Monthly News Thread (July 2018)

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Brock for some reason brings the Universal title to the octagon, Brock gets knocked out then Braun comes out and cashes in his MitB at a UFC event. That would be amazing :laugh:

A bunch of WWE fans will already be watching the Brock fight anyways

This would be absolutely hilarious. I don’t give a crap about UFC so I wouldn’t care if it hurts their product. I mean from what I hear they’ve been going down the WWE path for awhile now.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This would be absolutely hilarious. I don’t give a crap about UFC so I wouldn’t care if it hurts their product. I mean from what I hear they’ve been going down the WWE path for awhile now.

They can go down the WWE path all they want and as long as the fights remain real it'll do little damage to their credibility.

And to be honest they do WWE better than WWE does WWE.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They can go down the WWE path all they want and as long as the fights remain real it'll do little damage to their credibility.

And to be honest they do WWE better than WWE does WWE.
Yeah that confrontation last night was fun as f*** honestly. MMA purists hated it, but shit sells. Conor has made bank off being very WWE in his builds. It was very fun to see.

As for WWE... they should honestly just strip Lesnar of the title at this point or go the UFC route with an interim Universal Champion.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
If Brock is getting a high profile match in UFC, I can see Vince having him retain until after the match. I mean, he’s gone this long without the title actually doing anything. :dunno:

Reactions: GarbageGoal

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nicholas was backstage at the MSG event. He nearly got in a brawl with Bray Wyatt, but luckily Braun was there to stop it.

With School out for Summer Vacation, I wonder if the Deletors Of The World and the B Team will get those hands

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I think the Brock problems are a bit of a work. Seems they're still trying to play that, "He hates the business card" to get fans behind Roman... Which just ain't gonna work.

Brock's gonna go wherever he gets paid. If they kept the strap on him without a contractual agreement they have nobody to blame but themselves.

But if he is legit playing hardball, it is ridiculously funny that to spite Punk for leaving, they let Brock keep the title without a signed deal so he could beat Punk's modern record. Especially when you consider that 15 years ago they had Orton win the title just to spite Brock for leaving.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
From WWE.com: Fandango is out for at least six months. Torn left labrum, surgery happening next week.

From note WWE.com: Roode might have hurt he knee on the MSG show the weekend.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
From WWE.com: Fandango is out for at least six months. Torn left labrum, surgery happening next week.

From note WWE.com: Roode might have hurt he knee on the MSG show the weekend.
Roode is stuck in nothing land right now, sucks to hear he might be injured but being off t.v might help him for a bit., Maybe they'll have something for him when he comes back.

Heel NXT Roode was fantastic and felt like a decent main event player

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
MVP did an interview. Some tidbits

- Said he’s not going to return to the WWE, said he only has a couple years left in him, and is busy as he wants to be

- Said he’s not a fan of intergender wrestling because he thinks it’s gimmicky and comic booky

- Said he kicked out of Undertaker’s chokeslam because Taker told him to, as Khali was supposed to make the save, but didn’t. MVP said Khali was always disinterested.

- He never really liked his WWE theme. On his first day, Vince brought him out into the arena and they played the intro. MVP said Vince was bobbing to the music out of rythem and asked if he liked it, so MVP said if Vince liked it, he loved it

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Young Bucks on the rumours of them potentially signing with the WWE

“Contract season is coming up, we’ll see what happens. It’s for our families, that’s basically what I think it comes down to at this point.”

Matt Jackson in regards to the WWE following them on Twitter:

“I don’t know. I have a really good Twitter account,”.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I seem to be in the minority, but I fully expect the Bucks and Omega to join WWE as The Elite (I believe they own that name, not NJPW). I actually look forward between feuds with New Day, The Club and Undisputed Era. Oh and another Alpha vs Omega match, because I have little doubt Jericho will be back too.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

With Daniel Cormier being a pro wrestling fan, would there be any non-cheesy way to get him to do an angle with WWE? Ie, just having him in the crowd for Summerslam and causing a distraction with Brock? Or would that be too much free publicity for UFC?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

With Daniel Cormier being a pro wrestling fan, would there be any non-cheesy way to get him to do an angle with WWE? Ie, just having him in the crowd for Summerslam and causing a distraction with Brock? Or would that be too much free publicity for UFC?
I mean, it is not out of the realm of possibility. But, I think it is unlikely. I think the most likely is Roman and Lesnar spam their finishers, both are worn out and Braun cashes in, turning it into a triple threat and pins Roman to win the title.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I love Finn but Omega has way more charisma than him. He'll do fine in the WWE just as Finn is doing fine. Not everybody can be champ when the roster is this stacked.

If you call what Finn has done since coming back from injury, "Fine", that's exactly why Omega shouldn't come to WWE, lol.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You don't enjoy the geeky Finn smile every time he comes on screen?

WWE Writer: "Alright, tonight you're gonna get squashed by Kane. Yes, the 50 year old Kane."

"Smile for the camera, Prince."

"Dammit Mum, it's the 5th picture in 2 minutes." *Feigns happiness*

"You didn't even get my abdominals!"

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
To bad to hear that about Fandango, he had been doing some good work with Tyler Breeze as of late.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Kenny is so much better than Finn. If he should be compared to anyone it’s AJ, who’s close to surpassing HBK’s cumulative days as WWE champ iirc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad