Monahan Gone

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
What will the Jets do not that they are back to no real number 2 centre?
I guess he does not care about winning since he chose Columbus so good riddens
I hope Chevy has something up his sleeve.
CHI, NSV and Utah all got better.
The Jets are in tough.
I realize getting these shiny new toy on July 1 does not always work out but it does always remind me of how undesirable a location Winnipeg is for free agents and I will never fall for the trade deadline additions who wax poetic about the "peg then take the first train out.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
looking at Namestnikov as a 2c from last year:
3.49 GF/60 prior to the Monahan acquisition. the 2nd line performed fine w/ names down the middle.

i do think there there's for sure higher skilled fwds that can raise the ceiling of that line. but the centre market stunk this UFA class. I know the team loved monahan and tried re-signing him, and still appears to be looking at Henrique, however, if Names is there they could be ok.

really if they want an upgrade it'd have to be via trade.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I like Mono, but he disappeared in the playoffs for the Jets this year. Considering his injury background, and the term and dollar amount of his contract, I think it was best to let him go elsewhere, to be overpaid.

That Henrique from the Oilers did impress me in the playoffs, so maybe we can take a shot at signing him.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I like Mono, but he disappeared in the playoffs for the Jets this year. Considering his injury background, and the term and dollar amount of his contract, I think it was best to let him go elsewhere, to be overpaid.

That Henrique from the Oilers did impress me in the playoffs, so maybe we can take a shot at signing him.

Too late about Henrique, looks like he's returning to the Coilers

Reactions: SCP Guy and GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad