OT: MLB Thread 2024

inranger94

Oct 18, 2019
6 degrees of Aaron Boone lol

One day the broadcast will offer a ‘sounds of the game only’ feature which will not have PBP, only crowd noise and sounds of the game. This will take some time to be implemented though because the salary of the PBP folks will need to be justified
or have AI do PBP part.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009

One day the broadcast will offer a ‘sounds of the game only’ feature which will not have PBP, only crowd noise and sounds of the game. This will take some time to be implemented though because the salary of the PBP folks will need to be justified
Interestingly, I think you can do this if you have surround sound by muting the center channel.

Reactions: will1066

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want

For us out of market peeps, MLB.tv used to have that as an audio option. They don't anymore. This year with MLB.tv though, if you have cable, you can verify that within the app/website and stream the games live (National video feed) while switching the audio to the WFAN feed for the Yanks. Ditto for the Mets btw. ...and Mr. Sterling is out of retirement just for the playoffs so 86 year old > 72 year old.

BTW...Luke Weaver looks like he is 16 years old. lol

Have to say, kudos to Matt Blake for making adjustments with Weaver and turning a journeyman into a guy who's fastball/changeup combo really plays.

• Wow
Reactions: Greg02

BlueShirtGal

True Blue Kitty
May 19, 2014
Federal Way, WA
LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0412.jpeg
    IMG_0412.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 1

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Correct....my office no longer closes on "Columbus Day"
I'm not worried since I am off for the day, but it's a terrible time slot in general.

I get that the Yankees are the Yankees, but is Yankees/Tigers or Yankees/Guardians moving the needle more than Mets/Dodgers or Mets/Padres?

It's also a 1PM local time start, gets really close to a day game after a night game vibe. I'm already expecting the same for when they have overlap in games 4 and 5.

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
The most underrated part of last night’s game was clay Holmes dominant performance.
Huge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad