GDT: Montréal Canadiens @ New York Islanders (Oct 19 - 7:00 PM, TVAS/City)

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I'm wondering if the Habs have had a worse defensive lineup in their history if guhle can't suit up.

I meant it's already poor whether he plays, but this has to be getting in all-time category in terms of defensive abilities of the collective unit regardless of what you think of the team's systematic approach.
Man...........we have had worse Dmen over the years, this group is at least kids.
Trying to remember back, So many duds brought in by Bergevin...............spent so much time trying to forget these guys, that I can't remember which duds we had on D?
Murray
Davidson
So many more.............I am old with little memory at times!! lol

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Man...........we have had worse Dmen over the years, this group is at least kids.
Trying to remember back, So many duds brought in by Bergevin...............spent so much time trying to forget these guys, that I can't remember which duds we had on D?
Murray
Davidson
So many more.............I am old with little memory at times!! lol
The context here is I'm talking about their effectiveness as nhlers today and not what they might be down the road.

Guys like Murray and Davidson were not used as core guys. Back then, the defensive core had guys like markov, petry, and subban/weber. It was collectively a good defense.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
after 2 games of showing up looking unprepared and unmotivated, they'd better come out like it's game 7 of the stanley cup final

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Caufield goal or the Habs lose. I don't make the rules.

1000009584.jpg

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
Guhle is quickly becoming one of my favorite players on this team, but he really needs to remain healthy. This is starting to become a reoccurring theme with him.

Reactions: Habs

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Guhle is quickly becoming one of my favorite players on this team, but he really needs to remain healthy. This is starting to become a reoccurring theme with him.
He keeps getting boarded head first into the board. His problem isn't being a glass body and last year boarding was a cheap shot...I don't think there was even a penalty on the hit.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If Slaf is out I would put Dach at RW on the first line to try to get them all going.

Then Newhook can slide to C where he seems to play better anyway.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
after 2 games of showing up looking unprepared and unmotivated, they'd better come out like it's game 7 of the stanley cup final

Indeed.

Very interested to see how Suzuki & CC show up tonight, especially with Guhle & Slaf out. Exactly the kind of situation where your leadership core needs to bring it

Reactions: The Real Timo

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
He keeps getting boarded head first into the board. His problem isn't being a glass body and last year boarding was a cheap shot...I don't think there was even a penalty on the hit.

He really needed a HOF dman behind our bench to show him how to position better, he's vulnerable a lot. I'm worried all our young D are going to get destroyed because of a lack of proper coaching. Imagine a 60 yr old Larry Robinson running the D? Are there no former Montreal allstars coming up or coaching somewhere we could bring in at some point????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad