Confirmed with Link: Mittelstadt re-signed (3 years, $5.75M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Love that a player backs themselves - very AVS tbh. Over to you Mitts. Show us all mate !

Drouin - Mack - Rants
Lehks - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Colts - LOC
Wood - Trenin - Duhaime

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Johnson - Walker

Georgiev
Annunen

With so much developing depth - SCREAMS Stanley Cup to me.

Is Walker taking league minimum?

We can't afford Trenin or, likely, Duhaime as UFAs.

Johnson and Drouin are UFAs, but could probably be back at the right price. JJ probably needs to be a 6/7D with somebody else getting a fair bit of regular season playing time.

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Is Walker taking league minimum?

We can't afford Trenin or, likely, Duhaime as UFAs.

Johnson and Drouin are UFAs, but could probably be back at the right price. JJ probably needs to be a 6/7D with somebody else getting a fair bit of regular season playing time.

This is a fantasy roster where Denver is actually NYC, Colorado and players will play there exclusively for the honor of representing the burgundy and white.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Love that a player backs themselves - very AVS tbh. Over to you Mitts. Show us all mate !

Drouin - Mack - Rants
Lehks - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Colts - LOC
Wood - Trenin - Duhaime

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Johnson - Walker

Georgiev
Annunen

...6 of those players are not currently on this team. 4 of them are 99% not returning.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

Drouin - Mack - Rants
Lehks - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Colts - LOC
Wood - Trenin - Duhaime

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Johnson - Walker

Georgiev
Annunen

The eternal optimist strikes again to light our pitch black souls.

This roster does not fit under the cap at all. It's pretty dope though, but impossible to accomplish.

Reactions: missionAvs

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Why would players have Utah on their NTC? Or NYI?
Seems its personal to each individual player. So I can't answer that with any authority.

But my personal take is...

Utah? Is the former AZ franchise suddenly going to shed all the reputation of hockey mediocracy? Heck, even Gretzky couldn't save them.

Do players really enjoy playing the Islander style of hockey......?

Yeah, that's changed with Roy as coach. But I've seen Patrick up close and personal. I know he's some kind of hero here (beyond his goaltending which I agree was beyond superlative and outstanding). But I don't like his narcissism and I wouldn't want to play for him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Seems its personal to each individual player. So I can't answer that with any authority.

Utah? Is the former AZ franchise suddenly going to shed all the reputation of hockey mediocracy? Heck, even Gretzky couldn't save them.

Yeah, that's changed with Roy as coach. But I've seen Patrick up close and personal. I know he's some kind of hero here (beyond his goaltending which I agree was beyond superlative and outstanding). But I don't like his narcissism and I wouldn't want to play for him.
Absolutely. They finally have an owner with very deep pockets and a stable home. We saw today the owner clearly means business and wants a competitive team with the Sergachev and Marino acquisitions.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Absolutely. They finally have an owner with very deep pockets and a stable home. We saw today the owner clearly means business and wants a competitive team with the Sergachev and Marino acquisitions.
I think Bill Armstrong has to be the happiest person in the NHL since the sale of the team. He's finally got an owner that will allow him to do his job properly. So the question now is, how good of a GM is Armstrong actually?

Reactions: The Moops

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Someone nailed Mittlestadt's contract on DNVR's rate my roster episode and their reaction to it is hilarious given that it actually happened about an hour later

Timestamp embedded in URL:

Oof that's one hell of a small and weak lineup, and it completely disregards Landy and Nuke's contracts. These guys are media?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I think Bill Armstrong has to be the happiest person in the NHL since the sale of the team. He's finally got an owner that will allow him to do his job properly. So the question now is, how good of a GM is Armstrong actually?
Scary thought if Utah actually is a decent team and not a place to park career-dead players. Central is becoming a real challenge in 3-4 years time if Bedard lives up to the hype and the Mild figure out what to do without paying for the twins. Could the Avs blow it up by 2027? What could they get for trading an in-his-prime Makar and not get held back by an overpay on Mikko? Feels like this season is make or break.

Middlestadt could be the second best player on the team by the time that extension is due.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Scary thought if Utah actually is a decent team and not a place to park career-dead players. Central is becoming a real challenge in 3-4 years time if Bedard lives up to the hype and the Mild figure out what to do without paying for the twins. Could the Avs blow it up by 2027? What could they get for trading an in-his-prime Makar and not get held back by an overpay on Mikko? Feels like this season is make or break.

Middlestadt could be the second best player on the team by the time that extension is due.
Trade an in-his-prime best defenseman in hockey?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

I think above all, players are looking for a competitive team and a good organization. Now there are exceptions of course, like Johnny Gaudreau to Columbus.

Before the college rink, it was probably like 50/50 with players and Arizona. The team and the organization were and utter joke, but the city very nice. But that college rink was a tough pill to swallow even if your team was a joke.

I know Utah isn't the exciting destination, but that team and organization are looking very promising now. And I'm sure players who ponder about Utah can ask Jazz players about their opinions about playing there as well. Quite sure they are giving a positive review.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Personally I would hate to have to live in Salt Lake City. It's pretty, but that's about it.
What difference does it make if you are an NHL player where you play? Id care about management, my teammates and how I fit into the squad/system. And of course contract. That's about it. Rich and wealthy people don't give two shits about what the community is like and how it's perceived. It's all about how they can advance your personal interests.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
What difference does it make if you are an NHL player where you play? Id care about management, my teammates and how I fit into the squad/system. And of course contract. That's about it. Rich and wealthy people don't give two shits about what the community is like and how it's perceived. It's all about how they can advance your personal interests.
I'd generally agree with that. I just would never choose to live in the state of Utah myself. Lovely place to visit though

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Gretzky was a horrendous front office guy, worse than Michael Jordan. He was an even worse coach. He wasn't going to save the franchise. Hell, the most notable thing he did was insist they change the uniforms, and frankly that was the one thing they had going for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad