Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
But they would at least make it a bit more difficult for opposing player to enter the zone, such as a little bump or even be in front of said player.

It was a great play from the Bruins, there is no doubt about that. However, MM who supposed to be this amazing Selke level forward, should had done a little more than just letting opposing player enter the zone untouch, the goal could had been prevented.

Like getting an extension, team friendly deal….
But there is nothing, like absolutely nothing. Even medias are not talking about it.
Looks like he is going out for a stroll in the park. It is OT of game #7 of the playoffs. You have stunk for most of the series, have rep of sucking in game 5-7 and that is the intensity your bring. Time to move on folks.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
View attachment 887766

If Marner would take accountability and stop being such a clown in the media he’d be a fan favorite.

And if he reaches his full potential he’s a top 5 player in the league.
Almost all of those players have had playoff success, which means multiple rounds per year, and I would assume points are harder to get in the later rounds than the first round.

Take our that first rd last year against Tampa, which had some blowouts, which helped boost Marners pathetic playoff stats

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Like getting an extension, team friendly deal….
But there is nothing, like absolutely nothing. Even medias are not talking about it.
I don't think there is much to talk about when it comes to Tavares. He is going to resign here at a much reduced number. I suspect everyone in and outside of the organization already knows that. He isn't leaving Toronto.

Reactions: ACC1224 and ToneDog

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
This is comedy

Now do playoff wins losses.

The main problem on the goal was MR44, followed by Samsonov, with MM a distant third
Like I said, it was a great play from the Bruins and they deserve full credits.

The thing that bothers is not MM didn’t chase Pastra to the corner but it is the fact that MM didn’t even bother bumping into Pastra or skate in front of him, these two little things will cause Pastra to not enter the zone as quick.

Reactions: arso40

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
What is there realistically to say? He's not going anywhere. That's the end of it.
Then why wouldn’t you say that and end the endless media speculation that is bad for your team and the player.
Do you usually treat the players you want to keep long term that way?

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Almost all of those players have had playoff success, which means multiple rounds per year, and I would assume points are harder to get in the later rounds than the first round.

Take our that first rd last year against Tampa, which had some blowouts, which helped boost Marners pathetic playoff stats
This core 5 is 19-30 (0.441) in the playoffs. Let's keep trying and hope things will change.

Edit: Sorry I added next year's 4 losses in round #1. They are 19-26 in the last 6 playoffs.

Last edited:

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
You can add Willie, who also looked asleep. Those are 3 of our 5 core folks. That won't fly with the new coach.
What was Willie supposed to do on that play exactly the complete opposite side of the ice was his responsibility

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
What was Willie supposed to do on that play exactly the complete opposite side of the ice was his responsibility
I thought he was in the middle of the ice looking disinterested. I could be wrong. Like I said, I'd love to hear Berube's take of the play.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I thought he was on the middle of the ice looking disinterested. I could be wrong. Like I said, I'd love to hear Berube's take of the play.
Which is where he should be when the pucc is on the other side of the ice shadowing the far side dman

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Unfortunately this isn't our decision and the way Dreger was talking it doesn't sound like he's going to agree to moving anywhere

It is what it is, bugger all we can do about it

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Then why wouldn’t you say that and end the endless media speculation that is bad for your team and the player.
Do you usually treat the players you want to keep long term that way?
What endless media speculation? I don't think anyone is saying anything. Everyone knows he will resign in Toronto. Why would they need to rush to resign him a year before they need to do so? At some point during the season we'll get a tweet saying that he's been resigned. It's just a matter of what the number and term end up being, but it will be team-friendly. He is here until he retires, and that won't happen for a few more years.

Reactions: danny90 and ACC1224

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Unfortunately this isn't our decision and the way Dreger was talking it doesn't sound like he's going to agree to moving anywhere

It is what it is, bugger all we can do about it
I think the Leafs would like to move him but know it’s probably 90% that they can’t.
Between his NMC and the fact that for what the Leafs want in return and the crazy salary he probably wants, it’s just not with it.

So Tre is trying not to strain the relationship. Not saying he’s a priority, just saying he’s a great player. End.

Reactions: Kiwi and ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad