OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I previously mentioned his results since 2017 where he is top 15-20 in the league. His stats before then are absolutely entirely irrelevant he was a completely different pitcher and it is simply wrong to feel that way. From 2012-2016 he was not very good. That's over five years ago. Has nothing to do with how he is today.
I have legit reasons. I also said both sides make fair arguments on what they want to do. Clearly you feel anybody who isn’t comfortable signing him doesn’t know what they’re Talking about which I don’t agree with but whatever. Anyway for the last time let’s just agree to disagree and end this conversation

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I have legit reasons. I also said both sides make fair arguments on what they want to do. Clearly you feel anybody who isn’t comfortable signing him doesn’t know what they’re Talking about which I don’t agree with but whatever. Anyway for the last time let’s just agree to disagree and end this conversation

No. I think it's perfectly reasonable to not want to sign him. I think if the reason you don't want to sign him is because you're looking at his "whole career" then you don't know what you're talking about.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
No. I think it's perfectly reasonable to not want to sign him. I think if the reason you don't want to sign him is because you're looking at his "whole career" then you don't know what you're talking about

I never said that was the whole reason. I named other issues as well. You’re obviously bigtime pro Bauer which is perfectly fine but there are many who ate t and have legit reasons

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
This dude loves attention. He'll get more than enough playing in NY. Do the Mets let players interview on WFAN? This guy would be interesting in a weekly spot.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
This dude loves attention. He'll get more than enough playing in NY. Do the Mets let players interview on WFAN? This guy would be interesting in a weekly spot.

oh yeah, Evan Roberts will ask him what his wrestling name would be and can he kick a 20 yard FG.

Reactions: NYRangers0723

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
oh yeah, Evan Roberts will ask him what his wrestling name would be and can he kick a 20 yard FG.
The afternoon show isn't a sports show anymore. I'm talking about Moose & Maggie. Roberts changed his radio persona to fit in with Carton and now I can't listen to him. Shame because he was really good with Joe B.

Reactions: Maximus

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
The afternoon show isn't a sports show anymore. I'm talking about Moose & Maggie. Roberts changed his radio persona to fit in with Carton and now I can't listen to him. Shame because he was really good with Joe

Yeah but honestly I stated getting tired of Evan before. I’ve never been a Francesa fan and he is a arrogant SOB but he stuck to sports exclusively and even hockey he admitted he had no real knowledge

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Its a huge decision here if his choice is between LA and the Mets. LA is already an overwhelming favorite to win the NL (and WS).

So landing him is a double shot at that.

But man. Imagine trying to turn this into such a spectacle to announce you've signed what is essentially a 1 year deal. lol

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
No. I think it's perfectly reasonable to not want to sign him. I think if the reason you don't want to sign him is because you're looking at his "whole career" then you don't know what you're talking about.
3.60 xFIP in 2017
3.14 xFIP in 2018
4.33 xFIP in 2019
3.25 xFIP in 2020

I see two elite years, one good year, and one poor year. I understand that he's "top 15-20" in the league over that span, but let's not pretend it's due to tremendous consistency. I don't think it's remotely unreasonable to have concern about him pitching like he did in 2017 or 2019 while on a fat deal.

Also, the projections, which you used to shit on McCann, don't exactly love Bauer. Should we just ignore them here?

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Thank God!!!! Never wanted him at least not at that price. Plus we don’t lose draft picks. I said all along he was using the zeta and was a head case. Sign ordorizzi and another bp arm

Last edited:
Reactions: NYSPORTS

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I am relieved the Mets didn’t get Bauer. I don’t want another TDA fiasco for one of my teams. The Mets have had enough contriversies lately. Get us a CF to complete the defensive transformation up the middle and keep some powder dry for any other unexpected opportunities that pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad