MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Turns out that a NASL team can't hold their own in the MLS...who knew?

Starting to really suck the energy out of the whole "We are in MLS!" vibe when they're so awful :(

The defense is just atrocious. Up front I don't think they're too bad. The midfield is a bit scattered, out of sync, I think that will improve with more time together.

But man that defense is just shocking at times.

They really need to win against RSL at home this weekend. They can't keep getting clobbered, or they'll have no shot to capture the casual fan that is going to be so crucial for their growth as a team. It takes a looooooooooong time to shake that "loser" perception.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Starting to really suck the energy out of the whole "We are in MLS!" vibe when they're so awful :(

The defense is just atrocious. Up front I don't think they're too bad. The midfield is a bit scattered, out of sync, I think that will improve with more time together.

But man that defense is just shocking at times.

They really need to win against RSL at home this weekend. They can't keep getting clobbered, or they'll have no shot to capture the casual fan that is going to be so crucial for their growth as a team. It takes a looooooooooong time to shake that "loser" perception.

This is what I was thinking. MLS 1.0 showed that it can take years (or even decades) to recover once you make a horrible first impression. Not a good strategy to go low-budget in your first several years in the league.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
Yeah, pretty awkward and funny but these things happen. I'm sure news agencies etc. around the world send clueless reporters to cover media events like that - it just makes you question the professionalism of this particular journo(?) for not doing a few minute google research to check some basic facts concerning the topic.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Crew trade Tony Tchani and 300k in allocation money to Vancouver in exchange for Kekuta Manneh. I'll take Unexpected MLS trades for 200 Alex.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Crew trade Tony Tchani and 300k in allocation money to Vancouver in exchange for Kekuta Manneh. I'll take Unexpected MLS trades for 200 Alex.

Horrible, horrible trade. Manneh has that speed and ability to beat a player that we are greatly lacking. He is our main chance creater and what do we trade him for? A CDM. RIP robbo wants 0-0 games all year.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Horrible, horrible trade. Manneh has that speed and ability to beat a player that we are greatly lacking. He is our main chance creater and what do we trade him for? A CDM. RIP robbo wants 0-0 games all year.

same cuke, so angry rn. exactly what we need right, another bench midfielder to throw into the pot.

same thoughts exactly. he's a dynamic player that RUNS at defenders and we dont have any of those.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
First we draw against them at home, now we give away 2 starters, Cronin and Burch for these guys.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Barely 15K in Chicago for Schweinsteiger's debut...

Not surprised by this at all. He's not a "glamor" playing like Ronaldo or Beckham, and he's not a one-man highlight reel like Zlatan or Messi. Which means he's not going to actract many casual fans, and the "sophisticated" fans are going to wait to see whether he has anything left in the tank and whether he actually makes the team better. Damn good game from him yesterday though with some amazing passes. If he keeps playing like that I would think attendance would rise a bit.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Certainly could be the most valuable player in the league if healthy. It's troubling that the country's 3rd biggest city can't attract fans though. I watched the game and while they said 15K there was probably less than that.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Certainly could be the most valuable player in the league if healthy. It's troubling that the country's 3rd biggest city can't attract fans though. I watched the game and while they said 15K there was probably less than that.

Might be a different story if they were actually in the city. Bridgeview is such a chore to get to.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Might be a different story if they were actually in the city. Bridgeview is such a chore to get to.

Plus years of the owner treating the club like an investment that he hopes to sell for more than he paid simply because franchise values are increasing, right?

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Debbie_Downer.PNG

Nice of you to join us, Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad