Player Discussion Mitch Marner

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I expect he'll be the same player no matter where he plays. Very good to excellent for the regular season and the first few games of the playoffs, then as the games get bigger he gets smaller and smaller. Put him someplace that has no expectations of playoff success to begin with and he'll be loved by the entire fanbase.
Like Toronto?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Like Toronto?

1719784622376.png

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
After looking at the Durzi deal, I am leaning toward Utah will be MM's new team as it seems like they are willing to pay his 100mil or more extension.

Reactions: ToneDog

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
After looking at the Durzi deal, I am leaning toward Utah will be MM's new team as it seems like they are willing to pay his 100mil or more extension.

If/when he hits FA, I'd imagine Utah would make a push. Can't see many others willing to pay his ask.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Leafs were reportedly "very mad" about the Utah rumor. Why would you be very mad about a totally false made up rumor by a X member with little credentials? Unless there has been talks with Utah.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Leafs were reportedly "very mad" about the Utah rumor. Why would you be very mad about a totally false made up rumor by a X member with little credentials? Unless there has been talks with Utah.
What was the rumour?

Marner broke a nail waterskiing at Muskoka cottage and is going on LTIR?

Severe s’mores burn? Fortnite tournament?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
With the vibes sort of leaning towards the Leafs wanting to keep him, can someone remind me if there's a reason Mitch doesn't play C?

He's an excellent two way player. Is he so hopeless at faceoffs that they can't play him there?

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'd feel a lot better if two of the core forwards were at least centers.
We got JT and weren’t about to waste him on a third line so he developed into a winger.

anyway I'm kind of glad we're running it all back
Yeah I expect they all will improve under the new coach. Much like the team, I’m not bailing on the core 4.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Zebras have stripes, leopards have spots……just busting your chops……..
The saying is "can a leopard change his spots", and the leopard is one of the smaller big cats. Tigers have stripes, but are bigger and more aggressive. And you may have noticed that I said 'stripe' - singular.

Everything was intentional.

Reactions: rumman

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay