OT: MLB Thread 2024

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I think I'm ready to move on from Alonso.
I have been for a while. As you may recall, I've been commenting on his demeanor and perceived attitude all year. I'm almost certain Boras told him before the season started that he was not going to sign and he's been tra-la-laing along ever since.

Looks totally clueless
I would say he looks like he just doesn't care any longer.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I have been for a while. As you may recall, I've been commenting on his demeanor and perceived attitude all year. I'm almost certain Boras told him before the season started that he was not going to sign and he's been tra-la-laing along ever since.

I would say he looks like he just doesn't care any longer.
I think he cares. His defense has been good. Has been questionable for awhile whether he gets the money Boras envisions. He's just lost swinging at low and away junk, also 30 now and physically heavier.

He's going to be a project, some team will take him. Fix or adjust his swing/approach.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I think he cares. His defense has been good. Has been questionable for awhile whether he gets the money Boras envisions. He's just lost swinging at low and away junk, also 30 now and physically heavier.

He's going to be a project, some team will take him. Fix or adjust his swing/approach.
It seems to me that at one point he was making progress at not swinging at those pitches and/or expecting them and shooting them to right field. He doesn't seem to any longer.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
It seems to me that at one point he was making progress at not swinging at those pitches and/or expecting them and shooting them to right field. He doesn't seem to any longer.
You're right about that. In postseason, use the gaps, get XBHs. Not a HR contest. To me, he needs to keep his hands and front shoulder back a split second longer, wait on pitches better. Would need to speed up his swing in the process.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC

FYI -- I wasn't criticizing his play on the field....he's been more than i hoped for and has definitely improved his play at first base. It's just his at bats that make me want to smack him.

Reactions: will1066

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad