Post-Game Talk: Monarchy Abolished (x3)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Over 3 series against the Kings, how we've come so far from the days of "Mikey Anderson will shutdown McDavid"
Kings fans will eventually get to blaming Arviddson goal for getting them 3rd place and the Oilers with goalie pulled in last game of season. Oh wait, they already did that.

Collective reaction over there was "f*** not the Oilers again" Now its "f*** this kings team, I'm going to cheer for baseball" lol never go baseball.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Haha I made that gif...took video of my tv lol! That guy's was so funny
C407C4E7-CAEC-4556-9827-E79D4AB7096D.gif

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Say what you want about Doughty he is flat out honest. He was also the one appreciating the crowd noise in Edmonton pregame and getting a kick out of it. The guy loves hockey. Loves being all around it. Hate the guy for being an opponent but I remember liking him plenty on Team Canadas back when that was even a thing.
He's one of the best d-men of his generation. First ballot hall of famer. A huge pain in the ass to play against, but at his best (and even past his prime) he was a hell of a player.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The kings board was like this even as early as 2015-16. it took about one season of them not winning cup to completely turn. They were always losing series before they started in their minds.

What have you done for me lately bunch. Apologies to the few fans there with semi reasonable views. Like the one fan that just said. "hey, we're just losing to a better team".

But in LA if theres no Academy Awards you're a flat out bum. These being fans of a team that has made the playoffs 3yrs in a row during what is usually a rebuild stage.
Hope PLD enjoys his super shiny big city where they barely give a shit about hockey. Atleast he’ll escape the pressure of expectations. But i don’t think he’s gonna have a fun time around town, seeing as the fanbase hates him.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Say what you want about Doughty he is flat out honest. He was also the one appreciating the crowd noise in Edmonton pregame and getting a kick out of it. The guy loves hockey. Loves being all around it. Hate the guy for being an opponent but I remember liking him plenty on Team Canadas back when that was even a thing.
He's a hockey players, hockey player.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hope PLD enjoys his super shiny big city where they barely give a shit about hockey. Atleast he’ll escape the pressure of expectations. But i don’t think he’s gonna have a fun time around town, seeing as the fanbase hates him.
They sure do. At least the online contingent. Not sure why there isn't more concern over Fiala who was awful and botching all the play. Remembering Fiala is first unit PP, gets all the primo minutes and a lot of topsix toi.

For all the PLD hate he was EV in the series and often playing with bottomsix players. He isn't getting the Villardi type treatment in Winnipeg topline, top PP, despite being a better player, but he will when Kopitar fades out. Its a longterm. Not gonna judge it in year one. Kings fans shouldn't either but they like carving up their players.

In this game and series when they were paired PLD fed Fiala in the slot 5X. No goals. The favor wasn't returned once. Fialas brain everytime he has puck is to either make 3 more moves or shoot puck himself. Nobody else exists..;)

Reactions: McDoused

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011

Sign better clients.

Oilers have series where they get less than favourable calls, and series where they get favourable calls. I thought a couple of the calls this series were soft, but LA also got a ton of bounces. That being said, you create your own luck. Oilers won 4-1, and I didn't think they played their best hockey either. Reffing had very little to do with the outcome of the series- Oilers going 50% on the PP and 100% on the PK was the difference.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
He's a gamer, you can tell he loves competing, the big moments, hates losing. Hall of fame career, that he's still this good 16 years into his career is beyond impressive.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He's a gamer, you can tell he loves competing, the big moments, hates losing. Hall of fame career, that he's still this good 16 years into his career is beyond impressive.
I wish the McD and company ever got a chance to play with him in an Olympics or Canada Cup or something. Been sad to have had that. Could imagine prime mcd and prime Doughty on same team.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
8oprx2.jpg

Seeing many of their fans whining about the officials on twitter is comical.
Blame your special teams you morons.
Not a very astute fanbase over there. Some of them have been there for awhile and you think would understand hockey by now. I mean maybe it should occur to them that it wouldn't matter how many PP's they get. The only solution for them is for the refs to lose their whistles which pretty much happened for the Kings in game 4.

At least the players get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes