Post-Game Talk: Monarchy Abolished (x3)

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
This should be effectively a guaranteed WCF for the Oilers no? I don't see either Canucks or Preds winning in a series (Especially if Canucks don't have Demko).

really???

Vancouver has way better offense than the Kings and they put a lot more pressure on the D on the forecheck. Their goaltending is a question mark, but so is ours.

I say that series is 50/50

I do like our chances against Nashville if they end up taking it, but I wouldnt write Vancouver off at all

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers have sucked against Vancouver but also didn't have a healthy McDavid in any of the games. Their ability to score on random shots whenever they need to may also still be kryptonite for a goalie like Skinner, unless he continues to shut that stuff down.
I wouldn't put much stock in the regular season results, regardless of what was going on with Mcdavid. 3 of the 4 losses were during the streak that cost Woodcroft his job, and the 4th was in the final two weeks of the season when the Oilers were noticeably phoning it in.

A Van/Edm matchup is almost a blank slate, hard to predict how they'll play against each other.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023

200w.gif

He's right about the call being holding. I could see roughing or elbowing.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

The penalties were penalties. But I think I saw a bit of selling from the oilers. And i f***in love it. The incompetent Refs in this league need shit to be obvious before they make a call. So shake those wrists, hold those heads, grimace the face. It’s unfortunate that embellishment is needed in this league, but the reality is that it is.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Yeah, I'm wondering when Brown finally slots in, he's not going to be a liability and he was scoring morre towards the end.
Even if nobody gets banged up I think he could still be splitting some games with Holloway. Holloway's playing fine but he doesn't need to be in every game of a potential cup run unless he's lighting it up.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Oilers have sucked against Vancouver but also didn't have a healthy McDavid in any of the games. Their ability to score on random shots whenever they need to may also still be kryptonite for a goalie like Skinner, unless he continues to shut that stuff down.
Didn't have Ekholm beginning of the season either.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Still no pressers in the Media room with the crowd at the Window??? What gives??? Those pressers were f***in awesome.
I think they were worried the fans were going to break thru the glass. ;) They were fun though.

Over 3 series against the Kings, how we've come so far from the days of "Mikey Anderson will shutdown McDavid"
From that to "Connor McDavid will knockout Mikey Anderson." ;)

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
really???

Vancouver has way better offense than the Kings and they put a lot more pressure on the D on the forecheck. Their goaltending is a question mark, but so is ours.

I say that series is 50/50

I do like our chances against Nashville if they end up taking it, but I wouldnt write Vancouver off at all
And they are way more physical than LA. We're going to need to respond and be more physical than we were against LA to take the Nucks. I think they also have a more dynamic bottom 6 that produces more than ours, too.

As long as we address the above, McDrai stays hot, Skinner plays well, we can win. But damn, people writing Nucks off because NSH is blocking all of their shots. They are a dangerous team.

Reactions: McDoused

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
And they are way more physical than LA. We're going to need to respond and be more physical than we were against LA to take the Nucks. I think they also have a more dynamic bottom 6 that produces more than ours, too.

As long as we address the above, McDrai stays hot, Skinner plays well, we can win. But damn, people writing Nucks off because NSH is blocking all of their shots. They are a dangerous team.
LA has more hits so far and the shot block thing doesn’t add up.

1714634174527.jpeg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Loving how much emphasis Drai, Nuge, and McD are putting on our defensive game in the post game pressers. Exactly the type of mindset that we will need to take us to the Cup.

“A big thing with our team now is we want to defend first, and go from there”.

“We have enough skill to be able to make them pay when we NEED to”.

Keyword is NEED to. Maybe that’s why we haven’t seen balls out offence from Oilers. But what we’ve seen is solid defending and timely offence…. As needed.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
The kings board was like this even as early as 2015-16. it took about one season of them not winning cup to completely turn. They were always losing series before they started in their minds.

What have you done for me lately bunch. Apologies to the few fans there with semi reasonable views. Like the one fan that just said. "hey, we're just losing to a better team".

But in LA if theres no Academy Awards you're a flat out bum. These being fans of a team that has made the playoffs 3yrs in a row during what is usually a rebuild stage.
Or a waiter.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad