GDT: Montréal at Tampa Bay - 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It's pretty evident that this forward group isn't good enough and last year was an anomaly. Time to shake it up Bergevin, earn your paycheck.

I think we have forwards with talent, I just don't think they have the proper role.

Guys like Briere have no role. We have no net front presence type of guy. We're playing boullion instead of a real PP triggerman. These minor details can turn us into a much better team.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think we have forwards with talent, I just don't think they have the proper role.

Guys like Briere have no role. We have no net front presence type of guy. We're playing boullion instead of a real PP triggerman. These minor details can turn us into a much better team.

Gionta, Desharnais and Gallagher aren't top 6 players at this point and they're being leaned on way too much. That's 3 players out of 6 that are in a role they shouldn't be in, which is bad in my eyes.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I know I sound like a broken record but after seeing those Team Canada WJC highlights again, how is gods name does Paterson not scrape his ****ing crease after the shootout flood? What a horrible idiotic mistake. Clearly slides out of the save twice, moron.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I know I sound like a broken record but after seeing those Team Canada WJC highlights again, how is gods name does Paterson not scrape his ****ing crease after the shootout flood? What a horrible idiotic mistake. Clearly slides out of the save twice, moron.

I think it's the 3rd time I see you post this :laugh:

I love how mad you are about it. :yo:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Gionta, Desharnais and Gallagher aren't top 6 players at this point and they're being leaned on way too much. That's 3 players out of 6 that are in a role they shouldn't be in, which is bad in my eyes.

I don't mind them really and I'm not sure why Gallagher is in that mix. I think Gallagher is deserving of 2nd line ice time and can compliment any unit.

Gionta will go in due time but he's 3rd in points for forwards and can play tougher minutes so he has some use.

DD is DD. We have 17 threads about him by now. Decent player that we lean on too heavily.

I still think the minor details I mentioned would make us more effective. We just don't have a plethora of legit top 6 players and honestly they aren't cheap. We work with what we got but doesn't mean there isn't better fits for this team.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think it's the 3rd time I see you post this :laugh:

I love how mad you are about it. :yo:

haha I'm pretty angry. I played goalie for 13 years growing up through junior and I'm very critical of goalies, feel like it's something I have a lot of knowledge about.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I don't mind them really and I'm not sure why Gallagher is in that mix. I think Gallagher is deserving of 2nd line ice time and can compliment any unit.

Gionta will go in due time but he's 3rd in points for forwards and can play tougher minutes so he has some use.

DD is DD. We have 17 threads about him by now. Decent player that we lean on too heavily.

I still think the minor details I mentioned would make us more effective. We just don't have a plethora of legit top 6 players and honestly they aren't cheap. We work with what we got but doesn't mean there isn't better fits for this team.

I added Gallagher becuase I feel on a contending team he's an ideal 3rd line energy player that can slide up the line up if needed and chip in 20 goals a season.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Eller ain't russian but he sure as hell is enigmatic sometimes...

Everything was going fine with Gallagher and Galchenyuk....but we had to change that. Same **** with Bournival. But we had to kill his confidence.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Therrien coached Crosby and Malkin so he's good with youth, didn't you know?

Just like Jean Perron brought a cup to the Habs with amongst his players guys like Gainey, Robinson and Roy. Which just clearly makes him a perfect coach.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Briere always makes one or two plays a game that get you excited that he might wake up, but then is just completely invisible. No effort, no fight. Doesn't even attempt to chase a lose puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad