a top 10 goal scorer of all time. He was scoring 50 when most teams didn't have a 30 goal scorer.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Bond

May 10, 2012
Not sure if he will be better than his dad but he's on pace to match him. You are overlooking his age compared to others in this draft who are 6-10 months older. When talking about prospects, fans do tend to project the high/low points right? So yeah, I do think his high point could be his father's production and style of game. You can laugh all you want. If we want to take Tig 5th, we will. None of your business. Laughing at the fact before hand is basically flaming or trolling... you have no clue or facts just as much as we don't.

What I smell is the Flames want him with their pick.

Tell us what you think Tig's flaws are? I'm interested in hearing honest context.
Tij is a good prospect but if scouts are actually bought into him being better than his dad at the NHL level then he would go 1st overall. Jarome is a HOFer who was one of the best players in the entire league in his prime.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I got to go with pros over amateurs posting on message board.

Tij same size as his father at 17. Put up better numbers with same compete level. Remember you seeing Jarome as finished product. Tij is still developing.

They say he's one of youngest in draft. Really started to mature second half. Best player in Top Prospect Game. Canada's best player at U18. Scored 3 points final game.

I think only way Montreal don't take him is if Lindstrom still on board. Scouts say Lindstrom is physical beast with good hands. A couple defensemen could slide in top 5. Especially since teams see the value of star defensemen in recent playoffs.

Ledge And Dairy

Projection is usually about max/low points. He does have a high ceiling and I think his base is stable. You're acting like we think we are getting a top 100 player no doubt. Nah, that's your comprehension done on purpose to belittle. Yes, it's possible he can become better than his dad. It's not impossible. What is the probability. I have no idea and neither do you

Let me guess, Lindstrom, Catton, and others are sure shots to be better than Tig right? Like you know. How about you post Bob's new list... like none of us have seen it yet. You know Bob said the 2-10+ range is very unpredictable this year. Most unpredictable in 30+ years.
Lmao what? I'm not acting like your fanbase thinks anything. I'm telling that 1 specific user he's nuts for expecting Tij to be better than Jarome. There are so many players that have out performed Jarome in the WHL since he played. And only a couple have the ability to maybe pass Jarome in an all time ranking (ie Bedard). Jarome was drafted 11th OA because he also was projected to be good but not excellent. He continued to improve after being drafted and developed into a superstar.

We aren't even talking about other players in the draft? I have no idea why you are bringing them up.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tij is a good prospect but if scouts are actually bought into him being better than his dad at the NHL level then he would go 1st overall. Jarome is a HOFer who was one of the best players in the entire league in his prime.

It's a high/low end potential value guess. I think his high end value could be something like his dad. Both Tkachuk brothers are just as good or better than their dad and he was pretty good too. It's possible Tig can reach his dad's level. Many players in this draft have high end potential value. Doesn't mean it's guaranteed they get there.

Make no mistake, he's a hot trending player and one of the youngest in this draft. His resume is adding up quickly.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We are not missing anything, we know who he is. But we also know who his dad was - and judging by your posts, you legitly have no idea who he was. But that's OK, you were likely tucked into bed whenever he played.

Flames fans would be happy to see him there at 9. We'd also be happy to see 3 or 4 others there at 9. Take whoever you want, but you're not dangling bait in front of us.

You're not comprehending the max/low end potential range very well. Why? Because you want a fight and you seen a comment about his high end potential and got a twisted up... thinking fans think he will be that for sure. :rolleyes:

Why would the Habs take on seven years of JH?

We won't. Too old at the back end of that contract and too much AAV. Rather take a shot at Dubois who is younger and AAV is less.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You're not comprehending the max/low end potential range very well. Why? Because you want a fight and you seen a comment about his high end potential and got a twisted up... thinking fans think he will be that for sure. :rolleyes:

We won't. Too old at the back end of that contract and too much AAV. Rather take a shot at Dubois who is younger and AAV is less.
PLD seems like a guy who needs added juice to be his best. Maybe playing in his home market would be that for him? Kings would for sure be looking to dump him, that’s for sure. Could be a steal. Anderson + ?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It's on 690 multi times. Hughes has meet with Ignila 4 times. Very high on him.
Iginla would be an excellent add to the Habs young group. He’s a fantastic player already and still has a lot of runway left for improvement.

Gaud

May 11, 2017

Habs have a lot of interest in Tij, judging by the articles, but yeah - i agree with this here. Mtl will drop to grab him or take someone else. Taking him at 5 is a waste

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002

No, what you're not comprehending is that almost to a man - scouts have said he is not his Dad.
Could he be a 1st line player? Sure. Could he be a PPG player? Sure.
But will he be able to control a game with his physicality like Jarome could? Extremely unlikely.

Would you get twisted up if I said his low end was Robby Schremp? When someone says something stupid, it sometimes gets people "twisted up"

Again, if you like the guy - take him at 5.
We know for a fact there will still be a good player there at 9. You're just trying to extort us.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No, what you're not comprehending is that almost to a man - scouts have said he is not his Dad.
Could he be a 1st line player? Sure. Could he be a PPG player? Sure.
But will he be able to control a game with his physicality like Jarome could? Extremely unlikely.

Would you get twisted up if I said his low end was Robby Schremp? When someone says something stupid, it sometimes gets people "twisted up"

Again, if you like the guy - take him at 5.
We know for a fact there will still be a good player there at 9. You're just trying to extort us.

I'm not trying to extort the Flames. I don't want to trade our pick and yeah, Iggy is a serious candidate for me at 5. I love his rocket development at a young age and I like his weight at that age too. 1.5 months away from being in the 2025 draft.

Reactions: Qwijibo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad