Monthly News Thread (September 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
If ADR is no longer in the picture then she can probably make it back and do well. But if not, she'll never make it back.

It honestly doesn't matter if they've credited Dusty with other things. If they're using something of his that he should be given credit for, they should do it. Now she probably is jumping the gun because they probably will credit them but so far they have yet to do so.

He's still very much in the picture. She posted a picture on Instagram where she credited him for helping get her back in shape:

Trying to pose without looking like a ****** bag in front of the whole gym. But progress is being made. Of course @prideofmexico is mostly responsible for my workouts. #RoadBack

Reactions: sheriff bart

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Not other things, they have literally credited Dusty with Starrcade whenever it comes up.

What are they supposed to do? It's a ticket sale release. Not only that, but they included him by name as a Legend who performed on the old Starrcade's.

Again, should Y2J be given credit every time the MITB briefcase is on TV? Should anyone who ever came up with a PPV name get credit? "Welcome to Starrcade! As named by Dusty Rhodes!" It's so unneccessary.

They give him credit for everything, including Starrcade, when necessary.

Brandi just needs to shut up

Except for the fact that their own WWE press release didn't include credit to Dusty at all.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Except for the fact that their own WWE press release didn't include credit to Dusty at all.

How dare they not ramble about how Starrcade was made decades ago in a different promotion in an event announcement/ticket sale release. Not like they have an entire DVD about the history and creation that gives full create to Dusty.

Again, do you want them to mention Chris Jericho every time the MITB is on screen? Do you want them to mention Triple H/Eric Bischoff every time the Elimination Chamber is used? This is the third time I am asking you these questions and you seem to be avoiding them.

They even mentioned he was one of the Legends who stepped foot at Starrcade to help make it what it was.

I also guarantee you they will mention Dusty on the actual broadcast. They've NEVER not given credit to Dusty for what he's done. Whether it be Starrcade, NXT, developing talent, etc.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
How dare they not ramble about how Starrcade was made decades ago in a different promotion in an event announcement/ticket sale release. Not like they have an entire DVD about the history and creation that gives full create to Dusty.

Again, do you want them to mention Chris Jericho every time the MITB is on screen? Do you want them to mention Triple H/Eric Bischoff every time the Elimination Chamber is used? This is the third time I am asking you these questions and you seem to be avoiding them.

They even mentioned he was one of the Legends who stepped foot at Starrcade to help make it what it was.

I also guarantee you they will mention Dusty on the actual broadcast. They've NEVER not given credit to Dusty for what he's done. Whether it be Starrcade, NXT, developing talent, etc.

How dare they? Could you be more dismissive and more condescending over this when neither of us are actually involved in this? I don't know why you're so quick and vociferous in your defense of a wrestling company. What they would have had to do for this to not even be a thing was a quick little blurb in the release about Rhodes being an architect of the event and one of the legends involved in it. Not very hard. Not very long. Not rambling at all. It's actually very easy. They just didn't do it. Now I'm not going to rag on WWE or make it a thing because I honestly don't care and I think they will mention it at some point between now and then and at the event itself. But it's not hard to understand why someone within his family may be a little more sensitive about it than me.

I was avoiding the comparison you made because I felt it was pretty obvious why this thing is different than the stuff you're coming up with. I'll let you figure out what that difference is. It's not very hard.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
How dare they? Could you be more dismissive and more condescending over this when neither of us are actually involved in this? I don't know why you're so quick and vociferous in your defense of a wrestling company. What they would have had to do for this to not even be a thing was a quick little blurb in the release about Rhodes being an architect of the event and one of the legends involved in it. Not very hard. Not very long. Not rambling at all. It's actually very easy. They just didn't do it. Now I'm not going to rag on WWE or make it a thing because I honestly don't care and I think they will mention it at some point between now and then and at the event itself. But it's not hard to understand why someone within his family may be a little more sensitive about it than me.

I was avoiding the comparison you made because I felt it was pretty obvious why this thing is different than the stuff you're coming up with. I'll let you figure out what that difference is. It's not very hard.

Bruh, go look at the replies, she's getting crapped on.

It's not the WWE in the wrong. It's Brandi trying to take a shot at the WWE for no reason

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Bruh, go look at the replies, she's getting crapped on.

It's not the WWE in the wrong. It's Brandi trying to take a shot at the WWE for no reason

That doesn't exactly give you credibility in your argument. lol

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Cody also tweeted at Michael Hayes with his disgust and brought up they should have at least booked Goldie for the show.

Hayes responded that Cody was right and then asked Cody if he was free to come to the show and tag with Goldie.

I never want to say good things about Michael Hayes, but that was a good response.

Edit: also wasn't Starrcade really Crockett's idea? He wanted a closed circuit super show, and Dusty just came up with the name?

Dusty didn't book the show either.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
WhatCulture announced the departure of Blampied, Pacitti, Jack, King Ross and Sam Driver

wonder what this means for WCPW

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Considering the IWC almost never sides with the WWE, and love their "internet darlings" including Cody Rhodes, I'd say it does

There's a huge segment of the IWC that sides with WWE quite often. Don't try to use some lame unfounded generalization to try and make your argument for you. Besides, Brandi isn't now nor has she ever been an internet darling and there's always a large segment of the internet willing to tell anyone and everyone to keep their mouth shut just because they can. It doesn't lend any credibility to your argument.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
There's a huge segment of the IWC that sides with WWE quite often. Don't try to use some lame unfounded generalization to try and make your argument for you. Besides, Brandi isn't now nor has she ever been an internet darling and there's always a large segment of the internet willing to tell anyone and everyone to keep their mouth shut just because they can. It doesn't lend any credibility to your argument.

It's literally like, 5% of my arguement.

It's not meant to add credibility, it's meant to support it.

Unlike someone's arguement which is avoiding questions, saying things don't add credibility when they aren't meant too, and adding nothing yet claiming someone else is wrong

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's literally like, 5% of my arguement.

It's not meant to add credibility, it's meant to support it.

Unlike someone's arguement which is avoiding questions, saying things don't add credibility when they aren't meant too, and adding nothing yet claiming someone else is wrong

It literally does neither of those things. I've refuted your claims. That's all I needed to do because it was ridiculous on your part in the first place. lol

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
From what I read Crockett came up with the idea of doing a closed circuit super show, and Dusty came up with the name.

He also didn't book it, or even appear on the first one.
Dusty was on the first one, he just didn't have a match.

But yeah, this isn't some magical one man created show or anything. That's just a big of a lie as a lot of WWE fake history.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Pretty sure it was Crockett's idea to have a big show for wrestling at the time, not Dusty's.
Big wrestling shows are as old as the second ever wrestling show, it wasn't a new concept at all. In fact, the show that Starrcade replaced was a regular big show that was run there every year anyway. The only difference with Starrcade was them trying and go national to combat Vince who was already moving with WWF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad