OT: MLB Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
These Braves remind me of the 90's Braves. Dominance, and without two of their best starters.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I don’t know why I still watch. I feel like the driver who has to look at the accident on the side of the road.
I'm not surprised the old starters didn't work. I'm also not surprised that the Diaz injury killed the bullpen. Lindor is the mystery for me... He's fallen off a cliff, strikes out a ton, but still seems to have his athleticism. What's going on there other than hitting is really difficult.

It's hard to see the Mets rounding out enough pitching internally to contend in the next few years without making some big moves.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Sorta OT because not MLB, but is anyone catching any of the College World Series? I saw the Wake-LSU game last night and it was great.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Eppler should send the entire Mets bullpen down to Syracuse.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Atlanta
Lindor is the mystery for me... He's fallen off a cliff, strikes out a ton, but still seems to have his athleticism. What's going on there other than hitting is really difficult.
Could be difficulty adjusting to the new rules? He's getting his numbers, but that avg is down and so's are up. Might be a mental thing as he seems to go up and down over long stretches.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
As a mets fan for 40 years i have seen some real crap over the years. This years version may be the worst of it
This isn't even close. I was a kid in the mid 70s. From the time Mrs Payson died to the time we hired Frank Cashen we were doomed before the season even started. All there was to look forward to was Lee Mazzilli and when would Craig Swan get hurt.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
This isn't even close. I was a kid in the mid 70s. From the time Mrs Payson died to the time we hired Frank Cashen we were doomed before the season even started. All there was to look forward to was Lee Mazzilli and when would Craig Swan get hurt.

Yes i know those 70s teams were all kinds of awful. But they didnt have the highest payroll coming off of 101 wins. This is a different level of horrific.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Been a Braves fan since the '90's. Can only dream that NYI had the equivalent talent (at some point in my lifetime).

That said, I hope they save some for the playoffs; they are a powerhouse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad