GDT: Montréal Canadiens vs. St-Louis Blues (Oct. 26 - 7:00 PM, TVAS/City)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Matheson is having one of the worse game of his career
Armia doesnt exist
Anderson has been bad except that one PK shift

Are they really playing?

Let him score 30 first
Anderson is playing very well. It's the first time Dvorak shows sign of life since the beginning of the season. Savard has been good that's the first game he is not terrible.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
There's something about our D zone coverage right?

Like this just can't be normal lol I mean it just can't be
Nah, it's the system.

I think the Habs do positional when you come back, then you pick up someone.

I think it's you go back to your position, then whomever is on the other team in your quadrant is your guy, but then they do handoffs sometimes, like when someone goes behind the net, but other times they'll chase said player.

On top of that they all collapse down to the net, like maybe 15 feet away and that causes issues as there isn't someone further out to make that breakout pass.

In the Laval game, Laval is up 3-0 for penalties.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It really is a dilemma with Arber. I love having him in the lineup for the toughness and intimidation factor.

But the thing is, he's just not a good defenseman. Plain and simple, a tire fire. And I know that's difficult for people to admit. Take away the toughness and that's not an NHL level defender. And I hate saying that.
Can we allow him to develop more, maybe another 75-100 games?

JimBoKW

Mar 15, 2021
It really is a dilemma with Arber. I love having him in the lineup for the toughness and intimidation factor.

But the thing is, and he's just not a good defenseman. Plain and simple, a tire fire. And I know that's difficult for people to admit. Take away the toughness and that's not an NHL level defender. And I hate saying that.
How about putting him on forward, " a player with edge"

Reactions: Shred

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

But the thing is, and he's just not a good defenseman. Plain and simple, a tire fire. And I know that's difficult for people to admit. Take away the toughness and that's not an NHL level defender. And I hate saying that.
I don't understand why his situation should be different than Struble, Barron and Mailloux ? Do you also say things like that for them ? He's the same age. You don't play Xhekaj because he's a top 4 defender today, you play him because he's a 6-7 right now and he might become better.

SamHabsFan

Apr 6, 2016
Quebec

are really Mailloux, Barron, lindstrom..etc a better option though? Id rather have Xhekaj in the line up

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I don't understand why his situation should be different than Struble, Barron and Mailloux ? Do you also say things like that for them ? He's the same age. You don't play Xhekaj because he's a top 4 defender today, you play him because he's a 6-7 right now and he might become better.
Struble>Barron>>>>>Xhekaj>>>>>Mailloux

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Mailloux only 9minutes TOI so far tonight.

Good. I'm all up for playing kids but Mailloux's play is poor in the NHL so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad