Proposal: Monahan / Domi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I mean, maybe Columbus moves Domi for a 2nd, which is pretty meh. If Monahan can get going again, Columbus could have a 40ish C on their hands. I get the reluctance, but both teams could get what they want here.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Calgary... I get Monahan's point production has gone down significantly the last 3 years but he has a better track record than Domi
Dude they both suck (compared to their contracts) and Domi’s a UFA this year. Calgary should take this and run.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
I mean, maybe Columbus moves Domi for a 2nd, which is pretty meh. If Monahan can get going again, Columbus could have a 40ish C on their hands. I get the reluctance, but both teams could get what they want here.
Are you saying Columbus wants a 40pt center at $6m?

Reactions: Seachd

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Columbus might actually think Monahan could be useful there, and, even though the cap hit is huge, it’s only for one more year, so it’s not a massive risk.

That said, it would make much more sense for them to see what they can get for Domi separately. Even if they only get a 3rd or something, that still seems like too much to give up for someone like Monahan.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Just did a quick search with the word Monahan posted by you. About 300 results just in the last year. I'd say you not only hate the guy but you're obsessed.

Is it really weird that a Flames fan would make hundreds of posts about one of their players? Especially when that player went from top line on losing teams to 4th line on a winning team?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
CGY takes this and runs with a smile.
Get out of the final year of Monahans contract for a couple months of Domi
… no chance they say no

CBJ wouldn’t even entertain this.
Bringing in a declining player with 6+m for another season in exchange for a contract that’s ending in a couple months
… no chance they say yes

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Domi is better and actually a solid asset at the deadline. Monahan sucks now (according to Flames fans) and has a worse contract. Domi produces more, plays better and is on a better contract.

Why would the Jackets do this? They need a good center. Not a downgrade.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Easy no for Columbus. I think whoever gets Domi is going to be happy with him if hes put with a shooter and an offensive role. Great playmaking ability and worth more than a damaged Monahan

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Is it really weird that a Flames fan would make hundreds of posts about one of their players? Especially when that player went from top line on losing teams to 4th line on a winning team?
They are a Devils fan

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'm surprised people are acting here like Monahan contract is an unbearable anchor. He only has 1 year left. Yes it's 6,375M$ but at one year I would take a flyer on him, hoping he can bounce back and become a good middle six guy

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm surprised people are acting here like Monahan contract is an unbearable anchor. He only has 1 year left. Yes it's 6,375M$ but at one year I would take a flyer on him, hoping he can bounce back and become a good middle six guy

For that money you can rent a for-sure good middle six guy. Not hope a guy who isn't good will become good.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
At least one team would take Monahan next year without any big value asset attached. Someone always has patience for big centers who have even a shred of potential to contribute.

That being said, a Monahan/Domi swap would be pretty cutthroat but probably a good move for the Flames. Idk if it would mess up the mix among the players though. You’d think they’d understand it’s a move to get more competitive but it’s still getting rid of one of your vet guys.

I think Monahan’s struggles this year are half percentage-based and half that he’s just not great at hockey right now, likely because his wrists don’t work. Definitely a buy low candidate. Same with Dubé.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad