In Memoriam Moe Lemay

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
He played briefly for the Bruins but scored a goal in the playoffs against Poutineville in Game 2 of the 1988 playoffs at the Forum, which finally helped the Bs win a series against the Habs.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
If I remember correctly the goal was a booming slapshot just inside the blue line on the wing

You are correct, a slapper from the left boards that, I believe, went five hole on Roy. I distinctly remember Fred Cusick's call: "And a...SCORE!!! Moe Lemay!" I watched that game with a couple of college friends at Cheers, my one and only time in there, and John Elway was in the house. I still have the VHS highlight tape, "Black, Gold and Glory".

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
You are correct, a slapper from the left boards that, I believe, went five hole on Roy. I distinctly remember Fred Cusick's call: "And a...SCORE!!! Moe Lemay!" I watched that game with a couple of college friends at Cheers, my one and only time in there, and John Elway was in the house. I still have the VHS highlight tape, "Black, Gold and Glory".

Just watched the clip --- I thought it would have been Roy too -- but it was Hayward.

Reactions: aguineapig72

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
one of the best offensive players I have ever seen in a 67`s uniform. Can`t recall the precise stats but 60+ goals and well over 120pts one year

RIP Mo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad