OT: MLB Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Mets sweep the season series against the Yankees in a blowout! Huge home series against the Braves coming up. Hoping our turnaround and their slump is a sign of things to come this weekend.

Didn't know where else to post with there not being a 2024 MLB thread yet.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Mets sweep the season series against the Yankees in a blowout! Huge home series against the Braves coming up. Hoping our turnaround and their slump is a sign of things to come this weekend.

I'm still stunned they won the game two days ago -- that's a game the Mets historically lose. Going on Sunday and might grab some tickets tonight depending on the weather. They can really close the gap this weekend.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

I'm still stunned they won the game two days ago -- that's a game the Mets historically lose. Going on Sunday and might grab some tickets tonight depending on the weather. They can really close the gap this weekend.

Crazy how much Lindor struggles early in the year and then catches fire come June/July. He's been fantastic and Mets fans take him for granted due to his early season issues.

If Lindor is the Mets MVP, then Vientos, Alvarez and Severino are the unsung heroes.

Reactions: saintunspecified

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Crazy how much Lindor struggles early in the year and then catches fire come June/July. He's been fantastic and Mets fans take him for granted due to his early season issues.
His Mets career feels a lot like Beltran's (without the major injury, though).

As a catcher who got run over a few times, I wanted to get really angry that Alvarez got a shoulder up high on that rundown, but it really looked like Alvarez was out of control making the tag. Even if he had missed the tag, the runner ran inside the baseline to avoid, and would have been out. I really don't see why he ran into his shoulder.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
His Mets career feels a lot like Beltran's (without the major injury, though).

As a catcher who got run over a few times, I wanted to get really angry that Alvarez got a shoulder up high on that rundown, but it really looked like Alvarez was out of control making the tag. Even if he had missed the tag, the runner ran inside the baseline to avoid, and would have been out. I really don't see why he ran into his shoulder.
To me it looked like the runner kind of braced himself and didn't think Alvarez was gonna come that far in to tag him and just kind of physics from there. Runner apologized right away and didn't look intentional to me.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
To me it looked like the runner kind of braced himself and didn't think Alvarez was gonna come that far in to tag him and just kind of physics from there. Runner apologized right away and didn't look intentional to me.
Completely agree. He ran inside the baseline while Alvarez was on the outside of the line. Completely the opposite of what a runner would do if they're trying to bowl over the catcher. Alvarez lunged. I'd have braced, too.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Tough loss indeed, the goal now is to catch the Braves.
2 1/2 games behind the Braves, only 3 games left against them in Atlanta at the end of September. In order for the Mets to stay within striking distance practically every game is a must win.

Hope they don't get stupid and shit the bed against the White Sox this weekend.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
2 1/2 games behind the Braves, only 3 games left against them in Atlanta at the end of September. In order for the Mets to stay within striking distance practically every game is a must win.

Hope they don't get stupid and shit the bed against the White Sox this weekend.

new-girl.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bones45 and MJF

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Ohtani.

50hr
50 stolen bases.
.300 hitter.

Oh yeah. Also the ace of your pitching staff. (Tho he’s not pitching this year)

That's unheard of.

(Sorry arrogant yanks fans… Judge isn’t #1. )

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Successfully caught the Braves and got within two of both the Padres & D'backs. This Mets team has been impressive in their resiliency.

Dead sprint through the end of Sept!

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
It's really really nice to be a fan of a team that has a professional General Manager again. Mets really were in the desert for a while there, and I'm glad it's over. Mets simply wouldn't have had a chance without the pros who he brought in who weren't necessarily shiny options. But they'd be dead without many of these guys (Bader Torrens, Iglesias, etc.). If you'd told me that Alonso/Nimmo/McNeil would all have down years, I'd have thought the Mets would be in last place.

Obviously would say even more about Manaea & Severino. Obviously those moves were one year tricks, but it's never bad to be competitive in baseball, and the moves gave the franchise a chance this year. Who'd have even thought the Mets would have as many quality starts as the Yankees?

The only potential downside is that it could make the offseason complicated. Might have to restart on the pitching staff entirely.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
It's really really nice to be a fan of a team that has a professional General Manager again. Mets really were in the desert for a while there, and I'm glad it's over. Mets simply wouldn't have had a chance without the pros who he brought in who weren't necessarily shiny options. But they'd be dead without many of these guys (Bader Torrens, Iglesias, etc.). If you'd told me that Alonso/Nimmo/McNeil would all have down years, I'd have thought the Mets would be in last place.

Obviously would say even more about Manaea & Severino. Obviously those moves were one year tricks, but it's never bad to be competitive in baseball, and the moves gave the franchise a chance this year. Who'd have even thought the Mets would have as many quality starts as the Yankees?

The only potential downside is that it could make the offseason complicated. Might have to restart on the pitching staff entirely.
I suspect at least one of those starters is resigned

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

And not to mention a TDL for someone like Jesse Winker, who didn't cost much, is a solid lefty bat, gets on base and adds a little dickhead villain to this team.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Took 2 of 3 from the Jays. Now the truly brutal stretch begins to end the season. 4 of the final 5 series against the Phillies (twice), Braves and Brewers. If the Mets make it we'll have to really earn it. Hoping the 6 run 9th inning today gives a much needed spark to our struggling bats as we'll really need it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad