Mitch Marner Vs Brady Tkachuk for the future

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which player do you take for the future?

• Neutral fan take Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 99 48.3%
  • Neutral fan take Mitch Marner

Votes: 45 22.0%
  • Ottawa fan take Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • Ottawa fan take Mitch Marner

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Toronto fan take Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • Toronto fan take Mitch Marner

Votes: 20 9.8%

• Total voters

Strangle

May 4, 2009
If you cant figure it out on your own from watching him and hockey in general i doubt a a few sentences or a book will be able to enlighten you.

So I guess every hockey player in the NHL that didnt make the playoffs last year all suck too then. Great logic.

Are you ignoring the comment I was responding to? Great job, buddy.

Explain to me how Hfboards ‘would rather’ have Brady and Stutzle than Matthews and Marner (supported by poll results) but Ottawa has both of those players and the team f***ing sucks.

Explain that ‘logic’ to me, because it doesn’t make any sense

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
If you cant figure it out on your own from watching him and hockey in general i doubt a a few sentences or a book will be able to enlighten you.

So I guess Crosby sucks too because his team missed the playoffs last year. Great logic.
Your right I can’t figure it out on my own because we have seen plenty of players who play the same style as Brady that were terrible playoff performers. Todd Bertuzzi and Keith Tkachuk to name a few.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Incapable of actually using context. That thread was from 2 years ago when Stutzle had a better 20 year old season than matthews. In the context that at a significantly lower dollar amount would result in a better value player if he continued his same development curve. No one is saying Stutzle is better than Matthews. Disingenuous comment at the very least. Secondly if were going on team success to measure a players value how on earth would Matthews be considered a top 5 player in hockey. He clearly is but by your own criteria he is a phony.

Wow you’re a piece of work, aren’t you. The ‘context’ of that post was always going to bare itself out in time. And it has.

You guys who voted Stutzle all have egg on your face and can’t face up to being unbelievably WRONG, which was obvious to everyone arguing for Matthews in that thread, but oblivious to you guys.

Just accept it, Hfboards (including you) just cannot seperate their hate of the maple leafs enough to be the least bit objective in their assessment of maple leaf players.

Just admit it, it will make you a bigger person.

This thread isn’t as embarassing as that one, but Stutzle and tkachuk play together, and they aren’t better than Matthews and Marner. Which we all know but you can’t seem to understand

Here re read the thread

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I like Tkachuk's style more than Marner's. But that same style usually leads to that player's career being shorter than a guy like Marner, who puts up points with the best of them and actively avoids contact which should lead to a longer career.

I suppose if I were to be a GM and looking for longevity, I'd pick Marner. But if my team is in a win now Cup window for the foreseeable future ( 5 years or so ), easily Tkachuk.

Reactions: bert

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Leafs fan taking Tkachuk all day.

Marner may be more skilled, but he is awful in the playoffs and he's likely going to be asking at least 11.5 mill and he is absolutely not a 3 million+ better player than Brady, maybe in the season but not at all in the playoffs.

Marner's game is putting up points, in the playoffs he ranks 46th in p/60, even if we take away players that have played 30 games or less he still ranks 41st. That's the only thing he can do and if you all of a sudden become the 41st best in the league while demanding to be paid like the 5-10th best player, you are not going to be worth much.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Wow you’re a piece of work, aren’t you. The ‘context’ of that post was always going to bare itself out in time. And it has.

You guys who voted Stutzle all have egg on your face and can’t face up to being unbelievably WRONG, which was obvious to everyone arguing for Matthews in that thread, but oblivious to you guys.

Just accept it, Hfboards (including you) just cannot seperate their hate of the maple leafs enough to be the least bit objective in their assessment of maple leaf players.

Just admit it, it will make you a bigger person.

This thread isn’t as embarassing as that one, but Stutzle and tkachuk play together, and they aren’t better than Matthews and Marner. Which we all know but you can’t seem to understand

Here re read the thread
Get a grip. If you cant handle it dont post. The second bolded sentence OH the irony.

Where did I say that Stutzle and Tkachuk are better than Matthews and Marner? All I said is I wouldnt trade Tkachuk for Marner ever. You can keep your perimeter soft player who only cares about a paycheque and mails it in when it gets tough and he no longer gets paid. All the talent in the world, no back bone.

Secondly I picked the leafs to win the division this year because they finally have a general manager that understands roster construction and what it takes to win in the NHL come playoff time. I can still hate a team and be objective, something you clearly cannot.

No, but I’m usually correct
Obtuse and 0 self awareness. What a combination.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Get a grip. If you cant handle it dont post.

Where did I say that Stutzle and Tkachuk are better than Matthews and Marner? All I said is I wouldnt trade Tkachuk for Marner ever. You can keep your perimeter soft player who only cares about a paycheque and mails it in when it gets tough and he no longer gets paid. All the talent in the world, no back bone.

Secondly I picked the leafs to win the division this year because they finally have a general manager that understands roster construction and what it takes to win in the NHL come playoff time. I can still hate a team and be objective, something you clearly cannot.

Look at the two poll results I’m talking about

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Are you ignoring the comment I was responding to? Great job, buddy.

Explain to me how Hfboards ‘would rather’ have Brady and Stutzle than Matthews and Marner (supported by poll results) but Ottawa has both of those players and the team f***ing sucks.

Explain that ‘logic’ to me, because it doesn’t make any sense
The Leafs have both Matthews and Marner and the team f***ing sucks so I don’t really understand this point

Strangle

May 4, 2009
The Leafs have both Matthews and Marner and the team f***ing sucks so I don’t really understand this point

Remember, we’re comparing them to the Ottawa senators.

Want to try again?? Lmao

I mean top 3 in the league in points percentage over Matthews and Marner’s careers, but you go right ahead and gaslight

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
If he can't, why was he able to OUTSCORE Matthews in his 20 y/o season while still on his ELC? 39 goals and 90 points that season. Matthews had 34 goals and 63 points when he was 20

There was a big difference between the 2 last season but it might not be the case every season, and if that happens, some of you will look extremely stupid.

The scoring looks different because Stutzle played more games. Matthews was injured on his ELC and then covid shortened 2 seasons of his prime. His scoring pace has always been consistent.

Matthews is not a 1 or 2 season thing, his scoring rate has been consistently the best in the league since he entered it. And once again, conveniently ignoring the massive, MASSIVE gap in defense between the two (nvm the size)

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
The hilarious thing is, if you combine both these polls (and we really should, just to show how embarassing hfboards posters are) hfboards would rather have Stutzle and Brady over Matthews and marner

Unbelievably stupid and any GM making that trade would be rightly out of the league within hours

Also, yes we should bump it. Unfortunately it’s locked. Can we petition to have it reopened? It’s my favorite thread on the whole site

Hfboards would have also taken svechnikov over Marner according to Hfboards poll results

And the funny thing is neither of those guys have any playoff history. They can't even make the playoffs. They are putrid defensively and play a completely immature type of game.

The only reason these folks are so hard on marner and Matthews (outside of the obvious being Leafs) is because they are so much better than these guys they should be better in the playoffs. Sadly the team hasn't given anything to dispute that crap.

Hopefully this is the year of a deep run so we can finally stop the hyperbole that because they just under PPG in the postseason which is disappointing, that it means they score 0 points and are swept every year like people pretend.

Reactions: Strangle

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
If Hfboards was correct, and Stutzle > Matthews and Brady > Marner …. Why don’t the results bare that out?

Toronto’s duo is far and away crushing Ottawa’s duo in both individual and team accomplishments.

Where is the evidence to support Hfboards on this?

Where is the support for this? Read the thread. You’ll see plenty.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
For all you know Tkachuk is the worst playoff performer in the entire league

If my choice is having Mitch Marner on my playoff roster, or rolling the dice on whether Brady Tkachuk is the worst playoff performer in the entire league, I would happily roll the dice.

I know what Marner will give me in the post-season and I'm absolutely not interested.

Reactions: Xspyrit and bert

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Hfboards are notoriously very wrong in polls regarding maple leaf players as well as Marner specifically

To the point where you will get infractions for reminding the unwashed masses about the (now closed … interesting) Matthews vs Stutzle WITH CONTRACTS! Poll

These threads are always great for entertainment and handing out L’s

Also, poll is misleading. There is no such thing as a ‘neutral’ fan when the leafs are involved. It’s either leaf fan voting or leaf hater voting

Is there anything more tiresome than Leaf fans playing the victim card?

Just because someone doesn't agree, or fawn all over Leaf player in a comparison doesn't mean the people "hate the Leafs." It's such nonsense.

They are also in the top half of the league for playoff wins since Matthews and Marner came into the league

You think winning one series is in the top half of the league for the last eight years?

You can't seriously believe this.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Is there anything more tiresome than Leaf fans playing the victim card?

Just because someone doesn't agree, or fawn all over Leaf player in a comparison doesn't mean the people "hate the Leafs." It's such nonsense.

No one cares if you aren’t a leafs fan. What should be pointed out is the people who are wrong because they aren’t leaf fans.

I can say that Sidney Crosby and McDavid are great players and better than Stutzle and I would rather have them on my team than Stutzle.

The issue is that Hfboards can’t do that for anyone wearing a maple leaf.

Marner has lost more polls on this site than I can count. And since we can’t make ‘revenge polls’ you’ll never see a redo of “who would you rather svetchnikov or Marner?”

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
No one cares if you aren’t a leafs fan. What should be pointed out is the people who are wrong because they aren’t leaf fans.

I can say that Sidney Crosby and McDavid are great players and better than Stutzle and I would rather have them on my team than Stutzle.

The issue is that Hfboards can’t do that for anyone wearing a maple leaf.

Marner has lost more polls on this site than I can count. And since we can’t make ‘revenge polls’ you’ll never see a redo of “who would you rather svetchnikov or Marner?”

There’s certainly some aspect of schadenfreude over Leafs’ lack of success on this site that tends to bias opinions, but with Marner it’s as much of a bias over smaller playmaking wingers as anything imo. Gaudreau had a lot of the same bias as well. Guys like Kane avoided that because he had clutch success in the playoffs, but with Marner he’ll need to have a great playoff run before he gets the respect of his regular season performances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad