Post-Game Talk: Monarchy Abolished (x3)

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Reading the gameday thread from start to finish on the mains was amazing
I highly recommend it - at times you can feel the angst and vitriol from all fan bases

Lots of rival fanbase fans going on about the Kings being one of the weakest teams in the playoffs (easy to say now). I have a feeling if the Oilers ended up taking 1st and the Canucks dropped to 2nd, the Kings would have beaten the Canucks 4-2 or something.

Matchups are a thing. The Oilers made the Kings look worse than they are.

Also, could be that the Oilers are actually a good team, but those fans would never dare admit it.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Most important thing this series was the emergence of Vinny/Kulak. Nurse/Ceci has been a disaster against stiff comp so hopefully there is an offset here
Yeh Ceci Nurse as a pair are showing some warts. Nurse I think has been pretty good though overall. Ceci is just being Ceci with scoring, which is better but could hurt us more later. Kulak is flying out there and steady but not perfect in own zone. Vinny is doing everything out there and you really notice how much space he takes up too out there.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I was reading the Canucks board, and they really believe their team is more physical than LA's. Uhhh, yeah sure. Have you LOOKED at the Hits from both series?

LA's hits this series - 257 Hits
Van's hits this series - 186 Hits

LA was PUMMELING us with everything, but we held our own very handily. "But Zadorov is gonna feast on the Oil!". Sure. Just like he feasted on them with the Flames. He was such a non-factor, I don't know what to say. I am enjoying the arrogance from them. Will be a fun series to watch....IF the Canucks don't get eliminated :P

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I highly recommend it - at times you can feel the angst and vitriol from all fan bases
I just happened to jump on when I went to the bathroom. What a debacle.

I wouldn't recommend anyone read them. I actually recommend the site not even be functional while games are being played.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
And they are way more physical than LA. We're going to need to respond and be more physical than we were against LA to take the Nucks. I think they also have a more dynamic bottom 6 that produces more than ours, too.

As long as we address the above, McDrai stays hot, Skinner plays well, we can win. But damn, people writing Nucks off because NSH is blocking all of their shots. They are a dangerous team.
It’s like some here are new to the NHL… every team is dangerous and can beat u in the playoffs…. Period.

And they are way more physical than LA. We're going to need to respond and be more physical than we were against LA to take the Nucks. I think they also have a more dynamic bottom 6 that produces more than ours, too.

As long as we address the above, McDrai stays hot, Skinner plays well, we can win. But damn, people writing Nucks off because NSH is blocking all of their shots. They are a dangerous team.
More physical? Not sure about that and the nucks look pretty inexperienced so far in the playoffs. Any team can beat you in the playoffs regardless

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton

The game day threads on our own forum aren’t that different. HFOil has a TON of emotionally volatile posters and people that cheer against specific players on our own team.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The game day threads on our own forum aren’t that different. HFOil has a TON of emotionally volatile posters and people that cheer against specific players on our own team.
I posted on the main boards that people literally post as they are watching and then look like fools. People complain about the officials(not just yesterday related), yet so many people are wrong with their opinions when watching. Sometimes even after they show replays.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Yeh Ceci Nurse as a pair are showing some warts. Nurse I think has been pretty good though overall. Ceci is just being Ceci with scoring, which is better but could hurt us more later. Kulak is flying out there and steady but not perfect in own zone. Vinny is doing everything out there and you really notice how much space he takes up too out there.
I agree- Nurse has upped his game. Ceci hasn’t been good. Ceci, is one of the league’s worst defenders against rush chances. Colorado and Dallas are both rush offense (if we get that far).

Reactions: McDoused

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I've always respected Doughty. He's pain in the ass to play against and can be really lippy at times but he's always given credit to the Oilers, is a straight shooter which is the type of guy I could ride with and he's a phenomenal player even still, one of the best to ever do it. I wouldn't hate it if he ever wanted to go Cup chasing here.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I've always respected Doughty. He's pain in the ass to play against and can be really lippy at times but he's always given credit to the Oilers, is a straight shooter which is the type of guy I could ride with and he's a phenomenal player even still, one of the best to ever do it. I wouldn't hate it if he ever wanted to go Cup chasing here.
Doughty is like what Perry was before coming to Edmonton. Just hated the guy, even don't like cheering for them on Team Canada as they drive me so nuts being pacific rivals for so long.

But if Doughty ever became an Oiler man would I love him.

Was nice to see him smiling and the respect he was giving the team after too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad