Modano to Minnesota?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Modano was my favourite player but I don't get a management vibe from him. Nice guy, but seems about as smart as a bag of rocks.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah there’s nothing about Modano that says leadership.

Maybe he’s looking for free meals in the owner’s box?

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Wasn't he made captain of the Stars after Hatcher left only to have it stripped after just one year because he was so terrible?

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I hope he does go to Minnesota because he has rocks for brains and it would hurt a team that I dislike.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Tom Kurvers was recently diagnosed with lung cancer (stage 3). Kurvers is one of the Assistant GMs for Minnesota, so I wouldn't be that surprised if Modano was brought in to help Kurvers and maybe take over for him depending on how his health goes.

Reactions: Fixxer

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Modano was my favourite player but I don't get a management vibe from him. Nice guy, but seems about as smart as a bag of rocks.
That's my impression as well, but I had the same feeling about Yzerman and Sakic. The former is arguably the best GM in the league, and the latter has at least been improving.

Besides, is raw brain power really a prerequisite to be a successful NHL GM? Having a good hockey eye for spotting talent and decisiveness would seem to be way more important. You can hire nerdy assistants to manage cap issues and pore over advanced stats.

Reactions: Smelling Salt
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Wasn't he made captain of the Stars after Hatcher left only to have it stripped after just one year because he was so terrible?
Jeez what revisionist history. It was stripped for him being terrible. It was given to a better leader in Brenden Morrow. It was the right call but Modano was fine if Morrow weren't there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad