GDT: Montréal Canadiens @ New York Islanders (Oct 19 - 7:00 PM, TVAS/City)

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
As much as I’m ready to throw in the towel, take a look at almost half the teams in the basement with us. I doubt any of them have given up on the season even though they have higher aspirations

Vancouver, Edmonton, Colorado, Nashville

IMG_2474.jpeg

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
bro we aren't making any playoffs this year lmao
I'm well aware; I even said this before this past offseason that we will be a bottom 10 team again. That being said, management seems to want to see an improvement, and that won't happen without playing Monty a ton.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
As much as I’m ready to throw in the towel, take a look at almost half the teams in the basement with us. I doubt any of them have given up on the season even though they have higher aspirations

Vancouver, Edmonton, Colorado, Nashville

View attachment 918582

Yeah it’s like saying that signing Stamkos would have been a bad idea because Gally has more points so far

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
Monty did not deserve consecutive starts that's all there is to it. I'm guessing there is a reward system going on.

Also Primeau didn't play in like a week he needs action.

Good decision Marty.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Monty did not deserve consecutive starts that's all there is to it. I'm guessing there is a reward system going on.

Also Primeau didn't play in like a week he needs action.

Good decision Marty.
Nah they're saying it's Primeau's turn... They're most likely aiming for 67% Monty, 33% Primeau.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If you winder why we get trapped inside our zone for extended times, just watch Martys strategy when we lose possession in our zone.

We go into a tight zone defense which gives almost free rein to the opposition to exploit their skating and passing. That's also why it looks like we are on a penalty kill...with 5 man.

So man-on-man near the blue line, zone if we lose possession...and a lot of praying in between.

Now imagine if you are a forward trying to support another forward? You have to judge when to go in for support and when to man yoir position. Confusing as all hell, particularly to young guys.

Reactions: Team_Spirit

Ieatsht4brkfst

Mar 22, 2024
I would like to see small smart plays all over the ice, no give aways, and out shoot them. If they cant come out strong in this one then its def a trend

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
So who's watching the bums tonight?

The last two games, the excuse was turkey and leftover turkey.
I expect today's execuse will be "lots of distraction in NY".

Of course, they will all hide that under "we are young", despite most of the team starting at least their 3rd NHL season and looking less like professional players then the 3 rookies who are starting out...
Habs literally the third youngest team behind only Buffalo and Philadelphia. What are you on?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I like how the team is "close" but when something happens on the ice they barely react aside from Xhekaj.

Like, no worries, guys just get them with your deadly powerplay.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Habs literally the third youngest team behind only Buffalo and Philadelphia. What are you on?
That I watched the games and the players dragging their feet and not executing aren't the youngest on the line-up or the ones with the less experiences at the NHL level.

Best example: the best D pair over 200 feets has been Hutson/Guhle, it's the two youngest players among the Ds.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I like how the team is "close" but when something happens on the ice they barely react aside from Xhekaj.

Like, no worries, guys just get them with your deadly powerplay.

At this point, some of you guys are just making things up for the sake of being negative. :facepalm:

So far, the players on the team have really backed each other up.

Did you miss the 3 fights that happened after the Laine injury?

Did you miss the game where Greig did a dirty hit to Dach and then many habs players went against Greig and other sens players?

Did you miss the moment when Guhle went against Puljujarvi because of his hit on Heineman?

Even last game, when Guhle got hit, Caufield and a few others went up to the Kings player.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
At this point, some of you guys are just making things up for the sake of being negative. :facepalm:

Did you miss the game where Greig did a dirty hit to Dach and then many habs players went against Greig and other sens players?

Did you miss the moment when Guhle went against Puljujarvi because of his hit on Heineman?

Even last game, when Guhle got hit, Caufield and a few others went up to the Kings player.
great post. keep bringing those receipts. I'm sick of the negative trolls who are rushing to find reasons to say the season and team is a disaster

Reactions: GrandmaCookie

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

What 3 fights ? You mean Xhekaj throwing punches to that softy and then the Habs losing fights ?

You mean the game where where the Habs just talked to him and Dach was forced to go after Greig because he tried another cheap hit ?

You mean where Guhle went and told Puljujarvi to don't do it again ? I mean, it's great for the team Guhle didn't try anything as he'd get hurt.

They once again just skated there and weee like heyyyyy.

Guhle even just half-assed skated over after the Puljujarvi hit.

Of your examples the only one who did anything was Xhekaj.

You can't fight and that's fine, target that player, or their better players with hits, which the team doesn't.

There's bound to be something tonight so we can watch the Habs respond to nothing like normal.

Reactions: Canadienna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad