Monthly News Thread (April 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
My claim is that even having rehab, multiple surgeries, and an infection is still apparently less stressful and time consuming than road life, yes.

And if it were insane you wouldn't be seeing those results with person after person who looks far better when they come back.
It may be better than being on the road, but that isn't a holiday. It isn't time off. It's hard, gruelling work that is frustrating, painful, stressful, and flat out miserable.

On a work-to-holiday scale, rehab (even without the horrendous complications) falls far, far closer to the work side than the holiday side. It is not time off, it's just different work.

Look at it this way, if your boss lets you go home an hour earlier each day but you have to work in another building, does that mean you are now on holiday? It doesn't. All the stresses of work and life are still there every day, you just get to go to the gym more in your extra hour.

You'll look great, but you won't feel refreshed or fulfilled like spending a few months completely free on an actual holiday.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It may be better than being on the road, but that isn't a holiday. It isn't time off. It's hard, gruelling work that is frustrating, painful, stressful, and flat out miserable.

On a work-to-holiday scale, rehab (even without the horrendous complications) falls far, far closer to the work side than the holiday side. It is not time off, it's just different work.

Look at it this way, if your boss lets you go home an hour earlier each day but you have to work in another building, does that mean you are now on holiday? It doesn't. All the stresses of work and life are still there every day, you just get to go to the gym more in your extra hour.

You'll look great, but you won't feel refreshed or fulfilled like spending a few months completely free on an actual holiday.
That's.... not remotely similar to rehabbing.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

I dunno man. Anytime I "work from home" I essentially just hang out watching the Price is Right and only working if I HAVE to.

Reactions: xtra and dahrougem2

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Being at home every night but having to do rehab for a few hours during the day is A LOT easier than being on the road every day sleeping in different hotels/motels every night.

Anyone who has had to travel for work knows that. After like night 2, hotels suck and you miss your family/friends/colleagues/your bed.

Now, it sucks these people need to get hurt or have surgery to get that time off, and in the case of someone like Ambrose where there were major complications the time off could be quiet awful.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Being at home every night but having to do rehab for a few hours during the day is A LOT easier than being on the road every day sleeping in different hotels/motels every night.

Anyone who has had to travel for work knows that. After like night 2, hotels suck and you miss your family/friends/colleagues/your bed.

Now, it sucks these people need to get hurt or have surgery to get that time off, and in the case of someone like Ambrose where there were major complications the time off could be quiet awful.
Your second point doesn’t really apply to WWE superstars though imo. They’re so used to it that not being on the road is jarring to them. Fandango recently said as said, and a lot of guys who retired talked about the shock it is when they’re not constantly traveling. I remember Edge saying how weird it felt for a long time.

These guys are used to that more than being at home. Dean being at home actually probably gave him time to think with a clear mind for once (after trying to not die, literally) and it may have been the only time he got the clarity to realize he was unhappy in WWE since they couldn’t continue throwing him out there to be the workhorse.

But if we know anything about Dean I’d assume he hated the downtime.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's not meant to be. It's showing that having more free time doesn't mean it's a holiday. Which is the point.
It's not a holiday, but it is time off. Whether or not there's rehab involved, time off is time off. He's not killing himself 4/7 nights in a ring and living in hotels all the time.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Re: Dean, I still think he stays. The WWE usually doesn't do this much when a talent leaves. I think he ends up signing a new contract and staying.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's not a holiday, but it is time off. Whether or not there's rehab involved, time off is time off. He's not killing himself 4/7 nights in a ring and living in hotels all the time.
It's still not real break. It's extremely reasonable to want to take a holiday now that his contract is over and he's injury free.

This really isn't a crazy concept.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Re: Dean, I still think he stays. The WWE usually doesn't do this much when a talent leaves. I think he ends up signing a new contract and staying.
Circumstances are different. There wasn't usually an AEW out there with money to spend and public confidence.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Andrade, Zelina Vega and Aleister Black are listed as SmackDown Superstars again, so it appears WWE has changed their minds on those 3 being on RAW.

Ricochet is still listed as a Raw Superstar

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Word is WWE wants to use the Men's MITB match to create a star again. People within the company feel they've completely dropped the ball the past two years. Baron Corbin won in 2017, and lost his cash-in attempt, while Braun Strowman won in 2018, announced his cash in on Roman Reigns, in a match that ended in a No Contest.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Andrade, Zelina Vega and Aleister Black are listed as SmackDown Superstars again, so it appears WWE has changed their minds on those 3 being on RAW.

Ricochet is still listed as a Raw Superstar

*whispers* the brand split is dying

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The brand split isn't dying.

It's just WWE being typical WWE and not having any planning, both short-term and long-term about decisions before they make them.

Just like how Rey Mysterio will probably be barely used on RAW for a year before eventually ending up back on SmackDown, just like the last time he was "drafted" to RAW.

Reactions: Fro

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Smackdown: Aleister Black, Andrade, Zelina Vegas
Raw: 2020 2nd round pick, rights to JTG

They'll probably frame it as Samoa Joe and the US Championship for Black, Andrade and Vega.

No doubt.

Also, Black and Andrade make me want to watch SmackDown again, but then I remember that Roman Reigns is just going to bury everyone, so naaaah
(I'm still gonna watch cause I'm a sucker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad