Pre-Game Talk: Monday vs. Vancouver: Clinch or Clench Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Switch Draisaitl and Kahun and that should be our lineup heading into the playoffs imo.

Kahun - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Ennis - McLeod - Archibald
Neal - Khaira - Chiasson

Nurse - Barrie
Kulikov - Larsson
Jones - Bear

Smith

You could even switch Khaira and McLeod since JJ had some success with Ennis and Archie. If Neal/Chiasson are flat then Haas/Shore can replace them.
4 home grown centers, you love to see it.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Shore banged up it sounds like

Kahun-RNH-Yamamoto is a dumb line. What's the point of it? Kahun-Yamamoto doesn't work, like at all. Why experiment with something that clearly doesn't work.

Nice to see Khaira back and interesting to see that line from the play ins back together.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Anyone searching for their first NHL goal?

Not first NHL goals, but Vesey, Boyd and Highmore have produced against us in the past and haven't scored for Vancouver yet. Highmore and Graovac are 0fer on the season. MacEwan and Hawryluk are stuck at one each on the year. Seems like either a perfect storm to get them off the schneid or finally we get to matchup against a team where their bottom 6 truly make ours look good (correction, makes them look at least average).

Although Kole Lind who likely is in the top 6 hasn't got his first NHL goal yet but just 2 games in.

Last edited:

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Kahun-RNH-Yamamoto is a dumb line. What's the point of it? Kahun-Yamamoto doesn't work, like at all. Why experiment with something that clearly doesn't work.

Nice to see Khaira back and interesting to see that line from the play ins back together.

Agreed on 2L. Just completely ineffective both in our own zone and offensively. Hopefully they make me look stupid tonight.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Haas and Shore are banged up and not playing tonight otherwise I do not think we would see this line. I agree, on the surface it doesnt look that great but then Vancouver is basically icing half an AHL lineup.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto

Maybe Tippett just wants to manage McDrai's minutes down the stretch and it's easier to do that if they're on the same line? And then try to get the RNH - Yamo pair some time to grow their chemistry before he throws Draisaitl back on there closer to the playoffs?

I dunno. Wishful thinking lol.

Reactions: boatsNhossa

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Glad to see Khaira back. Hopefully he's mentally healthy. It would really suck if he injures himself again, but DRs are clearing him and he's been practicing, so I guess you have to go with it. I wonder if his game is more tentative going forward though.

I assume McDrai line is to collect some points. Both players should get some days off in the next 2 weeks, so load up when you can. DRY likely gets some more games in near the end of next week and Kahun probably plays on the top line once things get sorted out.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Kahun - McDavid(HG) - Puljujarvi(HG)
RNH(HG) - Draisaitl(HG) - Yamamoto(HG)
Ennis - McLeod(HG) - Archibald
Neal - Khaira(HG) - Chiasson

Nurse(HG) - Barrie
Kulikov - Larsson
Jones(HG) - Bear(HG)

Smith

Not too shabby.
The team has come a long way with getting prospect to become players. It's great to see.

Reactions: ohheyhemsky

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
No. I guess Tippett likes to gamble. If Khaira plays and aggravates his concussion it's going to look really bad on Tippett, and Holland too imo

Neither Tippett nor Holland will have anything to do with medically clearing him to play hockey.

And I doubt very much either are interested in risking the health of one of their players when the games actually mean this little.

Amateur internet doctors should retire.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
GDT is coming boys, hang on to your horses!
RNH.jpg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Maybe Tippett just wants to manage McDrai's minutes down the stretch and it's easier to do that if they're on the same line? And then try to get the RNH - Yamo pair some time to grow their chemistry before he throws Draisaitl back on there closer to the playoffs?

I dunno. Wishful thinking lol.

I hope that's the reason and it sounds logical but you never know with Tippett. He seems to put lines together just to spite most of the fanbase haha, and I say this as a fan of the guy.

I do like the bottom two lines. That 3rd line looks like a great energy line and we know the 4th line has worked well together before.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Neither Tippett nor Holland will have anything to do with medically clearing him to play hockey.

And I doubt very much either are interested in risking the health of one of their players when the games actually mean this little.

Amateur internet doctors should retire.
A gm or coach's job is largely public perception. If Khaira goes down in meaningless games it looks bad if it's fair or not to those making the decision

I'm not a doctor. Never said I was. But can you say that concussions are a perfected science in the medical field? They aren't

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I hope that's the reason and it sounds logical but you never know with Tippett. He seems to put lines together just to spite most of the fanbase haha, and I say this as a fan of the guy.

I do like the bottom two lines. That 3rd line looks like a great energy line and we know the 4th line has worked well together before.

I think you will see a bit of experimentation on lines for the next three games for sure, before he starts settling into what he wants as his playoff lineup for this Saturday's game at least one of the Montreal games if not both.

Mickelsnitz

Dec 23, 2009
A gm or coach's job is largely public perception. If Khaira goes down in meaningless games it looks bad if it's fair or not to those making the decision

I'm not a doctor. Never said I was. But can you say that concussions are a perfected science in the medical field? They aren't
Maybe the last time JJ was wobbled wasn’t a concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad