MLS - 2024 Season

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I wonder when people catch on that even with Messi Miami is really nowhere near as good as people think?
callender is the reason why they didn't lose by a few. he made some great saves and kept them in it. their D was pretty brutal and suarez looks completely cooked

messi and alba should carry miami to a top 3 finish in the EC, despite how bad their D looked

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’m a Riqui fan of course, so factor that in, but if the highlights and stats are any indication he wasn’t that bad. He definitely shouldn’t be your primary penalty taker and I think he can be a bit selfish. The giveaway? Fair to call him out, but all things considered I think it’s somewhat understandable. Besides, that goal happened after enough play and as someone who has watched Messi and Alba together for years and years that goal wasn’t a big surprise. Anyway, I saw a few actions that showed him doing well, like forcing a save that pushed the ball to the post or that secondary assist if you will based on his shot getting saved (though I’d argue he was selfish in taking that shot).

Yeah, that Paintsil signing seems a bit surprIsing.

Hopefully for you guys the Galaxy have a better season this term.
Riqui was pretty bad.

Edit: bad might not be the right word. He was just completely invisible apart from a few moments (both bad and good) and for someone that is supposed to be an MVP candidate like that’s just not good enough.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Riqui was pretty bad.

Edit: bad might not be the right word. He was just completely invisible apart from a few moments (both bad and good) and for someone that is supposed to be an MVP candidate like that’s just not good enough.

Yeah, I didn’t watch the match so far be it for me to say otherwise. I just saw the highlights where he stood out a couple of times and one site rated him fine though they tend to focus on passing and dribbling more than performance at times.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I don't believe what I just saw: The RSL-LAFC match was delayed nearly 2 hours due to weather. They kicked off and 5 minutes in the ref saw lightning and stopped the match. Then in something that was absolutely insane several of the players surrounded the ref angry that he called a halt to play and berated the guy. I am going to assume those players have room temperature IQs but if I'm being honest they are probably much dumber than that.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
after a week of every saying Suarez is done. He is having a great game. Even without being able to move. 2g 2a. And Messi now has 2 goals after not being involved in the first half.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I wonder when people catch on that even with Messi Miami is really nowhere near as good as people think?
With Messi (and whoever else was bought and paid for), Miami is vastly better than it would be otherwise: stuck in the league basement, not getting out any time soon.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
New season is upon us! The CONCACAF Champions Cup has already kicked off. Relevant to the MLS, Philadelphia Union won on the road, Vancouver drew at home, CITY beat Houston at home, and the remaining teams play tonight/tomorrow.
Will be at a few matches soon enough!
Can not wait. Sub Park is a rocking place.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

interesting, injuries have played a role though there's some rumors of some rather antisemitic stuff as well, even if not directed specifically at him, that has led to this.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
galaxy manage to steal a point on the road in nashville after being down 0-2. might have gotten the win if they hadn't missed yet another PK though. really frustrating

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Red Bulls home opener Saturday vs FC Dallas:
20240309_193030.jpg

Team improved matchday production greatly.
20240309_201028.jpg

Forseberg converts from the spot.
20240309_205151.jpg

South Ward celebrates what ended up the deciding goal in a 2-1 win.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
galaxy manage to steal a point on the road in nashville after being down 0-2. might have gotten the win if they hadn't missed yet another PK though. really frustrating

And Paintsil hit the post. From the highlights it looked pretty even. Looked as though Riqui had a good match. I’ve only seen highlights, but the Galaxy seem a bit more dynamic this season.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Tell me I’m not the only one who’s lost interest in this league ever since the Apple deal. With only 2 pages in this thread with almost a month into the season should tell you something.
It’s literally no different than it was before the Apple deal. Don’t think a thread about a specific soccer league on a hockey forum means anything.

Coverage now is so much better than it ever was.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’s literally no different than it was before the Apple deal. Don’t think a thread about a specific soccer league on a hockey forum means anything.

Coverage now is so much better than it ever was.
The Apple coverage is very good, but it’s not worth the extra money. Especially considering all the other streaming services you need to watch soccer; especially soccer at a much higher level than MLS. Getting the extra Apple coverage is so low on my list of soccer priorities. The last thing MLS needed was even more gated access, so I understand what the previous post is saying too

Reactions: NJDevs26

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The Apple coverage is very good, but it’s not worth the extra money. Especially considering all the other streaming services you need to watch soccer; especially soccer at a much higher level than MLS. Getting the extra Apple coverage is so low on my list of soccer priorities. The last thing MLS needed was even more gated access, so I understand what the previous post is saying too
I mean that’s fine. I just disagree.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean that’s fine. I just disagree.
What part do you disagree with? Respectfully, I mean where on the totem pole would you put MLS when you probably already have Peacock/ESPN/Paramount/etc.? Which are showing much better games; and much more variety of games/sports?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad