Post-Game Talk: Monarchy Abolished (x3)

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Just noticed Brad Harrison grabbing Knoblauch by the tie to get him to the handshake line :laugh:

1714673967119.png

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I went their for the lolz... and lolz were had.

Also I can't believe how many posts they have about our series. If the tables were reversed I'd see you all in October and wouldn't be watching anything, such a weird fan base.

Perpetual and eternal little brother syndrome. Just ask that "1989" poster on the mains. Must be a CP poster. (Also lols, he'll hang his hat on that one and only fLames Cup win til the day he dies, to be sure)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Just glad we got out of this with no apparent injuries, other than some bumps and bruises. The Kings are scary, in that I really thought they'd try to injure some of our guys knowing they were going down anyway.
I didn't want to jinx it, but I was going to say in the GDT thread I hope it's a close game because if it turns into a blowout watch out for the Kings stupidity.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'll eat crow on this one. I thought bringing in another rookie coach was an awful move. I guess that's the reason I'm not an Oilers exec (that and the fact I'm not a former Oiler.... yet...).
I mean rookie or veteran coach this team had issues with both before. Just in general I don't even know which way a team should go anymore, Oilers or down to a team like San Jose. The only certainty is that if the new guy fails on his club fans will say they should've went with the opposite type of coach with regards to experience.

I was more concerned like others about Coffey. Like beyond random of a hire, but worked out great. Although I do wonder how much of the coaching changes also impacted Stuart's impact on this club. I rarely heard the guys name before under Woody. Then once the coaching change happened you started to hear the players talk about him working with them.

I noticed on the game coverage right after the game ended that Knoblauch was heading down the tunnel.
Then he was 'redirected'...lol
Maybe the Oiler ice team was sitting down the tunnel and caught his attention :sarcasm:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
What a great game defensively from the Oilers. The Kings really only had one great chance (which unfortunately ended up in the back of the net, would have nice to have gotten a save there). Otherwise it was all shots from the outside with basically no second chances. The 3rd GA was a great tip. Skinner basically didn’t face another difficult shot outside of those two shots all game.

Reactions: joestevens29

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Well done to the squad. Took care of business, and there is definitely another gear there offensively for Round 2. Solid defensive efforts in the last couple games. Drai going Selke mode, amazing series from him.

Poetically, Canucks would be my wish for 2nd round match up. The sent our season into a tailspin right from the offset. Had us panicking about our season for a good couple of months. Went 4 and 0 against us in the regular season. To beat them in the playoffs would be a proper exorcising of the demons at the start of the season that forced us to come back from the dead as Cap would say. Add to it the Canada vs Canada vibes, that's a series set for fireworks and excitement.

Matchup wise, Predators is a team we have taken care of handily over the last 5 odd years. Saros factor in the back of the mind.

Neither opponent to be taken lightly certainly. Well done in Round 1 boys. Only 1/4 of the battle though, get your rest and keep it going.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver/Nashville game 6 tomorrow. Looks like DeSmith will be in goal for the Canucks.
Of course I think they have a better shot with DeSmith than Silovs, but man does that team need to be better.

Yes I think they can win with another sub 20 shot night, but that forward group needs to start figuring their shit out.

Zadorov shouldn't be ahead of as many people he is in shots and goals.

Reactions: bellagiobob

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
What a great game defensively from the Oilers. The Kings really only had one great chance (which unfortunately ended up in the back of the net, would have nice to have gotten a save there). Otherwise it was all shots from the outside with basically no second chances. The 3rd GA was a great tip. Skinner basically didn’t face another difficult shot outside of those two shots all game.
That was a perfect shot. Right above the pad and just below the blocker.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: