Montour signs! 7 yr deal with KRAKEN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Montour at least gives us the possibility of being an elite player. He showed that a year ago.

Is he going to do that for much of this contract? Probably not, and maybe not at any point. But you have to take chances to get players of that caliber. So the deal has some appeal to me.

It's the Stephenson deal that I can't fathom.
I am pretty excited about seeing Montour. Having Dunn and Montour on the team would help eat a lot of minutes with an offensive-minded D-man on the ice.

I know folks are not thrilled about Stephenson and his contract but I am excited to see what he brings to the Kraken. He is pretty good at controlled zone entries and with us moving to a transition-type offense, he could be a good fit.

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Well, if you don't concern yourself with the money, the cap, and how big of an overpay this was, he does make the team better.

I am really unsure of how this will play out though. He is a good puck mover and can play some decent D but he's wildly inconsistent in his own end and without forward support (which he had in Florida) he can be a defensive liability (as he was in Buffalo). I'm not sure the Kraken have a team that will offer him the system and support he will need so I think this could be a disaster.

Ad

Ad

Ad