Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Wow really, Ok then. See the post above, everything bolded is a lie. I never said any of those things.

You use words like honesty and integrity so over to you. Either show me where I said those things or admit that you're just making stuff up. I especially look forward to seeing which of my statements you've interpreted as "win a playoff series or you are garbage".
It's a pattern with so called "influencers". When you don't buy their ridiculous strawman arguments they resort to what's called "shaming language" in an attempt to get you on the defensive.

Look it up.

To me, they're so transparent.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
One thing everyone can agree on is that it will be great seeing him back playing at 100%.
You still haven't learned have you? You really need to stop thinking that everyone feels the same way you do and therefore, you can speak for everyone.

You get so excited posting "super crazy elite" in a bunch of threads every time he has a good game. That's fine, if he gives you such a big thrill during the regular season then I'm truly happy for you. That's you though, it's not everyone else and for someone who spends as much time here as you do, the fact that you still don't get this makes me question your reading comprehension abilities (to put it mildly).

For me, it's hard to get excited about almost anything that happens during the regular season. Matthews chasing 70, that was about the only thing I can think of that has gotten me even a little bit excited during the regular season over the last few years.

1-8 in playoff series, that's absolutely pathetic and while that's not all on Marner, the fact that his play drops off massively after the first few games of the playoffs is most definitely a big part of why we always seem to lose game 7.

You want to know what would be great for me re. Marner and most likely many other Leaf fans? If he played in the second playoff round like a star player who deserves to be paid the way he is being paid, now that would be something great, something new, and a very pleasant surprise.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
One thing everyone can agree on is that it will be great seeing him back playing at 100%.
I'm not a Marner hater by any stretch, but I don't think it'll be "great" seeing him back at all - instead, it will be a reminder of how poorly run and managed this organization has been, that we are now in a position where they've ultimately had to bring him back despite not wanting to.

There's nothing "Great" about that situation at all, and it will only serve as a reminder of how poor this entire era has been

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm not a Marner hater by any stretch, but I don't think it'll be "great" seeing him back at all - instead, it will be a reminder of how poorly run and managed this organization has been, that we are now in a position where they've ultimately had to bring him back despite not wanting to.

There's nothing "Great" about that situation at all, and it will only serve as a reminder of how poor this entire era has been
It'll be great seeing him healthy.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
We dont know that. He missed many games with an ankle injury.
He played 6 games in the reg season, had 8 pts and everyone was pumping his tires

After he got shut down and while he was getting shutdown the cult of marner got busy with the injury narratives

Marner didnt play any different in boston 2024 then he did vs flordia 2023, MTL 2021, or CBJ 2020

Last edited:

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
He plans to sign for another 4 at 34 so your framing is wrong

:D Iove your inside. It changes nothing, but you get that one mandatory like. He can sign for 1 year or 8 years after his next contract or anything in between.

There is no need for you to pretend extra stupidity . 7 and 8 years totals only matter if you plan on retiring after 7 years.

So you are framing it wrong buddy. Take Mitch to Utah thread pls. Thank you !

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Wow really, Ok then. See the post above, everything bolded is a lie. I never said any of those things.

You didn't Gary?

Games 1-4: 37 pts in 31 gp (98 point pace over 82 games)
Games 5-7: 8 pts in 17 gp (39 point pace over 82 games)
I want playoff success and it doesn't make sense to spend that much cap space on someone who gets smaller as the games get bigger. If he compiles points when there's no pressure and then turns into a creampuff when the pressure's on, what good is he?

Seems to me any reasonable person would interpret that as you dismissing his games 1 through 4 contributions and highlighting the "cream puffy" nature of his game 5 through 7, you went out of your way to say games 5 through 7 are more important and that Marner is a cream puff that can't hack it... Gary do you know where the derogatory term Cream Puff comes from when referring to a man? Do we allow slurs on this forum now? I strike it up as to ignorance vs purposeful intent to slur... at any rate I think the posters on here are educated enough to make their point without going where you did.

I mean how ridiculous to say there is no pressure in games 1 through 4 ... like really ridiculous self serving framing there Gary...

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
You have gone on and on that you hope that Marner gets traded on July 1st and are now saying you thought he would stay? Sell it to someone else who believes in your lies

:popcorn: salty

Hoping we get rid of this playoff cancer and trusting MLSE to do it are two separate things. Most of the fanbase hoped that the tantrum-throwing, bench crying stud on the best contract in the league would be traded by now, but you have to be realistic.

No one talks about this league being watered down more than Leafs Nation. Yet we all still somehow feel, there are not enough teams in this league to get rid of this bum. Not while on NMC .

Sit him, let him wave and trade him. In this order.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
You didn't Gary?

I want playoff success and it doesn't make sense to spend that much cap space on someone who gets smaller as the games get bigger. If he compiles points when there's no pressure and then turns into a creampuff when the pressure's on, what good is he?

Seems to me any reasonable person would interpret that as you dismissing his games 1 through 4 contributions and highlighting the "cream puffy" nature of his game 5 through 7, you went out of your way to say games 5 through 7 are more important and that Marner is a cream puff that can't hack it... Gary do you know where the derogatory term Cream Puff comes from when referring to a man? Do we allow slurs on this forum now? I strike it up as to ignorance vs purposeful intent to slur... at any rate I think the posters on here are educated enough to make their point without going where you did.

I mean how ridiculous to say there is no pressure in games 1 through 4 ... like really ridiculous self serving framing there Gary...

It's a joke ,this playoffs? One spin o rama goal. YOU and many other are still trying to find Mitch Marner playmaking highlight from year before? Or have you found it?

I suspect not, so back to praising Mitch for 3 assists at the end of 7-3 blowout game 1 ? Look at his totals :D ROFL. He useless games 1-4, unless Matthews creates his chance and scores.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
1720112712908.png

Reactions: BraveCanadian

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
:D Iove your inside. It changes nothing, but you get that one mandatory like. He can sign for 1 year or 8 years after his next contract or anything in between.

There is no need for you to pretend extra stupidity . 7 and 8 years totals only matter if you plan on retiring after 7 years.

So you are framing it wrong buddy. Take Mitch to Utah thread pls. Thank you !
No. 7 years over eight means the difference of getting a contract for term afterwards. Why don't you refresh yourself on the salary cap rules

Reactions: francis246

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Marner would extend for 11 times 8,
Not even close. Marner starts at 11.5. No way he’s accepting a 100K raise.

I also don’t think he signs for 8 years. That would put him at 36 and much more difficult to squeeze another big salary out of you.

If he signs for 4 at 12-12.5 million, he can still hold you ransom one more time like Matthews will.

And you will love it, praise it and think he gave us a great deal.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Not even close. Marner starts at 11.5. No way he’s accepting a 100K raise.

I also don’t think he signs for 8 years. That would put him at 36 and much more difficult to squeeze another big salary out of you.

If he signs for 4 at 12-12.5 million, he can still hold you ransom one more time like Matthews will.

And you will love it, praise it and think he gave us a great deal.

Tanev just got his most lucrative contract at age 34, don't be so sure that there aren't dumb enough GMs to give out some large contracts at 36.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You didn't Gary?

You equating yourself with "any reasonable person" is comedy gold.

No I don't know where the term cream puff comes from, but it felt like it fit. I just looked it up though, here's a link, what's the problem?

I've also referred him as a cupcake, would you prefer I use that going forward? He's been called a lot worse, if you're this sensitive then I don't now what to say to you. But yes, it does seem like he can't handle the pressure, especially game 3 against Florida was the final straw for me that exposed him as a choker.

And BTW, where's the part where I said "you have to win a playoff series or you are garbage" or are even you having trouble finding a way to spin that one.

And finally, this was your original quote, where are you going show me where I actually said any of these things?

according to Gary those are the only games that count. First it was regular season does not count, then it moved you have to win a playoff series or you are garbage, then Gary further reduced to only games 5,6,7 count

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad