OT: MLB Thread 2024

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I'd be thinking about swapping him and the DH spot, get him out of the 9th spot. Guys in front of him are getting on base for him to do absolutely nothing.

Was hoping against hope that he'd do something with the bases loaded and of course he launches his bat into the stratosphere first pitch.

They should've declared him out right there.

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Just a not very competitive game by the Mets.
Two games where they were spanked. That's a good team over there in the other dugout. No easy outs in their lineup unlike Alvarez and Alonso. We beat up on their B-pen and have done nothing against their A-pen and starters. Getting aggravated by Alonso taking first pitch fastballs down the middle.

• Love
Reactions: majordomo

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I can give Pete a pass because he is a major reason why they got this far.

Alvarez, Iglesias and Martinez need to sit. They are automatic outs and have been for a while now. Torrens, McNeil/Acuna and Winker should be getting more reps.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I can give Pete a pass because he is a major reason why they got this far.

Alvarez, Iglesias and Martinez need to sit. They are automatic outs and have been for a while now. Torrens, McNeil/Acuna and Winker should be getting more reps.
I get that. Huge franchise moment. But can't ignore that he's done very little otherwise. Iglesias lost some of his plate discipline but he's fine I think. They play him shallow opposite field, so he might have to start pulling the ball.

Takeahnase

Jun 29, 2024
NLV
Acuna has played like this stage and the pressure cooker of the Lindor back / WC race had no effect, probably because he’s too young to feel anything but invincible. I’d like to see him or McNeill get AB’s. Iglesias swings at pitches in a different area code recently.

Reactions: majordomo

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I get that. Huge franchise moment. But can't ignore that he's done very little otherwise. Iglesias lost some of his plate discipline but he's fine I think. They play him shallow opposite field, so he might have to start pulling the ball.
Looks to me like Iglesias is "free swinging" and he's been fooled on those low, sinking pitches -- looks totally undisciplined. As I mentioned earlier, Alvarez is going for fences every time he swings. And for someone who purportedly is a great fastball hitter, Alonso lets a lot of "right down broadway" pitches go by..

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Martinez sucks. I straight up don’t want to see him anymore period. Is Winker hurt? I still don’t understand why he wasn’t in yesterday. I’d prefer his lefty bat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad