Confirmed with Link: Molson Wants the Habs to Play Games in Paris - Possiblilty 2025-2026 Season

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
cnvrtble.gif

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
It's a great idea imo. Not just for it taking place in Paris, but on the European continent. I bet a lot of international Habs fans would love to watch their favorite players/national icons in person for an actual regular season NHL game.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The f*** lol

What's the problem with the Montreal Canadiens playing games in the biggest Francophone city on the planet?
I don't care about francophone or other cities. Don't want to see them in Europe on money grabs in their window of contention. Do it next season or don't do it.

Reactions: Habs13

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I don't care about francophone or other cities. Don't want to see them in Europe on money grabs in their window of contention. Do it next season or don't do it.

Yeah, well no marketing team is going to care and I don't think that trip would have any significant effect on the fortunes of a contender. That's a ridiculous take.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
The f*** lol

What's the problem with the Montreal Canadiens playing games in the biggest Francophone city on the planet?

Few people care about hockey in France and those that do aren't in Paris. Honestly they should start by playing games in the Maritimes for our fanbase there that is always forgotten / taken for granted, or in Slovakia / french parts of Swiss.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Is Molson not aware that Parisians/Franciliens don't care about hockey at all and look down their noses at French Canadians?

If he insists on doing it in France then do it in Lyon as an outdoor game where they have already drawn 25,000 for a CHL game (Champions Hockey League)...... not in the smelly capital and in front of it's pretentious inhabitants.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yeah, well no marketing team is going to care and I don't think that trip would have any significant effect on the fortunes of a contender. That's a ridiculous take.
Marketing people can all eff off. No way to know if starting in Europe has an effect. Ottawa has layed 7 games less than other teams and have been bad. Will having to play a lot of games in the new year hurt them. Who knows? Better to not take the chance.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
An outdoor game in Grenoble would certainly be 100% feasible. Pretty sure they have a relatively big foot stadium there too. For a one time event they could probably attract a good crowd. One of my coworker is from there. Pretty sure they have a pro team in Grenoble too.

I think that's where Huet is from.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Bercy would also be a good choice.

I’ve been to Paris countless times and people are actually very friendly to Quebecers.

I am not french Canadian and they have no problem sharing their elitist remarks with me when referring to Quebecers. They prefer my English to listening to French Canadians "butcher their language". They quite literally think French Canadians are their trailer park cousins which annoys me to no end considering the sacrifices made by Canadians in both world wars.

Of course there are many great people in every city on the planet but Paris certainly has a type that is all too prevalent.

Last edited:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Huet told the boys they can stay in his basement.

For real tho, there’s no real upside for Habs fans with things like this except if you are looking for things to do at 3am (or live in France)

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Marketing people can all eff off. No way to know if starting in Europe has an effect. Ottawa has layed 7 games less than other teams and have been bad. Will having to play a lot of games in the new year hurt them. Who knows? Better to not take the chance.
Hughes really sold you on the Kool Aid if you think this team contends in 2 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad