Player Discussion Mitch Marner

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Christmas time is here
Happiness and cheer
Fun for all that children call
Their favorite time of the year
Snowflakes in the air
Carols everywhere
Olden times and ancient rhymes
Of love and dreams to share
Sleigh bells in the air
Beauty everywhere
Yuletide by the fireside
And joyful memories there
Christmas time is here
We'll be drawing near
Oh, that we could always see
Such spirit through the year
Oh, that we could always see
Such spirit through the year...

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Hey its July. Month that franchises make or destroy themselves for up to a decade! Lets see what happens.

Lets go Pizza guy!

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Christmas time is here
Happiness and cheer
giphy.gif

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
man you would write like 6 paragraphs in response to a comment like this

It wasn't a comment, it was a question. This group is 1-8 in playoff series, you're happy that we're running it back, I'm just asking why.

If someone asks me a simple question, my first instinct is to answer, you're deflecting instead.

It's a simple, straightforward question. But if you don't know why you're happy to run it back, that's OK.

You can tell that the cult of hate is getting nervous. It's so funny. They circle jerk themselves into believing in a reality that doesn't exist and are then shocked that they are wrong. It's very much like maga. So funny.

The Marner fanboys have been circle jerking themselves into believing that the kid is a playoff performer, not a choker. Have you figured out that you're wrong yet?

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
It wasn't a comment, it was a question. This group is 1-8 in playoff series, you're happy that we're running it back, I'm just asking why.

If someone asks me a simple question, my first instinct is to answer, you're deflecting instead.

It's a simple, straightforward question. But if you don't know why you're happy to run it back, that's OK.
yes it's because I love playoff failure

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
It’s clear the agent who is very vocal and made negative comments about the negotiations with MLSE and is doing damage control.
It's clear that Feschuk is a drama-inducing, click-desperate idiot that reported year-old information in an extremely misleading way to imply negotiation issues that didn't exist, and the agent had to come out the next day and correct the horrible and false reporting, and explicitly refute the rumour. Now you're attempting to use some vague, outdated, out-of-context word as a source and extrapolate from it, as you ignore the actual explanation from that source, making clear and explicit statements about the matter.

Reactions: francis246

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
yes it's because I love playoff failure

I assume that's sarcasm. Why can't you just give a straight answer? There is at least one poster here who doesn't care about the playoffs, is it unreasonable for me to speculate that you could feel the same?

I'm not looking to pick a fight here, I'm just trying to understand why someone would be happy about running it back with a group that's 1-8 in the playoffs. Usually when people are happy, they can explain why unless they're high on shrooms or something (which I assume you aren't).

Simple question - why are you happy to be running it back?

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
I assume that's sarcasm. Why can't you just give a straight answer? There is at least one poster here who doesn't care about the playoffs, is it unreasonable for me to speculate that you could feel the same?

I'm not looking to pick a fight here, I'm just trying to understand why someone would be happy about running it back with a group that's 1-8 in the playoffs. Usually when people are happy, they can explain why unless they're high on shrooms or something (which I assume you aren't).

Simple question - why are you happy to be running it back?
I like a lot of the players and the one I don't really like (Domi) tends to be loved by the people who most hate the players I like. which feels right, you know?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I like a lot of the players and the one I don't really like (Domi) tends to be loved by the people who most hate the players I like. which feels right, you know?
Oddly, no where did you mention anything about team performance and results particularly the playoffs.

So is it safe to say your a Name on the Back kind of Leaf Fan and not the Crest on the Front?

Nothing wrong with that as there are no rules to being a Fan.

However Fans that keep wanting to run it back, don't seem to care that it doesn't work and needs significant change. Which then is the Crest on the Front supporters POV that want change and names don't matter its the results that do. .

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Oddly, no where did you mention anything about team performance and results particularly the playoffs.

So is it safe to say your a Name on the Back kind of Leaf Fan and not the Crest on the Front?

Nothing wrong with that as there are no rules to being a Fan.

However Fans that keep wanting to run it back, don't seem to care that it doesn't work and needs significant change. Which then is the Crest on the Front supporters POV that want change and names don't matter its the results that do. .

how on earth did you even reach that conclusion?
"I don't like some players others like." = "you are not a crest on the front" fan?

you do realize you can dislike (or like) certain people, and still just be more for the Crest in the Front? for crying out loud.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
There is at least one poster here who doesn't care about the playoffs, is it unreasonable for me to speculate that you could feel the same?
That's Confucious right?

Truth is a lot of these casual fans cheering for Marner to stay don't really follow the postseason. They're just casual fans who probably bought a Marner jersey and cheer for him unconditionally.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
That's Confucious right?

Truth is a lot of these casual fans cheering for Marner to stay don't really follow the postseason. Their just casual fans who probably bought a Marner jersey and cheer for him unconditionally.

Confucious, yes. He cares mostly about the regular season, and not about the playoffs. It's definitely unusual but he's clear about what he cares about and that's fine.

I agree that there a lot of casual fans who like you say, cheer unconditionally. I would think that most of them do absolutely follow the postseason (at least as long as the Leafs are alive), they just don't really understand what they're watching. And there's so many of them that if Marner gets his 12.5x8 extension, the overall reaction from the fanbase may even be positive. I don't think Confucious is one of those guys though, he seems to be somewhat invested in the team, he just doesn't care about the playoffs and from that POV, Marner's a fantastic player and extending him is a no brainer.

Reactions: rumman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad