GDT: Montréal Canadiens @ New York Islanders (Oct 19 - 7:00 PM, TVAS/City)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
This is not a diss to Kirby but I've got to say watching him play currently makes me appreciate how elite Andrei Markov was.

He missed 2 years of hockey with multiple knee injuries and immediately came back playing at an high level. It's really incredible how good the General was.

We took for granted his talent.
Absolutely, but it's much easier for a dman to come back slow than a C

Reactions: the

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
This is not a diss to Kirby but I've got to say watching him play currently makes me appreciate how elite Andrei Markov was.

He missed 2 years of hockey with multiple knee injuries and immediately came back playing at an high level. It's really incredible how good the General was.

Even after losing his speed Markov vision and IQ was still there. Bro was a real menace on the PP

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

None more so than Bergevin

• Haha

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I'm fairly certain we got robbed of at least a Norris nomination.

Reactions: the and MasterD

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Keep in mind he was already in his 30's at that point... Kirby's 23.

But yes, totally agree that Markov's career was largely underappreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad