Post-Game Talk: Monarchy Abolished (x3)

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
What a great game defensively from the Oilers. The Kings really only had one great chance (which unfortunately ended up in the back of the net, would have nice to have gotten a save there). Otherwise it was all shots from the outside with basically no second chances. The 3rd GA was a great tip. Skinner basically didn’t face another difficult shot outside of those two shots all game.
Skinner was good enough. No really big saves but made the needed ones and didn’t let in a weak one. Couple of mad scrambles in front of our net that he held strong in.

That being said that might have been the best defence I have ever seen the Oilers play.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Bouchard tho...

Bouchard kind of a fascinating player. During regular season, theres so many games where you wish he played with more intensity.

Hes the type of player you would think would crumble in the playoffs. But he’s raised his game in the playoffs. It doesn’t hurt that he’s playing on a all time power play. But you have to give him credit. Hes beasting out there. Sometimes you can’t really judge a book by its cover.

Reactions: bellagiobob

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Shout out to the PK.

1714677656013.png

Nuge at 2nd most icetime is kinda crazy.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Connor Brown had one less point than PLD in this series.
Brown has the same number of playoff goals as 75% of the Kings lineup. Other than Kempe and Doughty kings only got 7G in 5 GP from the rest of their lineup. Basically everybody but Kempe was on a cooler as I stated before series.

Its kind of funny that Arviddsson was so livid post game, he really wanted this, and he scored the last goal of the season in last game with net pulled to get the Kings this matchup. I'm not sure the rest of the clubs heart was really into getting wrecked by the Oilers again.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
He made the statement even before series started or after game 1. In and around there. He's not saying it after the fact, he already knew. Very respectful of our club jsut like Sutter was. They know a good thing when they see it. he talked at length about how much the Oilers have matured as a group and now look ready.

Always appreciated Doughty and Sutter being candid about us and also that the Flames are shit. Sutters view on his own flames while he was coaching them was some of the funniest shit ever emanating from Calgary since harvey the hound lost his tongue.

Reporter. "Coach Sutter, what do you think about comparisons of this Flames team to your LA Kings teams"

Sutter: "There is no comparison, none, Thats a ridiculous question. Next question"

lol
For sure, agreed with all that.

This is my favorite Sutter quote though directed at Gaudreau and his 500th game

"Hopefully he has more energy than his 499th". I will always love that man for that quote alone.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
For sure, agreed with all that.

This is my favorite Sutter quote though directed at Gaudreau and his 500th game

"Hopefully he has more energy than his 499th". I will always love that man for that quote alone.
He has too many quotes. Wish he'd do a book, but I don't know that he's the type of guy to do something like that.

You'd essentially need someone else to just sit with him while he's feeding cows and talk about his career with him to get all the information out of him and be able to piece it together.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
Anyone else notice how much calmer the boys are this year? Way less tempers flaring in the scrums, way less panic when LA was pushing, was less dumb dumb penalties. Wonder what combination of coaching, vets, and experience has been the key here. Hope this continues, team feels different this year.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I’ve seen this a few times saying Drai fist bumped. Am I old or is a fist bump this:

people-bumping-fists.jpeg

Fist Pump:

no you are right i mistyped

I was just looking, because I was curious watching his usage. Fiala had 29 goals and 73 pts this year, that's wild, he looked like a 3rd line agitator the entire series lol.
the only person he was agitating was himself, and kings fans too i guess. he wasnt under the oilers skin lol

Giggleplex

May 18, 2015
Bouchard kind of a fascinating player. During regular season, theres so many games where you wish he played with more intensity.

Hes the type of player you would think would crumble in the playoffs. But he’s raised his game in the playoffs. It doesn’t hurt that he’s playing on a all time power play. But you have to give him credit. Hes beasting out there. Sometimes you can’t really judge a book by its cover.
He's always stepped it up during the playoffs. 35 points in 33 career playoff games so far. Maybe he save his best for the playoffs like Drai lol

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
no you are right i mistyped

the only person he was agitating was himself, and kings fans too i guess. he wasnt under the oilers skin lol
Does anyone really get to the Oiler players anymore? Been awhile since I remember someone that has driven the guys nuts and even if it is one game doesn't seem to ever really impact them the next.

Agitate the fans yes, but players not as much it seems.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Anyone else notice how much calmer the boys are this year? Way less tempers flaring in the scrums, way less panic when LA was pushing, was less dumb dumb penalties. Wonder what combination of coaching, vets, and experience has been the key here. Hope this continues, team feels different this year.

When Ryan broke his stick in the last minute I was expecting the worst, but we played calm, cool, no scramble hockey. Was very refreshing.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I noticed on the game coverage right after the game ended that Knoblauch was heading down the tunnel.
Then he was 'redirected'...lol
That was funny. Knob was so focused on the game, he forgot the protocol, and had a brain cramp.

Almost the opposite of Danny Maciocia during that Grey Cup where he prematurely started dancing around on the sideline when there was still time on the clock in a one score game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: